Need your suggestions

SCgator

So I took my '13 JKU in for the following warranty work.

- oil leak
- popping out of 4 lo
- knock in suspension
- traction control light on

In full disclosure this was all my fault due to off-roading.

Where I need help is they told me that my front axle is not the stock axle and therefore they can't address popping out of 4 low without knowing what it's geared at. They want to pull diff covers to try and figure out gearing and said the price will start at $330. They think it might be a rubicon axle. If it is they think warranty will cover of not I'm on my own.

I bought the Jeep just how it sits. I know it has Rubicon springs and Blistein shocks but thought it was stock axle. Guess that shows just how noob I am.

Should I suck it up and pay to have them figure it out or go back to the dealer I bought it from and fight with them about telling me it was still under full warranty.

albertmald9

So I took my '13 JKU in for the following warranty work.

- oil leak
- popping out of 4 lo
- knock in suspension
- traction control light on

In full disclosure this was all my fault due to off-roading.

Where I need help is they told me that my front axle is not the stock axle and therefore they can't address popping out of 4 low without knowing what it's geared at. They want to pull diff covers to try and figure out gearing and said the price will start at $330. They think it might be a rubicon axle. If it is they think warranty will cover of not I'm on my own.

I bought the Jeep just how it sits. I know it has Rubicon springs and Blistein shocks but thought it was stock axle. Guess that shows just how noob I am.

Should I suck it up and pay to have them figure it out or go back to the dealer I bought it from and fight with them about telling me it was still under full warranty.

My advice would be to take it to the dealer you bought it from. If it is a reputable dealership and not some shady used car lot, they will probably take care of you or at least try to find out themselves what you're running up front.

Pyro1415

Stock mopar axles have their own vin numbers all over the place. I'd check for that first. If it is a stock axle they should cover the $330 afterwards right? Any way you could post a pic?

Pyro1415

My advice would be to take it to the dealer you bought it from. If it is a reputable dealership and not some shady used car lot, they will probably take care of you or at least try to find out themselves what you're running up front.

Actually yeah what he said. Most places have to cover a vehicle for a year or so. Remember it's never been off-road.

SCgator

Thanks for the replies. I will pick up from dealership tomorrow and call dealership where I bought it from. I will post pictures.

The dealership said there are no markings on the axle.

Top Bottom