Possible wrong EVO springs??

Shootingjeeper

I put a 3" Enforcer kit on my Jeep about month ago. After getting on here and reading, most are saying that the EVO lifts net around their advertised height on a JKU. But from the picture going around for suspension measurements, I measure right at 4.625" of lift. I would consider my JKUR "light" so would that be correct for 3" springs or do you think I might have possibly been shipped 4" springs by mistake?

Here is a before/after lift pic plus tape measurement from the spring perch to the cup verifying my numbers. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447188198.142046.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447188213.196980.jpg

Skid_Kid

I put a 3" Enforcer kit on my Jeep about month ago. After getting on here and reading, most are saying that the EVO lifts net around their advertised height on a JKU. But from the picture going around for suspension measurements, I measure right at 4.625" of lift. I would consider my JKUR "light" so would that be correct for 3" springs or do you think I might have possibly been shipped 4" springs by mistake?

Here is a before/after lift pic plus tape measurement from the spring perch to the cup verifying my numbers. View attachment 173270 View attachment 173271

Where did you buy them from?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Here is a before/after lift pic plus tape measurement from the spring perch to the cup verifying my numbers. View attachment 173270 View attachment 173271

Everything is still factory.. My guess is that's why it's tall.

Ok. I knew that most lifts net more than advertised, but this being my first lift, I wasn't sure if a 1 5/8" was excessive or if that was the "norm" so to speak.

Hoestly, youd be surprised how much weight the jeep gains with aftermarket bumpers, armour, winch ect...alot of lifts are spec'd with that in mind.

Ddays

Hooked

Here is a before/after lift pic plus tape measurement from the spring perch to the cup verifying my numbers. View attachment 173270

IMO the stance looks great!

mds22

Only way to be sure is to remove a spring, measure it's free length and call to see if they are the right length.
1.6 inches more seems like a lot even if it is still stock. Just my opinion

Shootingjeeper

Hoestly, youd be surprised how much weight the jeep gains with aftermarket bumpers, armour, winch ect...alot of lifts are spec'd with that in mind.

I just assumed that maybe half of an inch or even three quarter was normal. I didn't think it would be over an inch but that's what I get for thinking... Lol

Here is a before/after lift pic plus tape measurement from the spring perch to the cup verifying my numbers. View attachment 173270

IMO the stance looks great!

Thanks! I love the way it looks as well. Just worried now that it might have too much wheel well gap with flat fenders...

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Did you check the part number on the coil bags? 1.6 more inches of lift does not seem right for the 3 inch coils.

tdougherty81

Looks like you got new and bigger tires between the 2 pictures.

Shootingjeeper

Did you check the part number on the coil bags? 1.6 more inches of lift does not seem right for the 3 inch coils.

No I didn't. I ordered the kit from Northridge and the boxes had stickers saying "enforcer lift, box 1 of 3" etc, but I didn't look up individual part numbers. And I had a local shop install the kit for me so I don't have any boxes or bags to refer back too.

When I went to pick the jeep up, I thought it was pretty high for a 3" lift but knowing that the lifts usually netted more and plus going from the factory tires to 315's, I didn't think much of it until getting on here and reading other posts. This is my first Jeep and lift so I wasn't 100% sure on what to expect.

WJCO

Meme King
No I didn't. I ordered the kit from Northridge and the boxes had stickers saying "enforcer lift, box 1 of 3" etc, but I didn't look up individual part numbers. And I had a local shop install the kit for me so I don't have any boxes or bags to refer back too.

When I went to pick the jeep up, I thought it was pretty high for a 3" lift but knowing that the lifts usually netted more and plus going from the factory tires to 315's, I didn't think much of it until getting on here and reading other posts. This is my first Jeep and lift so I wasn't 100% sure on what to expect.

Maybe visually look to make sure the coil springs are seated well just to be safe.

Top Bottom