Vacuum Pump relocation question

Dubaibentzen

Vacuum relocation complete. Now how do I know it's working?
Green and black wire cut and reconnected.

Will I get a dash light if it's not connected electrically? With the engine in idle I got 0 volt reading with my multimeter... When is this pump supposed to turn on?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Vacuum relocation complete. Now how do I know it's working?
Green and black wire cut and reconnected.

Will I get a dash light if it's not connected electrically? With the engine in idle I got 0 volt reading with my multimeter... When is this pump supposed to turn on?

I also wondered the same thing since i went cheap on mine and went homemade. 1500 miles and no dash light or problems. My guess is its working fine.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447082063.965772.jpg

allwhitejeeps

I also have a question about the pump. It had a black small hose attached but when I checked the other end it was not connected to anything on the other end. Is there supposed to be something there?

Ddays

Hooked
Opens to atmosphere. The hose is there to get the inlet up and out of water/mud/debris infiltration area. I used a relocation bracket from Full Metal Fabworks (where I got my bumper) and it mounts basically in the same place as shown in the photo. When I first started my Jeep after disconnecting and moving the pump I could definitely hear it activate. I honestly haven't heard it since. Haven't had any issues since moving so I never actually checked if it was drawing current.

Top Bottom