Suspension?

daverawr

So I have a 2011 JKUR on stock rubicon suspension with a RC 2.5 budget boost and 35" BFG tires. at this point. But when driving I can feel the shocks and etc starting to be worn, (houston roads sometimes seem like you're offroading) so within the next year hopefully by end of Summer 2016 i would like to have upgraded to a new suspension.
I have a few questions though.

I was looking into a few options, being the Evo Enforcer 3" or 4" kit lift. OME ( ARB ) 3" lift or MC ARB Edition Game Changer 3.5" or True Dual Rate

My main questions is

I use my car for daily driving and for off roading rock crawling / mudding / (eddies favorite category ) overlanding haha jk. but for camping etc with the dogs and etc. Just pretty much the weekend warrior. but i do plan and running 37" in the future when I get everything else upgraded in order to run it they way i want first. So which lift will be better for daily driving and for being able to run 37" tires in the future.?

Which lift will last me longer, im looking to do it right and do it once, not something i need to worry about after a few years. ?

Is the King Shocks with remote reservoir worth the extra $ or is it not really needed. ?

and how many inches will get me enough lift but not excessively too much to run the 37"s but also nice to run 35"s untill i do feel the need to run 37"s ? I know the JKUR need more lift in order to run bigger tires so im guessing 4" lift but i wish the Enforcer came in a 3.5" cause i feel that will be the sweet spot to run the 37"s

What is the difference in the 35" and 37" tire clearance package for the Enforcers.

Also I know the Enforcer is apx same price as the Game Changer when paired with the non reservoir King Shocks. that is also the thing which would be good for price point as well? What lift would you reccomend if something else than what ive looked at in order for what i want. Within a reasonable price. If price wasnt a problem i would already be on the evo Double D Pro or DTD kit.

Skid_Kid

If you want a ride that on the road you don't feel every pebble then go with the enforcer. You don't need the reservoir shocks at all. I know people that are running the kit with Rancho's and love how it handles. If you want to run 37's at some point then I would get the 4in kit with the 37 clearance package from the get go, that way there will be minimal things to do when going up in tire size. Hope this helps.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
3" evo plush and 37" tires here. Bilstein shocks. I love it, until I finally get coil overs

Attachments

• 1446842028079.jpg
    1446842028079.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 250

jkwebbie

EVO 3" lift with Clayton control arms instead of EVO and 37s.

Attachments

• 1446845672222.jpg
    1446845672222.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 1446845699509.jpg
    1446845699509.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 238

daverawr

If you want a ride that on the road you don't feel every pebble then go with the enforcer. You don't need the reservoir shocks at all. I know people that are running the kit with Rancho's and love how it handles. If you want to run 37's at some point then I would get the 4in kit with the 37 clearance package from the get go, that way there will be minimal things to do when going up in tire size. Hope this helps.

What is the main benefits of the reservoir that makes it extra $600? And what is the difference of the 35 and 37 clearance parts wise I guess ? Cause it's same amount of lift at 4" right? And will I get more flex etc from the enforcer and it is a good all around lift for everything right ? Cause I'm not doing anything like JKX but I do want to wheel a bit hard when I go.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
What is the main benefits of the reservoir that makes it extra $600? And what is the difference of the 35 and 37 clearance parts wise I guess ? Cause it's same amount of lift at 4" right? And will I get more flex etc from the enforcer and it is a good all around lift for everything right ? Cause I'm not doing anything like JKX but I do want to wheel a bit hard when I go.

The difference with the Enforcer lifts for 35 or 37 clearance is the bumpstops. Otherwise, they are the same kit. I think it's important for you to know that you will likely see a difference in advertised height to actual height. From what I have been told, the 3" enforcer runs very close to 3" of actual lift on a JKU. Others may vary. My JKS 2" lift wielded 3.25" of lift, and has since settled to exactly 3" of actual lift. This could make a big difference in what you may be satisfied with.

mdrums

The resv shocks do not over heat....so,if,you are running fast on very bumpy off road situations like fire roads so such then resv shock will be of benefit.

The difference with the Enforcer lifts for 35 or 37 clearance is the bumpstops. Otherwise, they are the same kit. I think it's important for you to know that you will likely see a difference in advertised height to actual height. From what I have been told, the 3" enforcer runs very close to 3" of actual lift on a JKU. Others may vary. My JKS 2" lift wielded 3.25" of lift, and has since settled to exactly 3" of actual lift. This could make a big difference in what you may be satisfied with.
The 3"enforcer does indeed run right at about 3" of lift (for a jku). The coils ride amazing, probably the softest out there. Im running mine with rancho 9k's and love it.

NAUJK

The EVO 3" is great! I love mine! Very smooth comfy ride, I dont feel washboard roads at all in mine just cruises on dirt roads no problem! I am a 2 door though so mine have given me a little more than 3" im sitting closer to 3.5-4ish. Which I am sure once I get the evo carrier and putmy new 37" spare on it will weigh it down a bit and bring me closer to the true 3". Ill be running this lift till I can afford Coilovers. You will not be disappointed with the EVO Enforcer. You will definitely get your moneys worth from it if you wheel and drive your rig a lot. :beer: :twocents:

20151106_101014.jpg

20151106_144804.jpg

20151106_153527.jpg

Heavyhaul07

Imo if you are going to be doing some overlanding and be traveling with some weight and the coils are a softer ride I'd would go with the reservoir shocks especially if your going to be traveling at a little bit of speed. The shocks won't fade due to heat. The more weight that you would be traveling with will cause a non res shock to fade. I like to run dirts roads at a high rate of speed. Good shocks are a great investment for on and off road

Last edited:

daverawr

Well. Looks like I'll start saving and preparing for the Res and do the 4" as well. Rather do it right the first time and not worry as much down the road. And I did some more research and the res shocks seem to have a longer life period so I think I'll be more comfortable down the road then having to replace shocks over time.

daverawr

Awesome Dave! Now go sell a kidney and go do it all before February or at least April!

Haha [emoji23] I'm still waiting on my Evo sliders to come in from Trail Jeeps. They were on back order or something due to the sale they had so waiting on those then need to get them welded and get my CB and air source for re inflating tires first. Then I'll get onto the suspension. Hopefully I'll be able to get the suspension by summer time

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Haha [emoji23] I'm still waiting on my Evo sliders to come in from Trail Jeeps. They were on back order or something due to the sale they had so waiting on those then need to get them welded and get my CB and air source for re inflating tires first. Then I'll get onto the suspension. Hopefully I'll be able to get the suspension by summer time

Sounds like an awesome plan Dave! Just two things I think are worth mentioning:

1) 4" enforcer with the 2.5 kings are VERY close the the cost of the bolt on coilovers... for a few bucks more, why not just go straight there?

My logic regarding this was to run "regular" everyday shocks, to save the coin for if/when it's time to go to coilovers. Rather than investing all that money into 2.5 kings. The way I see it, if your going to eventually want coilovers, you will be pissed to have spent all the money on the reservoir shocks. But if you don't feel the need for coilovers, you can always upgrade to resivoir shocks with minimal investment lost (the cost of the standard shocks) which, Bilstein 5100s are about $85/shock IIRC. But get the kings! Then let me ride with you to check it out ;)

2) you CAN run 37s with the 35" tire bump stop package. You already trimmed your fenders, so don't sacrifice the additonal up travel just to have taller bumps when it's not necessary.

Last edited:

daverawr

Sounds like an awesome plan Dave! Just two things I think are worth mentioning:

1) 4" enforcer with the 2.5 kings are VERY close the the cost of the bolt on coilovers... for a few bucks more, why not just go straight there?

My logic regarding this was to run "regular" everyday shocks, to save the coin for if/when it's time to go to coilovers. Rather than investing all that money into 2.5 kings. The way I see it, if your going to eventually want coilovers, you will be pissed to have spent all the money on the reservoir shocks. But if you don't feel the need for coilovers, you can always upgrade to resivoir shocks with minimal investment lost (the cost of the standard shocks) which, Bilstein 5100s are about $85/shock IIRC. But get the kings! Then let me ride with you to check it out ;)

2) you CAN run 37s with the 35" tire bump stop package. You already trimmed your fenders, so don't sacrifice the additonal up travel just to have taller bumps when it's not necessary.

That is very true and that did open my mind up bit back to the regular 2.0 kings / bilstein 5100s because I do plan on going for the Coilovers eventually when it's time to go hard core and I have maxed out doing what I can do and I want to run JKX at some point so when it's time for that then I'll bite the bullet on the Coilovers. Cause before spending that much coin on suspension I want to do some upgrades else where. Need to re gear to 4.88 or 5.13 cause this 3.8L isn't cutting it and with the stock gearing it's painfully slow on hills and under powered as is already. So I after the enforcer but before going 37s I plan on getting that taken care of. Cause on 35s it's already killing me.

And for the bump stops your correct I just didn't know if I would run into any other problems with running the 35" bump stops while on 37s besides running the tire into the fender which I don't mind if it happens lol.

But it dose look like after you opening my eyes on that I'll be swayed twords the regular without res and feel free to come take a spin in it. Might need a hand installing it either way when the time comes.

WJCO

Meme King
That is very true and that did open my mind up bit back to the regular 2.0 kings / bilstein 5100s because I do plan on going for the Coilovers eventually when it's time to go hard core and I have maxed out doing what I can do and I want to run JKX at some point so when it's time for that then I'll bite the bullet on the Coilovers. Cause before spending that much coin on suspension I want to do some upgrades else where. Need to re gear to 4.88 or 5.13 cause this 3.8L isn't cutting it and with the stock gearing it's painfully slow on hills and under powered as is already. So I after the enforcer but before going 37s I plan on getting that taken care of. Cause on 35s it's already killing me.

And for the bump stops your correct I just didn't know if I would run into any other problems with running the 35" bump stops while on 37s besides running the tire into the fender which I don't mind if it happens lol.

But it dose look like after you opening my eyes on that I'll be swayed twords the regular without res and feel free to come take a spin in it. Might need a hand installing it either way when the time comes.

I just put on Bilstein 5100s in the front. I am blown away how smooth these are. On the road and on the trail. I should have gone with them a long time ago. Great shocks.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Yeah, I'm actually looking into a regear right now myself... wish ORE was closer! Haha I'm pretty sure I'm going to have "249 Drivetrain" do it. But I'm not 100% yet... still talking to people. Lol

Just let me know if you need a hand! happy to hang out and wrench on late night!

Top Bottom