Ruby, The mistress

j3rs3yd3vil

Hey everyone, I do believe it's about time I do my part and contribute to this plethora of jeep knowledge and share my never ending journey with Ruby. Please feel free to ask me to go into detail about anything, Im just going to do a slight overview to get caught up on where the build is today.

So we'll rewind for the time being, all the way back to May of 2011 when I picked up my 2008 JKU Rubicon in Red Rock Crystal.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446863587.625867.jpg

It was love at first sight. Initial plans were a mild lift and 35" tires at the most when my budget would allow for it and that would be the end of the modifications.

A year later I found myself with a 2.5" budget boost, jks adjustable trackbars and procomp 7069's wrapped in 35" mtr kevlars. I couldn't be happier!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446864248.198504.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446866079.688952.jpg

But let's just say It didn't stop there..... And I blame you guys for that! Lol.
Ruby ended up going through several phases over the years trying out different companies and components till I stuck with something that worked for me.

Fast forward to today
- 4.5" AEV progressive rate coils
- AEV snorkel with pre filter
- Metalclaok midarms
- Synergy tierod
- Synergy draglink
- Synergy ball joints
- Synergy sector shaft brace
- Artec front truss/C gussets/trackbar mount
- Reel 1310 front driveshaft
- G2 chromoly shafts front/rear
- Riddler diff covers
- Yukon 5.13 differential gears
- Poison Spyder front/rear BFH bumpers
- Warn Zeon 10
- Truck lite headlights
- Toyo MT 40x13.5x17
- Custom swaybar links
- Custom exhaust
- Mishimoto performance radiator
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446864691.975668.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446866398.429104.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446866633.137536.jpg

But like all jeep builds she is far from done, in the works currently are some long arms that I'm fabricating at the moment along with dabbling with the idea of ram assist.

I'm sure you guys will be seeing more of me else where on the forum contributing what I can and picking the jeep gurus brains for knowledge haha. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Happy jeeping!

j3rs3yd3vil

This past week my stock radiator ended up going out on me so I was in the market for a new one. A couple minutes searching the web and I was surprised to find he lack of aftermarket support for something as critical as a radiator for our jeeps, I was pretty much stuck between another stocker or a mishimoto all aluminum radiator........ Guess which one I went with? [emoji57]

4 days later this shiny little critter showed up at my door
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446869728.788163.jpg

3 beers, some blood shed and many profound words later the new radiator was in and Ruby was on her way. I'm very pleased with my purchase but I do have one grief so far, being that the mishimoto radiator is thicker than the stocker the air box is quite challenging to get opened/closed as the one clip contacts the mounting bolt that holds the fan and radiator in place. All in all I'm happy and the jeeps back on the road so I can hardly complain

j3rs3yd3vil

Great looking rig! I'm curious, did you swap axles or are you still running the stock axles?

Thanks! For now I am running the stock rubi 44s, the front is trussed and I have chromo shafts all around. I'm pretty lite on the skinny pedal but I have had couple of occasions where I've had it hung up smoking tires in the rocks and I have yet to blow anything so far..... As I jinx myself...... The front I'll probably keep as is but a rockjock 60 is in the works for the rear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom