Y pipe hits cross member.......

I installed a 2.5" Teraflex coil lift on my 2014 Rubicon Unlimited. I used Metal Cloak exhaust extensions and now the exhaust touches the cross member. I can hear a rattle sometimes. Anyone have some thoughts on how I can fix this? Also When I had Jeep on the lift I noticed at full droop that my front brake lines are stretched, not to my liking. I am running Bilstein 5100's. Is there something that I missed? Was I supposed to do something to the front brake lines?

Thanks

Last edited:

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I had a similar issue on mine. I didn't have extensions but my exhaust would rattle on the cross member. The exhaust clamp after the Y pipe wouldn't clamp the pipes well enough and it would sag causing the vibration. I went to Autozone and purchased a standard 2.5" exhaust clamp with the u bolt and two nuts. After I installed it, I never had an issue.

aldaman

The rattle is the exhaust hitting the cross member. You could always add large washers where the bolts hold the crossmember to the frame to give you the clearance. The best fix would be to ditch the spacers and get aftermarket drive shaft. The smaller diameter will take care of both the rattle and clearance issues...

I had a similar issue on mine. I didn't have extensions but my exhaust would rattle on the cross member. The exhaust clamp after the Y pipe wouldn't clamp the pipes well enough and it would sag causing the vibration. I went to Autozone and purchased a standard 2.5" exhaust clamp with the u bolt and two nuts. After I installed it, I never had an issue.

Good deal I might try that. Do you have the same lift?

The rattle is the exhaust hitting the cross member. You could always add large washers where the bolts hold the crossmember to the frame to give you the clearance. The best fix would be to ditch the spacers and get aftermarket drive shaft. The smaller diameter will take care of both the rattle and clearance issues...

Yeah I could go with a shaft but I really don't need it with that lift. Why spend a few hundred bucks if I don't need it. The washer idea might not be a bad idea though. Thanks!

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
No, 3.5" Rock Krawler. I also have a 3.8. I think the exhaust is a little different but it's something to look into. Here's a picture of where mine was hitting and I also added a couple washers to give me more space but the exhaust clamp did the trick in the end. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447207639.942331.jpg

No, 3.5" Rock Krawler. I also have a 3.8. I think the exhaust is a little different but it's something to look into. Here's a picture of where mine was hitting and I also added a couple washers to give me more space but the exhaust clamp did the trick in the end. View attachment 173315

That's exactly where mine is hitting. I'll add some washers. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Oh yeah I do I worked on the lift all day Saturday, dismounted and remounted and balanced 5 tires. I was a little tired. Thanks for the advise.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
That's exactly where mine is hitting. I'll add some washers. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Oh yeah I do I worked on the lift all day Saturday, dismounted and remounted and balanced 5 tires. I was a little tired. Thanks for the advise.

No problem. I hope that works.

Top Bottom