P2096 code has any one had?

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Has anyone experienced this code after off road in wet or muddy water conditions? It's a downstream fuel trim system 1 code. I have done no trouble shooting yet, did not have enough time. I don't believe it is actually running lean. I speculate either contamination in the o2 sensor harness or bad o2 sensor.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you don't think that you're running lean, I would try to clear the code with a programmer or by disconnecting the neg battery lead for about 20 min. If it comes back again, then you can start looking around for a fix.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Being that you don't think that you're running lean, I would try to clear the code with a programmer or by disconnecting the neg battery lead for about 20 min. If it comes back again, then you can start looking around for a fix.

I will try that tomorrow. Slept all day now am at work. Drove the WJ to work. I will post my results later. Thanks Eddie

WJCO

Meme King
If code returns, I would visually inspect all wiring and unplug the sensor itself to verify no water/mud contamination due to the conditions described when the symptom occurred.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
If code returns, I would visually inspect all wiring and unplug the sensor itself to verify no water/mud contamination due to the conditions described when the symptom occurred.

Yes, however the light went off on its own. Hopefully it will remain off. If not, I was going to try this.

Jitsujeeper

Our 02s have a heater wire that usually goes bad. If the sensor isn't get up to temp it will throw the light on. It will also be intermittent. Change it out if the light comes back on. I've done it twice since 2008 :(

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Our 02s have a heater wire that usually goes bad. If the sensor isn't get up to temp it will throw the light on. It will also be intermittent. Change it out if the light comes back on. I've done it twice since 2008 :(

Thanks, I was planning on doing that if it turns back on. The actual harness is clean and dry.

Top Bottom