Amp Research PowerStep vs RSE Step Slider

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Looking into options for when my Girlfriend gets her New DD 4 door. It will be daily driven and she really needs a step especially with the baby. I was looking into the Amp research power step and was just planning on switching back and forth between that and bolt on slider for when we wheel which will unfortunately not be as much as id like. Then i stumbled upon the Rock Slide engineering Step slider which is pricey but conveniently both in one. Curious as to is anyone has either of these and how they feel about them. Thanks Guys.

Will be going on a JKU with a 3" enforcer and 35s

jeeeep

Hooked
there's also the Bestop Powerboard

they both look like they do a good job and can handle a good amount of weight but I don't know about their durability wheeling.

I did see the RSE fail when it took a few hits at Moab EJS last year, it was tweaked and quit working.

haven't seen the Bestop on the trails so no idea how they would hold up.

As a DD step that's not always out IMO either would work well.

thardy

Banned
Looking into options for when my Girlfriend gets her New DD 4 door. It will be daily driven and she really needs a step especially with the baby. I was looking into the Amp research power step and was just planning on switching back and forth between that and bolt on slider for when we wheel which will unfortunately not be as much as id like. Then i stumbled upon the Rock Slide engineering Step slider which is pricey but conveniently both in one. Curious as to is anyone has either of these and how they feel about them. Thanks Guys.

Will be going on a JKU with a 3" enforcer and 35s

Why not go the route of an LOD slider? Or I've seen people make or have made removable steps that hang from the sliders.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I use a folding small step stool for when someone needs a little extra help getting in, like my mom lol.

Lod is a great slider/step option however.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
there's also the Bestop Powerboard

they both look like they do a good job and can handle a good amount of weight but I don't know about their durability wheeling.

I did see the RSE fail when it took a few hits at Moab EJS last year, it was tweaked and quit working.

haven't seen the Bestop on the trails so no idea how they would hold up.

As a DD step that's not always out IMO either would work well.

Thanks! I would like something like the RSE but do eventually plan to take a summer trip to moab or the Rubicon wothin the next few years.

Why not go the route of an LOD slider? Or I've seen people make or have made removable steps that hang from the sliders.

Thanks ill have to look into them! I just liked the idea of the powerstep. I was also think horse stirrups that went on like a belt lol just wrao them around the sliders.

I use a folding small step stool for when someone needs a little extra help getting in, like my mom lol.

Lod is a great slider/step option however.

Yeah I'm going to look into LOD. Ive done the stool, just figured she'd get annoyed doing that everyday lmao

kpig

I have the RSE Step Sliders. New, they were awesome. As time wore on, the motors began to slow down noticeable. Now the driver side step will not close all the way on the first attempt. I now have to reopen and shut the door to get them to close. Time for a new motor. This is after 2 years, but not daily use. They have taken several hard hits, hard enough to push in the sheetmetal that it was designed to protect. The steps still work, though. I still like the steps so my very short wife can get in and out easily.

Top Bottom