Quick question bout beadlocks and powder coating

Krystianjk

Should I leave the ringS on the beadlocks or should I take them off? I'm referring to these specifically ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446571878.040434.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would powder coat the rim but paint the ring. If you do any rock crawling they are just going to get searched to hell and all of the money you put into it will be wasted. Just paint as its easier to touch up down the road

GR8WHITE

Yes. You need to unbolt the rings and u need to buy bolts to cover up the holes and protect the threads. If not you will have to tap all the threads... Ask me how i know. Lol

Last edited:

Krystianjk

Yes. You need to unbolt the rings and u need to buy bolts to cover up the holes and protect the threads. If not you will have to tap all the threads... Ask me how i know. Lol

Where can I get such bolts? And lol damn sorry to hear that :p

Havoc40

Fastenal, McMaster-Carr, Grainger, or any major hardware store will have them. They're 3/8-16 NC threads. I don't remember the flange thickness on the wheel side though, you'll have to measure that to figure out how long of a bolt to use. An inch would probably do just fine.

Last edited:

Havoc40

Are you coating them yourself? Dont they make little silicone plugs for just this reason?

They do make high temp plugs, and most shops will have them for just this purpose. Just depends on if they want to prep and spray all 4 or 5 wheels at once as most shops won't have that many plugs available. Otherwise it's cheaper to just buy bolts. Most of those high temp plugs are pretty damn expensive.

Edit: Quick google search came up with these. 500 pack @ .98 each. Ouch!
http://us.essentracomponents.com/sh...egory=&parent_category_rn=20552&storeId=10152

Last edited:

Krystianjk

I would powder coat the rim but paint the ring. If you do any rock crawling they are just going to get searched to hell and all of the money you put into it will be wasted. Just paint as its easier to touch up down the road

Is that what you did with your beadlocks cozdude?

Krystianjk

Fastenal, McMaster-Carr, Grainger, or any major hardware store will have them. They're 3/8-16 NC threads. I don't remember the flange thickness on the wheel side though, you'll have to measure that to figure out how long of a bolt to use. An inch would probably do just fine.

Thanks I'll be picking those up too

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Is that what you did with your beadlocks cozdude?

Mine came pre coated for the rims but I did end up painting my rings myself.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446587282.755574.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446587302.096431.jpg .

And as you can see here I need to touch them up but I'm running out of time with winter on the door step
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446587447.379374.jpg .

303DAILY

So this is a little off topic but on beadlocks who is running TPMS sensors or do most people use the standard valve stems????

So this is a little off topic but on beadlocks who is running TPMS sensors or do most people use the standard valve stems????

I will be using them. I went to the dealer and picked up 5 sensors for my new wheels. (Total rip off)

I'm not into the whole tpms thing but if it wasn't for it my wife I'm sure would drive on the rim if she picks up a nail. At least it will give her a heads up if it's leaking. Just need to program the EVIC to a lower psi than the factory 43.

I still think they are a waste.

Heholua

I am running the TPMS with my Chamber Pro lls. They were a PIA to get from one wheel to the other. I agree with Highwaytrout, if I was the only driver I would run them without.

Top Bottom