Rear defrost problems

dmpowder

Alright peeps I got my DW figured out thanks to this site so now I need some more help.

I have a 09 jku and seems the rear defrost isn't working. I push the button and the light doesn't stay on, as long as I hold the button in the light will stay on. I've checked both wires on the rear glass and they are attached, switched relay and still no go. Put a test light on the J14 fuse under the hood and I don't have power on either end. Any ideas?

WJCO

Meme King
Alright peeps I got my DW figured out thanks to this site so now I need some more help.

I have a 09 jku and seems the rear defrost isn't working. I push the button and the light doesn't stay on, as long as I hold the button in the light will stay on. I've checked both wires on the rear glass and they are attached, switched relay and still no go. Put a test light on the J14 fuse under the hood and I don't have power on either end. Any ideas?

Glad your DW is fixed.

If J14 is indeed the fuse, did you check it with the car running or key on? Key off most likely will not have any power in defrost circuit. If key was on and J14 fuse is for defrost and has no power, Replace fuse and retest. If fuse blows again, you have a short in that circuit. Any signs of any objects you were carrying in the back rubbing against the defrost grid or wiring?

dmpowder

Key was on, all wires look good in back (rear wiper works). I found a wiring diagram online which will help a bunch. I'm I correct that the "electronics" box in the right hand corner is underneath the fuse/relay portion?

Attachments

• 1447460692176.jpg
    1447460692176.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 23

WJCO

Meme King
Key was on, all wires look good in back (rear wiper works). I found a wiring diagram online which will help a bunch. I'm I correct that the "electronics" box in the right hand corner is underneath the fuse/relay portion?

It could be, but usually that just means that that relay is part of the bigger component which is the TIPM in this case. The lid on the vehicle should show you where that relay is if it is in that box.

Top Bottom