Jeep Renegade Test in the Snow

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was starting to wonder if we'd ever get any snow this year but as luck would have it, the white stuff came down pretty good last night and there was still plenty of it around this morning. Needless to say, Cindy and I used the opportunity to take Renny, our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk out for a spin to see how it would do. And, I'm happy to say it did GREAT! Without having to engage it into 4WD, the Renegade took command of the slick roads like a champ and after pushing it a bit, a the traction control automatically changed into the winter mode and illuminated a light on the dash to let us know as much. In an attempt to kick things up a notch, we decided to take Renny up into the hills and see what he could do. Granted, it wasn't a ton of snow but it was still enough to require us to shift it into 4WD and with that, we had a great time. Once again, the Renegade Trailhawk worked wonderfully on the slick terrain and its traction control did what was needed to get us around with ease. Anyway, here are a few shots from our test drive in the snow.

Here's a shot of what the winter mode light looks like on the dash. Again, this came on automatically.
main.php

And, here are some shots from the trail.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Very cool that winter mode comes on automatically. Glad to see Renny out in the white stuff having a little fun :thumb:

ctsams@gmail.com

Awesome, so the Cooper Tire on the HHR wheel will fit in there. That's great! Thought I was gonna have to put my spare on the Rhino Rack.
So glad I joined this Forum!
Much appreciated!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome, so the Cooper Tire on the HHR wheel will fit in there. That's great! Thought I was gonna have to put my spare on the Rhino Rack.
So glad I joined this Forum!
Much appreciated!

I had to pull the foam size piece but aside from that, yeah, it fit just fine even with the tool bag in there.

ctsams@gmail.com

That's good news!
Did you recalibrate your speedometer?
Does the TPMS (tireqq pressure monitoring system still work?
How about the Jack that comes with the Renegade - Will it still work with the 1.5 Daystar lift?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's good news!
Did you recalibrate your speedometer?
Does the TPMS (tireqq pressure monitoring system still work?
How about the Jack that comes with the Renegade - Will it still work with the 1.5 Daystar lift?

I did not recalibrate my speedometer as there's nothing currently available to do that. That being said, my speedo is only off by about 2 MPH at 60.

I was able to have Discount Tire remove the TPMS out of my factory wheels and reuse them on my new ones.

The OE jack will work just fine.

ctsams@gmail.com

More great news!
Thanks so much. I've enjoyed watching you tube videos of last chance canyon, snow day etc. Appreciate your help Eddie. PeAce OuT

Top Bottom