08' dash warning lights.

Jitsujeeper

This morning after backing out of my driveway this happened. It happened as soon as I started driving. I was going maybe 25mph. Suggestions?

20151104_072036.jpg

Sorry about the sideways picture. That's how it uploaded. ..

WJCO

Meme King
Could be lots of things. First, check tire pressure. Also check for heavy mud build up around axle ends near wheels. Look for visibly cut/torn ABS wires by the wheels.

Second, go down to Oreillys or another auto parts store that can read ABS codes (for free). Find out what the codes are and report back. They'll probably try to sell you four different parts for each one of those lights. I would hold off until it's actually diagnosed properly.

JWT

All the lights came on at once? Any degradation in braking performance? Make sure your brakes work before you drive it more. If the red BRAKE light is on that's a possible safety issue.

If brakes seem fine after multiple stops, it's electrical, and assuming all of these lights came on at once, it's probably a sensor. Code reader will pick it up, but it's probably ABS sensor

Jitsujeeper

All came on at once. It was fine when I parked it yesterday. Brakes are good. Drive 26miles this morning. Drove perfectly fine. My initial guess was wheel speed sensor or clock spring. Leaning towards wheel speed. I'll have it scanned later this evening. I was just wondering of any of you have already seen this and knew off the top of your heads..

WJCO

Meme King
All came on at once. It was fine when I parked it yesterday. Brakes are good. Drive 26miles this morning. Drove perfectly fine. My initial guess was wheel speed sensor or clock spring. Leaning towards wheel speed. I'll have it scanned later this evening. I was just wondering of any of you have already seen this and knew off the top of your heads..

Many of us have seen or had those symptoms, but it could go in a couple directions. Could be either clockspring or wheel speed sensor maybe. Start with the visual though, make sure wires look good and are tight, then get codes. Check your brake fluid level too, but HIGHLY unlikely that would turn on all of those lights.

Jitsujeeper

Thanks. Last time the wheels were off was in August when I rotated them. I'll do it again th is afternoon and take a look. Then I'll go get it scanned.

Devallee

When just the three yellow ones come on it's usually signs of a wheel speed sensor. Super cheap and easy to swap out especially if it's the rear, I had to replace mine around 60k. I'd suggest replacing all of em anyways they're not expensive and is a good insurance as they're known to go out eventually. When the brake one comes on with it it's probably the clock spring but like mentioned above, a code reader could help specify exactly what's wrong and is a good tool to have for your jeep anyways

Top Bottom