3.5 lift what's a good set caster

Jeep87$

I recently went the the alignment shop and had a alignment done and they set my caster a 6degrees positive is that to much ?

WJCO

Meme King
I recently went the the alignment shop and had a alignment done and they set my caster a 6degrees positive is that to much ?

That sounds near perfect to me from a WJ owner. The JK guys may have another word on it, but I think even on a JK, that's good.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Can this cause vibrations at high speeds

You can fix this yourself. Not sure if your kit came with adjustable arms or not. This will not cause vibrations at higher speeds, unless you're dealing with a driveline vibration. Typically on a Jeep, if you gain too much caster, this will result in an improper pinion angle, and vice versa. As said above, 4 is the desired # to balance both of those measurements.

You could have a tire vibration or another vibration too though.

WJCO

Meme King
So adjusting your uppers longer will decrease your caster measurement. And also give you a better pinion angle. There may be a write up on here.

I had a long conversation with eddie about it. Im currently at 6* also. The upside is it actually handles great. The downside is driveline vibe as people have said. I wasnt, and am still not experiencing any vibes. Reason being most likely is my gearing. Eddie mentioned that you really start getting the vibe issues when you regear.

Jeep87$

I measured my uppers control arms they are adj and are set at 183/4 lowers are 231/4 the lowers are fixed

Top Bottom