Replacing intake gasket and water pump

BlackHat

Hi Guys,

Been a little while since I have had time to get on the Forum.

I'm going to be replacing the intake gasket and water pump on my 2007 Wrangler X.

My question is after I drain the system of the factory coolant completely, can I replace it with the Green regular coolant, or will this cause problems or not cool the engine properly?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

WJCO

Meme King
Hi Guys,

Been a little while since I have had time to get on the Forum.

I'm going to be replacing the intake gasket and water pump on my 2007 Wrangler X.

My question is after I drain the system of the factory coolant completely, can I replace it with the Green regular coolant, or will this cause problems or not cool the engine properly?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

I would stick with what the manufacturer recommends. Especially because if you drain it, there will still be residual left in many parts of the system and you don't want two coolants to mix. I would definitely stay with what's already in there.

BlackHat

I was going to put a vacuum on the system to remove all factory coolant would it be okay if I was able to get it all out then replace with the green stuff.

I appreciate your response though good info.

WJCO

Meme King
I was going to put a vacuum on the system to remove all factory coolant would it be okay if I was able to get it all out then replace with the green stuff.

I appreciate your response though good info.

What's your reasoning behind wanting to use the green?

jeeeep

Hooked
To not have to buy the Dealer only provided coolant that you can't get at parts stores.

just get vehicle specific anti-freeze and you should be ok. I did the same when I flushed my system and am now using Prestone 50/50.

been over a year no issues

BlackHat

just get vehicle specific anti-freeze and you should be ok. I did the same when I flushed my system and am now using Prestone 50/50.

been over a year no issues

Thanks for the info, and do you mean non vehicle specific because the Prestone is not vehicle specific?

BlackHat

sort of, I bought it at Orielly, entered my Jeep info and it showed anti-freeze recommendations based on my Jeep.

Thank you Sir! I guess it doesn't really matter what coolant I get as long as I completely get the other coolant out of the system.

Top Bottom