Broken Front Coil Perch

Saharacon

So like the title says I've broken my drivers side coil perch. Just enough to where my spring moved deep into the Grove and actually out of place. It's pretty bad

Any ideas on how to go about fixing this?

Attachments

• 1447119754629.jpg
    1447119754629.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 165

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How long are your shocks man? Looks like your coil just dropped out and rotated past the index. That most likely caused the lip of it to bend down or break. The perch itself is most likely fine.

Saharacon

Well this is actually the result of bad ball joints creating a terrible death wobble. Which In turn pushed both coils out and of the mounts. So much stress was placed on them the drivers side perch snapped allowing this coil to slide into the that Grove where it sits now shown in the photo above

Saharacon

And my shocks actually haven't even been tested for full down travel with this setup yet. But I'm rated for 12" I believe for the bilstein 5100s

Pyro1415

Any other advice?
Honestly since you have to weld new brackets anyways I would just pull the coil and do a build up weld. Shouldn't be hard with a stick and pretty easy with Mig. Stick take a fast fill rod and low amps do a couple seconds at a time like 1 or 2, then grind it down, mig just low amps.

Top Bottom