ORO Liteplate Wiring Help

Relocating my license plate with the Rock Hard relocate and ORO Liteplate and Brake Light. I've got it wired per instructions and I'm getting nothing. Anyone have ideas? 2013 JK

Liteplate Red to JK White/BrownBlack Stripe
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447616015.054266.jpg

Liteplate Green to JK White/PurpleViolet
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447616051.560731.jpg

Liteplate Black to JK Black
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447616069.594912.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
My guess is that your tap splices aren't making good contact with the wires. Blues are typically good down to like 18awg if I recall correctly and the lite plate wiring is like 22awg. I chopped my wiring and used red butt splices and heat shrink. Soldering is ideal but there's nothing wrong with butt splices. If you pull your tap splices off, my guess is you'll find it didn't pierce through the wiring insulation. Let us know how it turns out.

el_chupo_

Just wanting to add to this particular subject, in case someone else searches in the future and runs into the problem I did this afternoon.

I just added the ORO LitePlate as I was told when I went in for inspection a 3rd brake light was now required.

For the 3rd brake light my tailgate wire bundle did not have a white/brown trace wire in the bundle at all. I followed the wire bundle to the plug behind the small black vent in the tail gate and realized there was a black and white/green trace there. I tested and confirmed the white/green trace was the correct wire, and then soldered the connection.

Dont know why mine was different than everyone else's, but if anyone else has the issue, at least this may help.

rubi-8

Just wanting to add to this particular subject, in case someone else searches in the future and runs into the problem I did this afternoon.

I just added the ORO LitePlate as I was told when I went in for inspection a 3rd brake light was now required.

For the 3rd brake light my tailgate wire bundle did not have a white/brown trace wire in the bundle at all. I followed the wire bundle to the plug behind the small black vent in the tail gate and realized there was a black and white/green trace there. I tested and confirmed the white/green trace was the correct wire, and then soldered the connection.

Dont know why mine was different than everyone else's, but if anyone else has the issue, at least this may help.

Being a retired electrician, I once worked with a partner who was colorblind and every splice box he worked on had the brown and green wires tied together. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom