Suspension lifts

Miles4k

okay so I've decided on a 3in. Suspension lift, but I don't know what brand really, I've heard Terra Flex make a decent one but I was wondering what kind you guys recommend?

Grubbicon

Your gonna hear a lot of people say get the 3" enforcer lift. I haven't personally ran one, but my brother runs the coils that come with this kit. I have to say its the best riding coil Ive ever felt. There is also a good bit that like to pair these up with Rancho shocks and I'm sure some will chime in.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
While we're on the subject, I have a question about the 3" plush ride coils. How much lift do they get on a 2 door? Also, do you absolutely have to swap out the f/r driveshafts due to the lift height?

jkwebbie

While we're on the subject, I have a question about the 3" plush ride coils. How much lift do they get on a 2 door? Also, do you absolutely have to swap out the f/r driveshafts due to the lift height?

I have the 3" coils on mine, I got just over 4" of lift and I'm still running stock driveshafts. Haven't had a problem with it, just the front one had a torn boot, but still works fine.

Pyro1415

okay so I've decided on a 3in. Suspension lift, but I don't know what brand really, I've heard Terra Flex make a decent one but I was wondering what kind you guys recommend?

I have the TF and it's ok, pretty firm which I liked it gave a sporty feel. My 2.5" netted 4" in the front and like 2 plus in the back, the heavy front bumper only lowered it by 1mm. I'm looking to switch to evo or rk though.

Speeddmn

You don't have to swap them out. What happens is this, you go off road, the suspension articulates and the front droops down, the drive shaft goes with it, the boot hit the exhaust, melts, tears etc. Then the "grease" inside it flings everywhere and now your driveshaft wont cycle and breaks. (this is what I think happens, my jeep only has a small budget boost so I haven't replaced the driveshaft's yet)

But you can get spacers for the exhaust for way less then a new driveshaft.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
You don't have to swap them out. What happens is this, you go off road, the suspension articulates and the front droops down, the drive shaft goes with it, the boot hit the exhaust, melts, tears etc. Then the "grease" inside it flings everywhere and now your driveshaft wont cycle and breaks. (this is what I think happens, my jeep only has a small budget boost so I haven't replaced the driveshaft's yet)

But you can get spacers for the exhaust for way less then a new driveshaft.

I thought the exhaust issue was only with the 3.6 jk's? I have a 3.8.

BitBucket

EVO Enforcer 4" lift and I opted for the Kings. Did the Rubicon and the setup worked great. I have a JE Reel front driveshaft also.

Top Bottom