Shot U-Joint?

Fuhaxian

IMG_0070.jpg
Not sure why the photo decided to flip itself but orientation: Hand is on Front Axle, top is the wheel/tire.

I've been noticing sounds coming from the right tire and decided to inspect the ujoints. I'm able to move my front axle up and down where my hand is. Worn u-joint or something worse? :grayno::grayno:
Should also note the movement is only coming from the u-joint and I'm able to slide the caps.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
View attachment 172639
Not sure why the photo decided to flip itself but orientation: Hand is on Front Axle, top is the wheel/tire.

I've been noticing sounds coming from the right tire and decided to inspect the ujoints. I'm able to move my front axle up and down where my hand is. Worn u-joint or something worse? :grayno::grayno:
Should also note the movement is only coming from the u-joint and I'm able to slide the caps.

Sure does look like a bad u joint to me. I had a u joint failure on a 6 month old rig and it was only on 33s at the time. They are not very sturdy at all. What kind of noises is it making? Mine was a clicking/ticking type noise that happened only when I was turning or hit a bump.

Fuhaxian

are the clips that hold the ujoint in place still in the yoke?

I was thinking this too, was too dark to actually check things out but they might not be. I replaced them literally last year so it could be human error on my part. I'll let you know when I get a chance

Fuhaxian

Sure does look like a bad u joint to me. I had a u joint failure on a 6 month old rig and it was only on 33s at the time. They are not very sturdy at all. What kind of noises is it making? Mine was a clicking/ticking type noise that happened only when I was turning or hit a bump.

It sounds like something is scraping something. Also think of something going up and down and imagine the sound. Also a lot of vibrations at the steering wheel. Everything points to this one area. Fortunately I replaced them last year so I already know exactly what I have to do to replace them again. Really fortunate it's a cheap part unlike the clock spring I just replaced

Top Bottom