Defroster/Heater

PB's-12JKU

Ok, im at a loss and cant figure this one out and was wondering if this has happed before to someone. I have a 2012 JKU, I turned on the defroster the other day and hot air was only coming out from the passenger side, the driver side had cool air. Then I tried the heater and had the same results. At first i thought maybe a clogged heater core so I disconnected the hoses and checked the flow with a hose, no problems found. The controls are working fine, I changed from heat to cool air and all vents work fine. Go back to heat and just cool air on the drivers side. Thoughts??? 🤔

And before you give me shit.....yes, like my profile say's I live in Hawaii.
I work at Volcano and with the all the rain and winter (cooler weather) windows do fog up.

Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
Ok, im at a loss and cant figure this one out and was wondering if this has happed before to someone. I have a 2012 JKU, I turned on the defroster the other day and hot air was only coming out from the passenger side, the driver side had cool air. Then I tried the heater and had the same results. At first i thought maybe a clogged heater core so I disconnected the hoses and checked the flow with a hose, no problems found. The controls are working fine, I changed from heat to cool air and all vents work fine. Go back to heat and just cool air on the drivers side. Thoughts??? 樂

I work at Volcano and with the all the rain and winter (cooler weather) windows do fog up.

Thanks

Sounds like a door or actuator issue. This may sound silly, but disconnect the battery cables, hold them together for about 10 seconds, then hook them back up. See if that changes it. Sometimes this will cause a memory re-learn if there's any chance that an electronic issue is causing a door to be stuck in one position. If not, there is a possibility something is mechanically stuck. Also check for vacuum leaks, but I'm not sure if doors are controlled by vacuum on these units.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
behind glove box

check that nothing is in the actuator that might have fallenout of the glove box. Happened to a friend found a scisors, a screwdriver and gloves anda CD jammed in there......:naw:

ericmaynor

Ok, im at a loss and cant figure this one out and was wondering if this has happed before to someone. I have a 2012 JKU, I turned on the defroster the other day and hot air was only coming out from the passenger side, the driver side had cool air. Then I tried the heater and had the same results. At first i thought maybe a clogged heater core so I disconnected the hoses and checked the flow with a hose, no problems found. The controls are working fine, I changed from heat to cool air and all vents work fine. Go back to heat and just cool air on the drivers side. Thoughts??? 樂

Thanks

Did you ever get this fixed? If so what did it take to fix it?

PB's-12JKU

Not yet, it goes to the dealership next month to have them look at it. I have checked the actuator behind the glove box, changed antifreeze, ran water back and forth through the heater core and still nothing. Its still under warenty so we will see, also noticed P0306 written on the inside hood and date from when it was a rental car. Told them about that also and they said they cant do anything until the light comes back on.

PB's-12JKU

Received the call from the dealership, they said sludge in the cooling system. The heater core, radiator, engine oil cooler, needs replacing along with engine flush. Warranty will cover all but the engine oil cooler and new radiator cap, so i'm on the hook for about $600 for the oil cooler and labor. I'll post back with the results when i get it back in about 3 weeks.

jeeeep

Hooked
Received the call from the dealership, they said sludge in the cooling system. The heater core, radiator, engine oil cooler, needs replacing along with engine flush. Warranty will cover all but the engine oil cooler and new radiator cap, so i'm on the hook for about $600 for the oil cooler and labor. I'll post back with the results when i get it back in about 3 weeks.

do the newer models have engine oil coolers? i'll need to go look at my 2015.

PB's-12JKU

Let me say one thing before people get worried about warranty. The factory warranty did expire, I am using the extended warranty with Fidelity Warranty Service.

PB's-12JKU

Well, 21 days later I get my jeep back and now have heat. There was in fact sludge in the system, STAR Case S1207000008 is a known issue. Guess I'll be looking at the coolant every weekend to make sure it's looking good.

Top Bottom