From 35's to 37's

Torqt JK

So i'm in the preliminary stages of an upgrade from 35's to 37's and I want to do it right. Currently running the 4" EVO enforcer w/ king 2.5, front 1310 DS, Stock rear DS, D44's that are gusseted. The plan, as I see it, is regear to 5.13's, rear DS, and possibly axle shafts. What am I missing?

1. Can I run a 1350 in rear and keep 1310 in front? or do both have to be same
2. Do i need to make changes to suspension? (bump stops or anything else)
3. Are axle shafts necessary? I know it would be smart to go with a ProRock, but that shits expensive :doh:

I appreciate any input or opinions you guys have

Skid_Kid

When you bought the Enforcer, did you read what it was capable of for the configuration?

With use of 2.5” Diameter shocks, EVO-1113B EVO Front Shock relocation kit is recommended
* Please specify below if you would like the 35” tire or 37” tire clearance package.
* Cutting and grinding is required to complete the installation of the rear roll center correction trackbar bracket.
* Wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with are required for a complete installation
* Aftermarket CV drivelines are recommended

Torqt JK

When you bought the Enforcer, did you read what it was capable of for the configuration?

With use of 2.5” Diameter shocks, EVO-1113B EVO Front Shock relocation kit is recommended
* Please specify below if you would like the 35” tire or 37” tire clearance package.
* Cutting and grinding is required to complete the installation of the rear roll center correction trackbar bracket.
* Wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with are required for a complete installation
* Aftermarket CV drivelines are recommended

Ha, Of course I've read that. This is kinda my question. Since I had it configured for 35's, what do i need to do now in order to run 37's?

Skid_Kid

Ha, Of course I've read that. This is kinda my question. Since I had it configured for 35's, what do i need to do now in order to run 37's?

Since you are already running the 4" plush rides, no change there. What bump stops do you have?

Skid_Kid

The one that came in the 4" kit from evo.

Well I suggest to find out what you bought before going and buying other parts. You might need bump stops. Would not hurt to upgrade your driveshafts if you are going to wheel a lot.

Torqt JK

Well I suggest to find out what you bought before going and buying other parts. You might need bump stops. Would not hurt to upgrade your driveshafts if you are going to wheel a lot.

Just measured bumpstops and looks like 2" in front, 3" rear. Think those have to be swapped out in order to run 37"

JAGS

Hooked
What skid kid said. Especially the relocation brackets up front with the 2.5s.

The 1310 will be fine till its not. Then consider a 1350 front. You can get by with a stock rear. I'm on my second stock rear in about 18 months.

I'm guessing you have extended brake lines and all the other goodies that came with the kit? How long ago did you get it?

With 37s you may also find issues with clearance. So my question on that is how trimmed are you pinch seams and what BS are your current wheels?

Something else to consider is tire carrier for a 37. You want something serious here as that's a lot of weight. Especially if you plan to wheel. I've seen you sign up for several runs so pretty sure this is for show AND go.

Might be missing something,but that's a good start.

JAGS

Hooked
Just measured bumpstops and looks like 2" in front, 3" rear. Think those have to be swapped out in order to run 37"

Yup, you need to get the ones for 37s and 4". Give drew a call and he'll hook you up. [emoji106]

Torqt JK

What skid kid said. Especially the relocation brackets up front with the 2.5s.

The 1310 will be fine till its not. Then consider a 1350 front. You can get by with a stock rear. I'm on my second stock rear in about 18 months.

I'm guessing you have extended brake lines and all the other goodies that came with the kit? How long ago did you get it?

With 37s you may also find issues with clearance. So my question on that is how trimmed are you pinch seams and what BS are your current wheels?

Something else to consider is tire carrier for a 37. You want something serious here as that's a lot of weight. Especially if you plan to wheel. I've seen you sign up for several runs so pretty sure this is for show AND go.

Might be missing something,but that's a good start.

Im running the 2.5 shocks now, is there a different relocation bracket needed for 37"?

I have the extended break lines, Kit was installed probably little over two years ago.

I still need to trim the pinch seams. My wheel BS im cant remember, but i have no rubbing in my current setup, no spacers needed.

LoD bumper tire carrier, so im good there

Skid_Kid

Im running the 2.5 shocks now, is there a different relocation bracket needed for 37"?

I have the extended break lines, Kit was installed probably little over two years ago.

I still need to trim the pinch seams. My wheel BS im cant remember, but i have no rubbing in my current setup, no spacers needed.

Why do you need to trim the pinch seams? Where did you buy your lift?

Torqt JK

Bought and instaled at offroad evolution. 2012 pinch seams stick out farther than the newer models. I would need to trim to run 37', i barely clear now with 35"

dwvninety

Per Eddie:

Q: What size lift do I need to get in order to fit 35" Tires?
A: You can practically run 35" tires stock but, you will need to run flat fenders or trim your factory set down. You will also need to trim your pinch seams to prevent them from digging into your rear tires when articulating. I personally would recommend a minimum of a 2.5" budget boost with a 1" body lift to do this with stock fenders but, a 3" lift would be a better way to go.

Skid_Kid

Per Eddie:

Q: What size lift do I need to get in order to fit 35" Tires?
A: You can practically run 35" tires stock but, you will need to run flat fenders or trim your factory set down. You will also need to trim your pinch seams to prevent them from digging into your rear tires when articulating. I personally would recommend a minimum of a 2.5" budget boost with a 1" body lift to do this with stock fenders but, a 3" lift would be a better way to go.

Good job! You quoted Eddie for running 35's from taking it off the dealer lot. Your a friggin winner!

JAGS

Hooked

Two years ago = no relation bracket. Not a must, but sooner is better than later. It's $70 add on and extends life of shock.

You'll want to confirm BS or just get wheel spacers to be safe. If you are running beadlocks, you'll be fine.

LoD is a quality set up, so should be fine there.

Gears at 5:13 will be appreciated with the 37s. ORE has the best price on that. And I've been nothing but thrilled with the service and work done there.

If you are running a Rubi, you will be fine on axle shafts, again until your not. Im still running stock fronts for now (56k and about 30k of that on 37s) had to replace rear shafts (after about 50k, 25k on the 37s). I've put 30k on the jeep since about a year and half since the lift and 37s. Lots of road miles and quite a few moderate/heavy wheeling trips. Just to give you an idea.

Since you've already the enforcer a couple years, might not be a bad time to have the shocks serviced and see if ORE recommends anything else from a maintenance standpoint.

Top Bottom