Evo Tire Carrier without RockSkins

SevenSlotSpartan

Hey WAL so I'm not sure if this has been discussed or not but is it required to run the Evo Tire Carrier system with the use of their rockskins? I'm sure it is possible but are there any adverse effects to the body of the jeep without having that extra thickness and durability of their corner armor?

thanks in advance

RoughRider

Is there a way you can have the corners trimmed? Instead of having the whole rear fender covered could you maybe just have the area like the gas tank and tail lights covered?

SevenSlotSpartan

Appreciate the quick responses! Yeah I was thinking the same about the sheet metal being too weak to carry the weight of the carrier plus the weight of the tire itself I was just curious if anyone on here has tried it.

thanks fellas

SevenSlotSpartan

Oh hey what about the builder corners? Are they similar to the rock corners just a more complete package instead of just having the area above the fenders guarded? How would those handle the weight of the carrier in comparison to the rock corners?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Oh hey what about the builder corners? Are they similar to the rock corners just a more complete package instead of just having the area above the fenders guarded? How would those handle the weight of the carrier in comparison to the rock corners?

Do you have a two door? They don't make two door builders corners.

But to answer your question regarding a four door, the builders corners are a flareless corner. They are the same as the regular corner armor only they go lower to cover the fender holes.

SevenSlotSpartan

Oh okay gotcha! Yeah I have a 2 door so I guess the builder corners are out of the question now. Thanks for the info anyways Overlander!

SevenSlotSpartan

You can get Rockskins for a 2 Door.

Oh yeah for sure the rear rock skins will be fine on a 2 door Overlander was talking about the builder corners. The are very similar to the River Raider comp corners here's what he and I were talking about:

DSCN3928.jpg

Now I actually just stumbled across this 2 door with the builder corners although they seem to not fit exactly right this rig has them on there, what are your thoughts? Would this be a problem due to the fact that these corners are not designed for this application necessarily?

freaks2.jpg

SevenSlotSpartan

What skid_kid. They make the regular corners that work on two doors and four doors and they also make corners for two doors.

And then the builders corners for four door only. Hope that makes sense.

Oh yeah that totally makes sense, I think we are on the same page on this one; no builders specifically for 2 doors, but there are corner guards for both the 4 and 2 door.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
You're exactly right! I'm highly considering the GenRight, but I was just curious about the Evo carrier considering without the skins the carriers themselves are about the same price.

I'm in the same boat. I am currently compiling s list of parts for my next round of mods. A tire carrier is on that list. I really like the look of the EVO carrier, but I have no desire to run corner armor. The only cage style carriers I have found that do not require you to run armor are GenRight, Poison Spyder and OR Fab. One of those will most likely be on my rig before next summer.

Top Bottom