3inch Mopar lift! Aka (Teraflex)

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Ok just bought a 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited with this lift on it.. What needs to be done to make this a better lift? Replace,change etc...
image.jpg

Torqt JK

Replace all with EVO products :bleh:
Probably should intal drag link flip kit to correct steering maybe front driveshaft depending on lift high and 4dr or 2dr

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Drive shaft I haven't checked. Only had it a few days. Drives fine it is my first jeep. That being said still learning what to look for.

boardsurfer

My jeep came with this lift. I've had to redo pretty much all the steering (drag link flip, and new tie rod) along with EVO front lower arms to correct geometry. The ride was atrocious before - like, 2 hands on the wheel always, bad. The springs are fairly stiff, I run my tires at 26 psi so my kidneys don't bleed.

If you want more flex, it's a difficult lift to upgrade without just ripping everything out. It has exhaust spacers and limiting straps, I assume to protect the drive shaft. If you want to remove the straps, you'll need a new drive shaft, and probably longer brake lines. If you want to add armor, I think the exhaust spacers need to go. Not sure on that one though.

Your rear sway bar will rub the brake line brackets, keep an eye on that. The bracket has a bend in it that brings the brake line out about half an inch. I took it off, hammered it flat and reinstalled. Gave me just enough clearance.

The next thing I replace will be the springs for Evo plush rides most likely. The shocks are the only bright spot. They're good.

So yeah. It's not the best. But it's not actively holding me back either.

In this pic, the straps still had a little slack to give
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447304378.541325.jpg

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Yea they had the air pressure at 40psi I have it at 30psi now. Your right about keeping your hands on the wheel it's twitchy. What needs to be done to correct that?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Yea they had the air pressure at 40psi I have it at 30psi now. Your right about keeping your hands on the wheel it's twitchy. What needs to be done to correct that?

Drag link flip and front lowers made my ride a million times better.

This! The drag link flip will correct steering geometry and help get rid of the twitchy feeling. The adjustable front lower control arms will help you to set it at the correct caster again.
Once that is done, I would personally extend the brake lines if they have not been already, and swap out springs for something less stiff. That is, unless you like the ride quality.

KingCopperhead

I've found the limits of the limiting straps on these. I've read that another reason the straps are present in this kit is to limit over extension of the shocks. I'll eventually remove them to test it since I've long since replaced the factory drive shaft and gotten rid of those awful spacers. If you ever get an awful rattle... Check the spacers first. They gave me an awful noise.

That being said, I've yet to encounter a spot where the lift didn't work for me. It's not the flexiest best handling lift in the world but it gets the job done, and is likely plenty for most people

I also haven't experienced the twitchy steering or bump steer issues, even before I had the drag link flip installed the jeep handled nicely. It's firm, which I like.

What really pissed me off about the kit was the fact that it didn't include quick disconnects.

Overall, we could have spent our money a little smarter, but it's not like you're doomed to jeep hell if you have this lift.

Attachments

• 1447332890759.jpg
    1447332890759.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 1447332945253.jpg
    1447332945253.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 298

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I've found the limits of the limiting straps on these. I've read that another reason the straps are present in this kit is to limit over extension of the shocks. I'll eventually remove them to test it since I've long since replaced the factory drive shaft and gotten rid of those awful spacers. If you ever get an awful rattle... Check the spacers first. They gave me an awful noise.

That being said, I've yet to encounter a spot where the lift didn't work for me. It's not the flexiest best handling lift in the world but it gets the job done, and is likely plenty for most people

I also haven't experienced the twitchy steering or bump steer issues, even before I had the drag link flip installed the jeep handled nicely. It's firm, which I like.

What really pissed me off about the kit was the fact that it didn't include quick disconnects.

Overall, we could have spent our money a little smarter, but it's not like you're doomed to jeep hell if you have this lift.

What do you mean by spacers?

canadianjku

I have been wheeling with this lift for about a year now. I actually think one of the advantages is the ride quality. It does have it downsides but overall I still think it is an above average lift. It is engineered to maintain caster angle without having to change the driveshaft. The control arms and not adjustable but assuming you don't go and change out other parts of the lift they are appropriate for the designed set up. At least that is my understanding? If you start changing out components then yes adjustable control arms would be more appropriate.

Right now I do not see the need to buy a drag link flip kit. I do not get any of the pulling or steering issues that has been discussed above. Would be nice to have but I can't imagine it would change my ride quality that much. Same goes for a new tie rod. Once I happen to break that I will replace it with a better one. For now it does the job just fine. I think few lifts come with these components up front anyways? Pretty sure no matter what lift you bought this is something you could consider so I don't think it is an isolated flaw to the mopar 3 inch.

I agree the flex is not as good as other quality lifts. But in saying that it is not going to be a huge flaw for most people. I still get more than enough flex for moderate wheeling. Down the road if you want to add a new front driveshaft and brake lines and remove the limit straps I think the flex could be improved. At least that is my eventual plan

Someone also mentioned this lift could be a problem if you wish to add armour. I have not come across this before. I have all rock hard armour under my 2015 jeep and have no issues running this lift.

I am sure some people will disagree but just my opinion! I think you will be very happy with your purchase. Might not be the absolute best lift on the market but it is a long ways from the worse. Either way you are going to have a good time with it!

Top Bottom