Aftermarket Steering Wheel

SFNick

Warning!!! Don't do this if you like your airbag and traction control. My Jeep is becoming more & more of a dedicated trail rig, so I decided to install a new steering wheel. I did some research but couldn't find much. So I experimented & found a NRG hub adapter that would fit the JK's. I thought that I would just be able to remove the cloak spring but unfortunately Jeep decided to build the Headlight, blinker, & windshield wiper controls into the Cloak Spring so removing it completely wasn't a option. I had to hack it up In order to get the hub adapter on. It's a pretty straight forward install and I love the way it turned out. Here's the part #'s for those that are interested. The short Hub was a NRG SRK-170H. I used a 2.0 quick release but I think the 2.5 would've been better for easy on off action. The wheel is pretty small at 12.6" & at first it felt weird but I quickly got use to it & love the sportier feel.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447626488.113280.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447626470.162636.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447626443.327884.jpg

tonytony9

Really like how it turned out. I too would like to replace my steering wheel to something a little more updated (I have an 08). Could this be done with with maybe a 2012 wheel and then getting the updated uconnect radio to work with it?

SFNick

Really like how it turned out. I too would like to replace my steering wheel to something a little more updated (I have an 08). Could this be done with with maybe a 2012 wheel and then getting the updated uconnect radio to work with it?

I think that the 2012 steering wheels would be a direct swap, without loosing any of the safety functions. I've seen were people have done it but I'm not sure about any of the electronic issues that they might have had.

Top Bottom