2015 SEMA - MOBY : The Original WAYALIFE Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to imagine that it was 8 years ago that Moby first came to SEMA. Back then, the 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler had just been released and there was little to nothing available for it in terms of aftermarket products and when he showed up sitting on a Full-Traction 4" lift and 37x13.50 Toyo MT's mounted on Walker Evans bead lock wheels and wearing PUREJEEP bumpers and rocker guards, he quickly took a front and center stage out in a field of nicely modified vehicles. Below are a few shots of what he looked like back then.

Moby at SEMA 2007
See More Pics Here - http://project-jk.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=44567

main.php

main.php

main.php

In 2008, Moby returned to SEMA only this time, sitting on top of a TeraFlex 4" lift and 37x13.50 Toyos still mounted on Walker Evans bead lock wheels and wearing an LoD front stinger bumper, full width rear bumper and rocker guards. Here are a few shots of what he looked like for the show.

Moby at SEMA 2008
See More Pics Here - http://project-jk.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=96389

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

By 2009, Moby had grown to new heights and was now sitting on a 14" Gen 1 EVO Coil Overs/EVO Lever system, Full-Traction Long Arms, Dynatrac ProRock 60 front and rear and running 40x15.50 Toyo MT's mounted on 20" Spyderloc bead lock wheels. He was also wearing a new Gen 2 LoD front and rear shorty bumpers.

Moby at SEMA 2009
See More Pics Here - http://project-jk.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=155233

main.php

main.php

main.php

By the time 2010 rolled around, we decided that Moby was a bit too old to keep on bringing him back to SEMA but by 2011, Superchips asked if we could bring him to the show one more time and for it, he was almost at his prime sitting on top of a 14" Gen 1 EVO Coil Overs/EVO Lever system, EVO long arms with ENVY Links, Dynatrac ProRock 60 front axle, full float ProRock 60 rear axle and running 40x15.50 Toyo MT's mounted on 20" ATX Slabs. He was also wearing an EVO Quarter Pounder front stinger bumper, EVO rear corner armor and tire carrier, EVO rocker skins and rocker guards for the win! Here are some pics of what he looked like back then.

Moby at SEMA 2011
See More Pics Here - http://project-jk.com/wpg2?g2_itemId=263745

main.php

main.php

main.php

Of course, on the eve of the Jeep JK Wrangler model coming to an end, I have to say that it was a real surprise to find out that Moby was wanted at SEMA one more time. Certainly, he has seen better days and 8 years of hard use and abuse has left him looking a bit weathered. Far from the shiny new Jeep that he once was back in 2007, he is more of a testament of the products that have really worked well over the years and maybe, that's a good a reason as any to have him here today. Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to present for the 5th time at SEMA - Moby Dick, the official and original WAYALIFE Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited!

For 2015, Moby was invited by Off Road Evolution to be a part of the Dyantrac Baja 1000 Experience display and as you will see below, he is now running an EVO DTD/EVO Lever coil over system with EVO ENVY Link long arms, a Motech 6.2L L94 V8 engine, 6L80 automatic transmission, and Atlas 2-speed transfer case. Of course, he's also now running a full-float Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle to keep up with the new found horse power but still has his old ProRock 60 front axle. While he had been running 40x15.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers and even a set of 40x13.50 Trail Grapplers for time, he is now back on a set of 40x13.50 Toyo MT's mounted on ATX Chamber Pro II's. As far as bumpers and armor goes, he is still wearing EVO Quarter Pounder front stinger bumper, EVO rear corner armor and tire carrier and EVO rocker skins and rocker guards. Here are some shots of him at the show, I hope you enjoy :cool:

Moby at SEMA 2015

These first few shots were taken right after setting Moby up the day before the show.
main.php

main.php

main.php

Here's Moby sitting next to a brand new Lamborghini just for comparison sake ;)
main.php

These are shots of Moby that we took of the whole Dynatrac display on the first day of the 2015 SEMA Show.
main.php

Here are some overall shots of Moby to give you a better idea of what all we have on him now and to see just how beat up he really is.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Moby is the baddest MoFo on the block and he's not beat up at all. The battle scars are just patina.:yup:

philbrattin

GREAT PICS of Moby!

Do you even wheel, bro?

Great pics Eddie! Interesting to see how Moby has evolved over the years. Great lookin Jeep and still looks good after all the trips...

Appreciate all the pics from SEMA. Some Jeeps are too much (SEMA, I know) and some are more functional looking.

Enjoy the rest of the week at SEMA and would like to make it one year.:thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
Funny the contrast between a legit Jeep like Moby and the posers put out by the likes of Starwood.
Awesome that he was at the premier axle manufacturer's display showing off!

jeeeep

Hooked
those are signs of a whole lot of fun! :thumb:

I wish mine had as many.. I need to increase my fun factor mods :yup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So I see a pattern... any time you put Toyos on Moby, he appears at SEMA. :D

Best looking rig by far. The scars give him character.

jedg

Hell yeah!!!! :rock: That's what I like. A rig that's got some scars to prove it's doing what it's built for!

Love the timeline pictures. That's supper cool!

plext0r

Being a fairly new member of the forum, I appreciate the history lesson with pictures. Moby is one awesome JKU! :thumb:

Top Bottom