2015 SEMA 3D Line-X Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I have to admit that I'm no fan of Line-X or any other bedliner sprayed on the body of a Jeep as I think for the most part, it just looks and feels nasty. That being said, I have to say that this Jeep JK Wrangler that Line-X brought out to the 2015 SEMA show complete with their "3D" technique featuring tire tracks that you can feel was pretty amazing. Here are some shots of what the Jeep looked like.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That's actually a very good looking rig. I have to say though, after my experience with bedliner in the tub of my CJ7, I couldn't imagine running bedliner on the outside. That would be horrible IMO.

OhNoTheJiggies

That's actually a very good looking rig. I have to say though, after my experience with bedliner in the tub of my CJ7, I couldn't imagine running bedliner on the outside. That would be horrible IMO.

Why is that?

I like the imprint, it's pretty legit. But I'll stick to just doing the tub in mine.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Why is that?

I like the imprint, it's pretty legit. But I'll stick to just doing the tub in mine.

I thought it would be great, but IMO it was not worth it. It was grippy until it got wet, then it got fairly slick. Of course, being that I used it in the tub/floor, it got dirt and mud on it a lot. It is not easy to clean at all, partly due to the texturing. Eventually, even scrubbing it with a brush couldn't get it clean and it just looked like crap from then on out. I'm the type of guy who will wheel, scratch, dent, whatever my rig, but when I get home, its getting cleaned. I want my rig to look nice and stay in good condition for a long time. This prevented me from ever getting my CJ looking decent because it looked like crap once I couldn't get it clean anymore. Not to mention, I run with the top and doors off a lot and it faded unevenly. It would eventually become a dull grey color where the sun hit it all the time. That's, and no insulation properties whatsoever, so if you have any hot spots on the floor you will feel them. I just didn't have a good experience with it at all. And I did it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke lol!

I run the Bedrug BedTred now and am very happy with that as an alternative. Its not cheap, but worth it in my opinion. Textured similar to bedliner and easy to clean, you still have some traction when its wet, and it offers good sound deadening and insulation properties. It has some of that padding stuff built into it underneath where its needed. Plus, no fading as of now anyways. I got tired of constantly having to take my carpet out and air dry it because it was soaked all the time.

Last edited:

OhNoTheJiggies

I thought it would be great, but IMO it was not worth it. It was grippy until it got wet, then it got fairly slick. Of course, being that I used it in the tub/floor, it got dirt and mud on it a lot. It is not easy to clean at all, partly due to the texturing. Eventually, even scrubbing it with a brush couldn't get it clean and it just looked like crap from then on out. I'm the type of guy who will wheel, scratch, dent, whatever my rig, but when I get home, its getting cleaned. I want my rig to look nice and stay in good condition for a long time. This prevented me from ever getting my CJ looking decent because it looked like crap once I couldn't get it clean anymore. Not to mention, I run with the top and doors off a lot and it faded unevenly. It would eventually become a dull grey color where the sun hit it all the time. That's, and no insulation properties whatsoever, so if you have any hot spots on the floor you will feel them. I just didn't have a good experience with it at all. And I did it twice to make sure it wasn't a fluke lol!

Awesome information. I was actually wondering about the insulation thing. But I think I might I'll skip it if at that price tag it doesn't insulate at all.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Awesome information. I was actually wondering about the insulation thing. But I think I might I'll skip it if at that price tag it doesn't insulate at all.

I edited my post above with what I am running now. I have heard some people say they are very happy with the bedliner. My experiences turned me off from it. Not trying to talk you out of anything at all, just didn't work for me with as often as we wheel and have the interior exposed to the elements.

n3tfury

Yep, Artec flares. Looks a lot better on this rig then their own though. I dig that LineX job, that's pretty damn cool.

Top Bottom