Fortec Heavy Duty Tire Carrier

CarolinaJK

I am wondering about the Fortec tire carrier. I have heard of some people's stock carrier failing with a 35" inch tire so I don't want to attempt that. I was looking around and found the Fortec carrier. It looks kinda iffy and was wondering if anyone had experience with it. I also looked at the Hanson, but I am trying to go cheap on this carrier until I can afford the EVO tire carrier.

Thanks

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Never heard of this carrier. Not gonna lie or even give a comment. But lot of people run a 35 on a factory carrier as long as you extend the rubber isolators.

CarolinaJK

If I do run this on the stock carrier, do y'all believe that I can get a year to a year and a half out of it? Just trying not to put too much stress on it since my setup has to be close to 90-100lbs. 35" Mud Grappler and Rubicon wheel.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If I do run this on the stock carrier, do y'all believe that I can get a year to a year and a half out of it? Just trying not to put too much stress on it since my setup has to be close to 90-100lbs. 35" Mud Grappler and Rubicon wheel.

as long as your tailgate stops are firm against the tire yes you will be fine on the stock carrier. also if your still running the stock rear bumper your tire will most likely sit on the bumper. this will really help the tire from jiggling and take some of the weight off the stock carrier.

CarolinaJK

Just get the terracrap carrier and be done with it ;)

You know what, I should probably sell all of my Evo stuff for some Teraflex stuff!

Said no one ever [emoji23]

as long as your tailgate stops are firm against the tire yes you will be fine on the stock carrier. also if your still running the stock rear bumper your tire will most likely sit on the bumper. this will really help the tire from jiggling and take some of the weight off the stock carrier.

Awesome! Just what I wanted to hear. I'm still running the stock rear. I guess I'll just hold off on the Evo d-rings until I get the Evo Carrier.

Ive ran my 35 toyo on rubicon wheel for close to a year now. Bump stops are tight. It hasnt caused an issue. The toyo m/t is about the heaviest 35 ive seen. Also not running a rear bumper.

CarolinaJK

Ive ran my 35 toyo on rubicon wheel for close to a year now. Bump stops are tight. It hasnt caused an issue. The toyo m/t is about the heaviest 35 ive seen. Also not running a rear bumper.

Well I guess I should be fine then. Toyo's are extremely heavy tires.

If you have a trailer hitch, you could also make a support for under the tire as well :thumb:

Sadly I don't. I've seen the supports before and they do look like they could help.

Top Bottom