Any disadvantage to keeping 3" coils with 37's?

vitodivita

Hi everyone

Currently have evo plush rides and 3" coils. I have narrow psc flares as well. If I move up to 37s, would I be missing out by not upgrading to the 4" coils? Trying to keep the height down..

Thanks

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hi everyone

Currently have evo plush rides and 3" coils. I have narrow psc flares as well. If I move up to 37s, would I be missing out by not upgrading to the 4" coils? Trying to keep the height down..

Thanks

This is actually the preferred method for guys who want a LCG, so the only thing your going to be "missing out on" is the additional 1" of up travel (if its even a full inch?) and the additional 1" belly clearance at ride height. that's all. You may need new taller bump stops with the 3" springs though. either way, I think you will be happy with the setup!

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
You won't really be missing out on anything other than an inch more of break over angle. I think the benefit of the lower center of gravity out out weights that. If you haven't seen this set up check out olram30's build thread. :yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I ran 37's with 3 inch Plush ride coils. The only disadvantage I noticed was bottoming out in the desert when I was loaded down. For that reason alone I went with 4 inch coils.

vitodivita

Yeah I don't have any whoops to put the Jeep thru around here, and I am trying to prioritize lcg over a little bit of clearance gain as has been said. Looks like I'm gonna stick with these coils.
Thanks for the help all.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
You won't really be missing out on anything other than an inch more of break over angle. I think the benefit of the lower center of gravity out out weights that. If you haven't seen this set up check out olram30's build thread. :yup:
1447428666740.jpg
I have no complaints!
I ran 37's with 3 inch Plush ride coils. The only disadvantage I noticed was bottoming out in the desert when I was loaded down. For that reason alone I went with 4 inch coils.
I have no friends for extra weight😧

NAUJK

I have absolutely no complaints with 3" Evo plush rides and 37s. If you want lcg definitely stick with the 3. I see no real disadvantages. Lcg more important than a little more breakover. :twocents:

Attachments

• 1447434878051.jpg
    1447434878051.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 127
Top Bottom