G2 versus Yukon

Gnmaniatis

Hey everyone. I'm re gearing in a couple of weeks. Have a 2013 rubi with the stock 4.10 gears and auto transmission. Currently running Tera 60 in the rear and stock front 44. I'm gearing down to 5.13's. My question is, is there a difference in gear quality between Yukon and G2? The shop that will be doing the work said either gear will do the job. But just want to get some additional feedback.Thanks in advance for the insight/advice

Last edited:

RockyJk

From what I've seen the gears are all made in the factory and just labeled differently when they hit the US

Gnmaniatis

I would say Yukon, Revolution Gear is also american made

Just curious why the Yukon or Revolution Gears over G2? The shop that is doing the work said I can decide when I come in on Wednesday on the brand of gears. Just want to make sure I make the right choice here.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just curious why the Yukon or Revolution Gears over G2? The shop that is doing the work said I can decide when I come in on Wednesday on the brand of gears. Just want to make sure I make the right choice here.

All three are made at the same factory in Korea and stamped with the little k on them. Revolution even told me as much before I got mine. What each company does differently is treat them once received. As for who does what to there gears I couldn't tell you.

qwasin

Revolution axle shafts are US made but gears are Korean. Only US made gears for jk dana 44 are dana 4.56 and U.S. Gear 4.88. For 5.13s you have one choice, CHA industries.

jorgelrod

Hooked
All three are made at the same factory in Korea and stamped with the little k on them. Revolution even told me as much before I got mine. What each company does differently is treat them once received. As for who does what to there gears I couldn't tell you.

Interesting...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, they are all made in Korea. Just look on the side of the gear and you will see their logo which is a K inside of a circle.

Gnmaniatis

Got my Jeep back yesterday. Went with the G2 5.13 and also decided to upgrade the tires to the Nitto 37" Trail Grappler. Was running the Toyo At2's on 35's. Can already tell the difference in power. Was told to take it easy on the skinny pedal for the first 500 miles.
Here's some pics, not the best due to blowing snow here last nigh...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448110332.152159.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448110346.605128.jpg

qwasin

As stated in my previous post to this thread, you can get US made gears in certain ratios. I have heard that U.S. gear is/was working on 5.38s, Dynatrac would have up to date info on this. If true, you could get US made gears in 4.56, 4.88, and 5.38. I could only guess that the limited selection is due to the JK 44 being relatively new and also exclusive to one vehicle.

Top Bottom