2015 SEMA JKS Jeep JK Wrangler & Flex Connect

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had a few people ask me to make a stop over at JKS to see their Jeep JK Wrangler and if at all possible, to get a better look at their Flex Connect. While it wasn't new, the 2015 SEMA Show was the first time I got to see it up close and here are some shots of both the Jeep and the Flex Connect.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Under the hood
main.php

And here's the Flex connect shown in a cut away so that you can see the different spring rates you can install in them
main.php

main.php

What's your opinion on those flex connects? Worth the buy? Or is it worth getting your hands dirty and disconnect like normal?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
While I am a big fan of JKS and run a more than a few of their parts on my rig (suspension, quicker disconnects, brake like extensions, etc), I am struggling to see what problem the flex connect system solves. Is this something that you put your preferred spring in and leave connected to get more flex or a better ride? Id be curious what problem these are targeting. They could be genius for all I know, I'm just failing to understand the concept I guess. I know we have discussed it some in another thread, just curious what JKS point of view is.
I do have a question about their new adjustable front lower control arms. Are those on vehicle adjustable?

While I am a big fan of JKS and run a more than a few of their parts on my rig (suspension, quicker disconnects, brake like extensions, etc), I am struggling to see what problem the flex connect system solves. Is this something that you put your preferred spring in and leave connected to get more flex or a better ride? Id be curious what problem these are targeting. They could be genius for all I know, I'm just failing to understand the concept I guess. I know we have discussed it some in another thread, just curious what JKS point of view is.
I do have a question about their new adjustable front lower control arms. Are those on vehicle adjustable?

I think the point of the flex connects is to save time from going down and disconnecting every time and having to reconnect on flat ground. That's what I'm assuming

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't like these that much because they don't seem to offer much benefit. If you have the road springs in and you want to crawl then you have to disconnect the whole system, break the system apart, swap the springs, put it back together, then reconnect it. It just seems like a lot of work to me. If I didn't have my Rubi swaybar with the no limits installed I would have just kept the normal jks quick discos as it would be ten times quicker.

JKbrick

Thanks for the close up of the rear axle. I have the track bar brace welded on and bought the bracket to raise it, good to see those fit together and they even worked in the lower spring perches too.

Top Bottom