Gojira

CreepinJeeper

KIMG0032.jpg KIMG0031.jpg KIMG0007.jpg KIMG0013.jpg

This is my girl, Gojira. She is truly Godzilla in the fact she can take a situation thought to be impossible and pull through it. I started when she was a wee little stock Wrangler. Though it is a Mountain Edition it was still in a sad state fun wise. I immedieatly went to work spending my sign on bonus to lift her up and put some good shoes on her. Little did I know owning a TJ and a CJ-7 had not prepared me for this. I thought 4" lift and 35's were going to be fine. Nope, not with a JK lol. I now realize after all the work I want to go Bigger and taller. I am shopping around for a 6" lift and some 37's. I dont want 40's so I will settle in between. I am looking for good lift recommendations so let me know what works and what i should stay away from. I am getting Bead locks soon so i can get away from aluminum rims. I am in the process of buying a bumper and winch as well as fenders. A recent run in with punting a deer on a blind corner has rushed that. I need to make her look pretty again. If you referance the first picture you can see the chunk of the passenger fender that is glued on and the bumper is in a sad state but I patched it up for the moment. Luckily it didnt roll up on the hood. The faceplate has since been mended and Rhino Lined. I plan on removing the spare from the tailgate and mounting internally. I dont like the spare hanging off the back anymore. A rock wanted to eat my TJs tailgate after snatching up the spare tire. I have also replaced the Spotter that rides with me for the same reason. Armor will be soon to come starting from the bottom and moving up. I need to upgrade the gears and the axles to handle the bigger tires. Later on down the road I want to do a little something Insane and put a 24v Cummins under the hood with an Eaton transmission but that will be after I get a new rig. For now I am sticking to Bolt ons and light duty work on account of Knee and back problems. Ya, 21 and already having back problems... perks of being a Diesel mechanic I guess. I may post pictures of the ol CJ or TJ eventually or if you want to see them just ask, I can shoot up some pics real quick. I am open to Ideas and you can guarantee I will be reading your posts to find information. I hope you have a great Night/Day/whatever. See you out there.

-CreepinJeeper

Attachments

• KIMG0024.jpg
    KIMG0024.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 92

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
You already have enough lift to fit 37s. Cut your fenders and put them on. Keeping in mind that you do have a dana30 front and that is a weak point. If you can, replace it with a PR44.

Grubbicon

Like Ty said you dont want to go with a 6" and 37s. Hell I got a 5.5" and 40s and Id say its still a little much. Here is a picture from when we finished the lift then put the 37s back under it before the 40s were mounted.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446896023.809714.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446896157.625744.jpg

CreepinJeeper

Like Ty said you dont want to go with a 6" and 37s. Hell I got a 5.5" and 40s and Id say its still a little much. Here is a picture from when we finished the lift then put the 37s back under it before the 40s were mounted.
View attachment 172708 View attachment 172709

I did not realize the gap would be that large. I have low cut fenders coming soon that also eliminate the Inner Liner so I wont have to cut Luckily (Smittybuilt XRC). That just leaves me needing to change the Guts out of the front like Mr.Ty said, so i dont make a ring gear into a paper weight. Thank you for the help.

Top Bottom