Long arms

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Which is better teraflex long arm kit for a 2door or full traction long arm kit ?

I guess it really depends on whether you want a weld in kit or a bolt on kit. If you don't have the means to weld, I would go with the FT kit. I've run it before and it really is nice - super beefy, comes with heavy duty FK rod ends and clevite bushing for ease of maintenance and is made in the USA. The TF kit has a better clearance at the cross member and slightly better clearance at the rear brackets but, they've had issues with tearing there. There is an upgrade to help mitigate that but, you need to make sure you get it. The TF kit also comes with clevite bushings at the frame but, their spherical joints are just okay. I personally have had a lot of problems with them blowing out and have known plenty of other people to have the same problem (long and short arm). It is the reason why I carry a rebuild kit in my recovery bag. Not saying that all their joints will blow but, they definitely have some QC issues and there have been enough cases that I think it should be noted. Now, if you were to run coil overs, I would say that neither of these kits are what you'd want. With coil overs, you would simply have too much flex and that will blow out your clevite bushings. Need I say, it is the reason why I upgraded to an EVO long arm setup - they have Johnny Joints on both ends and can take the extreme flex. Also, there is no other kit out there that provides the high clearance that the EVO brackets offer. Sure, it is a more expensive kit but, well worth it if you plan on running coil overs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow lol ... So with all that said I'm gettin that evo has the best if you wanna weld it in.

Well, they do make the best coil over kits and have designed their long arm kits to match. Coil overs aren't for everyone and, if they aren't for you, the other kits you're looking will get the job done. I should also point out that a lot of people who do own an FT or TF kit and now run coil overs have just replaced the joints with higher end joints like FK rod ends or Johnny Joints.

Jersey_Devil

I guess it really depends on whether you want a weld in kit or a bolt on kit. If you don't have the means to weld, I would go with the FT kit. I've run it before and it really is nice - super beefy, comes with heavy duty FK rod ends and clevite bushing for ease of maintenance and is made in the USA. The TF kit has a better clearance at the cross member and slightly better clearance at the rear brackets but, they've had issues with tearing there. There is an upgrade to help mitigate that but, you need to make sure you get it. The TF kit also comes with clevite bushings at the frame but, their spherical joints are just okay. I personally have had a lot of problems with them blowing out and have known plenty of other people to have the same problem (long and short arm). It is the reason why I carry a rebuild kit in my recovery bag. Not saying that all their joints will blow but, they definitely have some QC issues and there have been enough cases that I think it should be noted. Now, if you were to run coil overs, I would say that neither of these kits are what you'd want. With coil overs, you would simply have too much flex and that will blow out your clevite bushings. Need I say, it is the reason why I upgraded to an EVO long arm setup - they have Johnny Joints on both ends and can take the extreme flex. Also, there is no other kit out there that provides the high clearance that the EVO brackets offer. Sure, it is a more expensive kit but, well worth it if you plan on running coil overs.

Well, they do make the best coil over kits and have designed their long arm kits to match. Coil overs aren't for everyone and, if they aren't for you, the other kits you're looking will get the job done. I should also point out that a lot of people who do own an FT or TF kit and now run coil overs have just replaced the joints with higher end joints like FK rod ends or Johnny Joints.

Not trying to hi-jack ur thread but I got a question now after reading......

I was planing on getting this evo upgrade kit http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-LONGARM-UPGRADE do i HAVE to run coilovers with this?

Top Bottom