Stock Fender Cutting JT-Prototype style

Sorry for the old question. But I saw this JT Prototype and Skunkwerks JK from 2008 the other day. It looks like they just cut the front of the stock fenders. This seems like it'd solve the awkward wing-look that happens when running stock fenders with a stubby bumper. But I can't tell how they cut around the side marker light. Or if they're just custom fenders. Cutting above the marker light would probably allow you to see up into the fender from the front. Anyone know how they accomplished this look?

I'd like to run an ARB stubby bumper but don't like how it looks with stock fenders. And don't need the additional clearance or expense of MCE style flat fenders.

My stock fenders for reference of marker light.

skunkwerks_047.jpg

img_5985.jpg

P4014832.jpg

Anyone have an idea of how they did this? It looks similar to what Jeep Swag did. But JeepSwag's cuts all the curve off of the front of the fenders.

Front%20Side%203%20Jeep%20JK%204xfix.jpg

Jeep%20JK%204xfix%20Finished%20Fender.jpg

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The JT look like stock fenders without the side market hole.

The jeep swag ones were just cut at the right angle to give it that look.

Try measuring from the top of the side marker, tape it off and see if that gives you the look you want.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
This is a cool look for sure, I would still try and trim a little more tho of the side to get a little more clearance for the tires.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
what mr ty said^^^ I would just go out to your jeep with some painters tape or the like and just start taping it off. it looks like they just went straight across and hacked away at it.

Why is there two threads about the same thing, created by the same person?

Some of the attached image links failed. When I went in to edit them the site froze. Not sure why that'd create two identical threads. But looks like the mods solved it. Thank you!

Yeah, I guess they're the manufacturer. They can get whatever they want. But it'd be a lot easier to cut that way without the marker lights. Or if the marker lights could be cut in half cleanly.

Skid_Kid

Some of the attached image links failed. When I went in to edit them the site froze. Not sure why that'd create two identical threads. But looks like the mods solved it. Thank you!

Yeah, I guess they're the manufacturer. They can get whatever they want. But it'd be a lot easier to cut that way without the marker lights. Or if the marker lights could be cut in half cleanly.

I had the same issue with a reply to a post today.

WJCO

Meme King
I saw a couple duplicate posts today. One of them an hour apart. Aliens. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Top Bottom