PDA

View Full Version : Northridge4x4 - REMOVED AS A VENDOR

Pages : [1] 2

wayoflife
11-16-2015, 11:05 PM
In lieu of Northridge4x4's recent posts promoting the videos they make and the direction in which they have chosen to take their business, I have decided to end our working relationship with them. Please note that this has absolutely nothing to do with advertising fees and if anything, I have initiated a refund for the remaining balance of their annual commitment. Fortunately, I am at a place in my life where I can choose with whom I do business and for a variety of reasons, I am choosing to no longer do business with Northridge4x4. Needless to say, you will no longer be seeing them here on WAYALIFE.

JakeJK
11-16-2015, 11:23 PM
Well damn what happened?

DWiggles
11-16-2015, 11:24 PM
Well damn what happened?

Exactly same thought

cozdude
11-16-2015, 11:25 PM
Well damn what happened?

Exactly same thought

Did you guys not read his post? He states why.

DWiggles
11-16-2015, 11:27 PM

Well the video thread got deleted, so I didn't get the read that, all I saw was the initial posting of the video, watched the video, commented on the thread, and went about my day.

MR.Ty
11-16-2015, 11:28 PM
Well damn what happened?

Exactly same thought

Did you stop at the first period? Read it again.

JakeJK
11-16-2015, 11:29 PM

I read that, but it means nothing to me as I didn't see the thread he was referring to so I was wanting to know what they did. That's all

GregMort13
11-16-2015, 11:33 PM
Its a shame, but i completely understand the reasoning. I sure do miss the Wayalife JK experiences

jeeeep
11-16-2015, 11:34 PM
ahhhh well I completely understand now after viewing the video.

cozdude
11-16-2015, 11:34 PM
I read that, but it means nothing to me as I didn't see the thread he was referring to so I was wanting to know what they did. That's all
You don't need to see a thread in order to know why they got dropped, it's in his post.

Well the video thread got deleted, so I didn't get the read that, all I saw was the initial posting of the video, watched the video, commented on the thread, and went about my day.
No need to read the thread that got deleted to know why. As I said to jake the reason is in eddies post.

mds22
11-16-2015, 11:35 PM
Did you stop at the first period? Read it again.

LOL... My exact thought.

10frank9
11-16-2015, 11:40 PM
Its unfortunate to see that Northridge put the almighty dollar above friendships and long standing relationships. It was obvious in their BLATANT attempt to make their own videos which were a bit too similar to the Wayalife videos. Glad you made this decision Eddie.

JakeJK
11-16-2015, 11:41 PM
Well did a quick google search and ass why there was conflict. You guys could've just said that northridge produced and posted videos that compete with similar Wayalife videos would've cleared it up instead of me looking like an idiot

10frank9
11-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Well did a quick google search and ass why there was conflict. You guys could've just said that northridge produced and posted videos that compete with similar Wayalife videos would've cleared it up instead of me looking like an idiot

I just did. Sensitive much?

JakeJK
11-16-2015, 11:43 PM
I just did. Sensitive much?

Oops my bad didn't see that. I was just staying, I wasn't offended

Mountainjk10
11-16-2015, 11:45 PM
Life goes on. There's other websites that sell JK parts.

thardy
11-16-2015, 11:46 PM
It is an unfortunate situation but fully understand. It's definitely nice to be in a position to choose who you do business with.

DWiggles
11-16-2015, 11:59 PM
Agreed. Strange that it would be a problem now given that "bucket list" by nr4x4 has been out for a while and was the "first of northridge videos" to be similar as in, narrative and music... but, anyway...

10frank9
11-17-2015, 12:11 AM
Agreed. Strange that it would be a problem now given that "bucket list" by nr4x4 has been out for a while and was the "first of northridge videos" to be similar as in, narrative and music... but, anyway...

Perhaps you don't get it but ,I for one understand and have no respect for the NR4x4 camp. So UNORIGINAL.

Sharkey
11-17-2015, 12:16 AM
While I'm sure this will come as no huge surprise to some, I support Eddie's position 100%. There comes a point in time (at least for most people anyway) where "enough is enough" and you must stand up for what you know is right. From my perspective, and these are my words and not anyone else's, Northridge has been increasingly using this site in an attempt to position itself to make money doing far more than just reselling Jeep parts. Frankly, I find it disgusting. And for anyone who has been in this game for more than five years, you know that Northridge owes a lot of its success to the forums that Eddie has laboriously built. Seeing Northridge pimp videos which, regardless of the quality (or lack thereof), were blatant ripoffs of Eddie and Cindy's bread and butter business was, well, telling.

Some things in this life are far more important than money. Honor, integrity, and loyalty are at the top of the list...as is remembering who you are, how you got to where you are, and who helped you get there. It's about God damn time people in this nation start remembering those concepts before we become even more of an entitled, "what's in it for me" society...in other words, before this entire nation becomes Kalifornia. Rant over.

Here is a :beer: for you Eddie. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but the right ones never are.

AllAmericanInfidel
11-17-2015, 12:50 AM
Well, the wife and I were just discussing a few days ago how we have purchased most of the parts for this build from Northridge and we were thinking of trying out Trail Jeeps for this next round of modifications. We have heard nothing but great things about them. Looks like there is a very good reason to do just that now. To blatantly rip off the format of someone else's hard work is telling of the morals of the folks in charge of that project. I have not seen the video in question, but honestly I don't need to. I have yet to see any Jeep related videos with the same authenticity and quality as Wayalife videos.

GregMort13
11-17-2015, 01:00 AM
While I'm sure this will come as no huge surprise to some, I support Eddie's position 100%. There comes a point in time (at least for most people anyway) where "enough is enough" and you must stand up for what you know is right. From my perspective, and these are my words and not anyone else's, Northridge has been increasingly using this site in an attempt to position itself to make money doing far more than just reselling Jeep parts. Frankly, I find it disgusting. And for anyone who has been in this game for more than five years, you know that Northridge owes a lot of its success to the forums that Eddie has laboriously built. Seeing Northridge pimp videos which, regardless of the quality (or lack thereof), were blatant ripoffs of Eddie and Cindy's bread and butter business was, well, telling.

Some things in this life are far more important than money. Honor, integrity, and loyalty are at the top of the list...as is remembering who you are, how you got to where you are, and who helped you get there. It's about God damn time people in this nation start remembering those concepts before we become even more of an entitled, "what's in it for me" society...in other words, before this entire nation becomes Kalifornia. Rant over.

Here is a :beer: for you Eddie. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision but the right ones never are.

I totally agree with this. They nonchalantly crossed a line and transitioned from another source of communication to customers/family, into a stab at Eddie and Cindy's creativity and awesome documentary skills and huge push for money. I don't think I'm the only one that feels apart of the previous JK experiences without even being there. Theres no replacing good friends having fun together and helping those who need it on the trail with product advertisement and basically plagiarism. I hope that Eddie and Cindy document some of their future adventures to share with us because i miss that here on this forum. That will never be able to be replaced by northridge or anyone else that tries. I come to this forum for advise and to share knowledge. Not forum discounts or hand outs. Im sure there are many many others that feel the same. Needless to say I'm behind Wayalife and our family and whatever decision that needs to be made. Heres a huge pat on the back to Eddie and Cindy for standing their ground and fighting for what they believe in, just as Sharkey said.

Thanks Eddie, for keeping this forum about family, not about paper. [emoji482]

kilo639
11-17-2015, 01:03 AM
I just watched the video. It is a straight up rip off of the Wayalife video format.

Nicalife
11-17-2015, 01:18 AM
Eddie and Cindy, Great Decision! The quality of your work with Wayalife will keep you strong! Needless to say, NR quality will never compare nor I see it growing with that level of production they pushed.
Looking forward to the Wayalife future productions!

JKAnimal
11-17-2015, 01:34 AM
Those non WAYALIFE videos sucked by comparison to every video made by Eddie and Cindy! Northridge are fools.

GregMort13
11-17-2015, 01:36 AM
Those non WAYALIFE videos sucked by comparison to every video made by Eddie and Cindy! Northridge are fools.

Its just ashame they let business out weigh our relationship with them

TFD
11-17-2015, 01:43 AM
I've bought most of my parts from northridge, but I've learned almost everything I know about my jk from Eddie and all of you guys here on this great forum.
It's easy for me to say that I won't be giving anymore business to northridge.

CarolinaJK
11-17-2015, 02:21 AM
Wow that really is unfortunate. When I first saw the video, I assumed it had been ran by you beforehand. I do understand your position and honestly if I was in your position, I'd probably do the exact same. [emoji111]🏾️

JK LYF
11-17-2015, 02:24 AM
I am behind, & support Wayalife and Eddie 100%!!!

WJCO
11-17-2015, 02:29 AM
Sorry to hear about it. Anyway, life goes on.

CastleRockJeep
11-17-2015, 02:30 AM
I was curious why I hadn't seen anything about the new "Wayalife" video I watched on YouTube earlier today. They should be ashamed of how closely they copied the production of Wayalife videos.

In a lighter note I wasted some time today getting quotes for some parts and welding I'm looking to do in order to compare their prices to Trail Jeeps.

Looks like Trail Jeeps will get my business.

JKRay
11-17-2015, 02:51 AM
Good for you Eddie and Cindy! Sucks it had to come to it but it had to be done.

OverlanderJK
11-17-2015, 02:52 AM
Agreed. I had the same thoughts and I like to think of myself as at least average intelligence. I also don't understand the issue with other people making jeep videos. Protectionism usually doesn't pan out, especially on the Internet. But I didn't see the videos. And I work in creative advertising that's all about creative competition. Usually quality ultimately wins. And at the end of the day, business is business. So I support both company's right to do what they want.

So if I come to your place of work and setup shop doing the same thing you do it's ok? It's ok for me to steal your business in your house?

Benny
11-17-2015, 03:05 AM
So a paying advertiser and vendor cant post a video advertising the parts they sell and fun they are having on a run? I honestly thought the video had more of a "expedition Overland" feel to it vs. a Wayalife film.

DWiggles
11-17-2015, 03:09 AM
Eddie and Cindy bowed out of making videos for JKX, NR4X4 picked it up for the past few events and every time they posted a video here, the thread was full of comments about "wish it was more like the WOL videos" "Eddies videos are so much better" etc. While I agree Eddies videos were, and still are MUCH better, at the same time, I'm not supprised northridge delivered videos that were more "like" a WOL video... it's what the MAJORITY of customers wanted...

Disclaimer: I'm not involved with either party, I only can go off intuition and what is written here to read. While I support Eddie and this forum fully and love being a part of WOL; I don't see any supprise at all with a company making a video tailored to try and meet customer expectations. Now pimping it in Eddies face was a little "rude" perhaps, but it's what everyone told them to do on the previous films in the first place. That's just my $.02.

GregMort13
11-17-2015, 03:12 AM
Agreed. I had the same thoughts and I like to think of myself as at least average intelligence. I also don't understand the issue with other people making jeep videos. Protectionism usually doesn't pan out, especially on the Internet. But I didn't see the videos. And I work in creative advertising that's all about creative competition. Usually quality ultimately wins. And at the end of the day, business is business. So I support both company's right to do what they want.

There was no problem in them creating the video. Eddie has created and molded this forum into the awesome community that it is. He put in the hard labor hours and answered endless questions to create this gigantic empire we call wayalife. In creating this huge successful forum, he's created rules for vendors and members to abide by. In allowing vendors to graze here, they "stepped on eddies toes" in a sense. Using his format and originality to document these trips, they broke rules clearly laid out when you sign up. The relationship between Northridge and Wayalife turned from friendly to competitor. But not only did they steal his originality and filming ideas, they piggy backed them right into his own empire to advertise for themselves and the better of their own company. Blatantly ignoring his rules and set guidelines. Its one thing to do that, but to do it to a friend, that crosses the line completely. Appropriate actions were taken.

Sharkey
11-17-2015, 03:33 AM
^^Exactly.

And let's not kid ourselves, Northridge's videos still suck. They won't ever have the feeling of Eddie and Cindy's videos because Northridge could give two shits about the "experience" that so many of us love. (Don't believe me, just ask Dave. He will tell you that he would rather play golf than be stuck on a wheeling trip).

In my mind, this has nothing to do with the quality of videos and everything to do with respect, integrity, and appreciating the people who help put you on the map.

It's about a whole hell of lot more than just business.

JK LYF
11-17-2015, 03:40 AM

The issue wasn't, in and of itself, "other people making jeep videos." There's a little more to it than that.

"Protectionism" is not necessarily the appropriate terminology here, as it does not apply to the contents allowed or disallowed "within" a privately owned site.

"Creative competition" is not necessarily the appropriate terminology here, as it does not apply to the contents allowed or disallowed "within" a privately owned site.

And yes, "quality ultimately wins" but when comparing apples to apples.

thardy
11-17-2015, 03:48 AM
Yes. That happens every day. Brands like your idea, then produce it themselves. Or they give the project you've been working on for 6mos to another agency, etc. Any creative field is hyper competitive and requires you to roll with the punches.

You can't copyright a video format. That being said, Their videos are embarrassingly similar to wayalife's. But we all know it and called NR out on it. The internet usually takes care of itself. What are the sayings? Imitation flattery and "Creativity is all about hiding your sources."

But coming from an equally tught knot land cruiser forum and not having found my "jeep forum" home yet, this thread represents the two parts about the wayalife community that leave a bad taste in my mouth.

1. Some members tend to be very rude and aggressive out of the gate. That happens on every forum. But it seems to happen in every thread here. It's very rare on places like expedition portal.

2. Eddie seems to find drama. Whether it's North Ridge or AEV or TF. Since he has that relationship with NR, he probably could have called them out privately and they'd have been embarrassed enough to stop. Maybe he did and this was the result. But it does seem a little dramatic.

Eddie simply stated that NR4x4 would no longer be a vender on the forum, due to the videos, AS WELL AS, the direction their business is going. If I were a bettin man, I'd say the video was simply the last straw in something that has been a long time coming.

Skid_Kid
11-17-2015, 03:54 AM
100% behind Eddie and fully support Wayalife. I will continue and happily rep my banner proud in the PNW.

JK LYF
11-17-2015, 04:00 AM
Yes. That happens every day. Brands like your idea, then produce it themselves. Or they give the project you've been working on for 6mos to another agency, etc. Any creative field is hyper competitive and requires you to roll with the punches.

You can't copyright a video format. That being said, Their videos are embarrassingly similar to wayalife's. But we all know it and called NR out on it. The internet usually takes care of itself. What are the sayings? Imitation flattery and "Creativity is all about hiding your sources."

But coming from an equally tught knot land cruiser forum and not having found my "jeep forum" home yet, this thread represents the two parts about the wayalife community that leave a bad taste in my mouth.

1. Some members tend to be very rude and aggressive out of the gate. That happens on every forum. But it seems to happen in every thread here. It's very rare on places like expedition portal.

2. Eddie seems to find drama. Whether it's North Ridge or AEV or TF. Since he has that relationship with NR, he probably could have called them out privately and they'd have been embarrassed enough to stop. Maybe he did and this was the result. But it does seem a little dramatic.

Again, it does not "happen everyday" WITHIN the structure of a privately owned forum. That's the point. This is a privately owned forum wherein the owner has the right to operate it as he sees fit.

piginajeep
11-17-2015, 04:02 AM

Lol, he's not afraid to call a spade a spade. The only reason other forum admins don't is for the money/free parts etc and they don't have the balls.

Dramatic? Lol, get the fuck outta here with that none sense

Mtnfvr
11-17-2015, 04:03 AM
I gotta say I've read through these comments and my first thoughts was what a bunch of whiners. I happened across NR4x4's this morning and thought nothing of it. That being said I have never seen Eddie's videos. Out of curiosity I went to YouTube and checked out some of Eddie's videos. I can see the similarities. I get it now. That is the advantage of running your own business. You get to work with who you want. In Eddie's position I'd probably do the same.

JK LYF
11-17-2015, 04:03 AM
100% behind Eddie and fully support Wayalife. I will continue and happy rep my banner proud in the PNW.

[emoji121][emoji121][emoji121]This.....

Sharkey
11-17-2015, 04:09 AM
Blah...blah...blah.

Blah...blah...blah

You clearly don't get it. Honestly, if you haven't found your "Jeep forum" home yet, I am very confident that you won't find it here.

I'm also very confident that the bad taste in your mouth comes from a much different source.

GregMort13
11-17-2015, 04:14 AM
You clearly don't get it. Honestly, if you haven't found your "Jeep forum" home yet, I am very confident that you won't find it here.

I'm also very confident that the bad taste in your mouth comes from a much different source.

Im glad someone said it.

WJCO
11-17-2015, 04:15 AM
Eddie simply stated that NR4x4 would no longer be a vender on the forum, due to the videos, AS WELL AS, the direction their business is going. If I were a bettin man, I'd say the video was simply the last straw in something that has been a long time coming.

Running a business myself, I would have to agree with this ^. There is probably a ton more to this thing.

This is a great group of guys with good humor. The only agressiveness out of the gate from what I see is when someone reads and agrees to the rules and then posts something completely contrary. It's the moderator's jobs to call that stuff out. At the same time, if you can't deal with the initial 'hazing' due to thin skin, then you probably won't last here. I got my ass handed to me on the first day, and I'm still here loving this forum. :beer:

10frank9
11-17-2015, 04:29 AM
Some of these responses are lame. Can any one of you seriously say that wasn't a blatant copy of Eddies films?

Like Sharkey said NR4x4 forgot they were once a small shop that wasn't well known. They let the almighty dollar cloud their judgement and are now DIRECTLY competing with Wayalife films.

Maybe we should start selling Jeep parts and go advertise on their Facebook group? :thinking:

Skid_Kid
11-17-2015, 04:30 AM
Some of these responses are lame. Can any one of you seriously say that wasn't a blatant copy of Eddies films?

Like Sharkey said NR4x4 forgot they were once a small shop that wasn't well known. They let the almighty dollar cloud their judgement and are now DIRECTLY competing with Wayalife films.

Maybe we should start selling Jeep parts and go advertise on their Facebook group? :thinking:

My responses are always lame.... So I am on point!

GregMort13
11-17-2015, 04:39 AM
Case and point.

Case and point what? That we have morals here? That we feel that NR4X4 piggybacking off of eddie is wrong and you feel they did nothing wrong? As previously stated, this is a private forum. Eddie has allowed the vendors to have input and try to help customers with their products that as we all know 9 times out of 10 come with shitty directions. Share our experiences in which to buy and which to steer clear of. These are the priceless values in which this forum was created for. We could sit here and argue all day, but when it comes down to it, NR4X4 crossed a line that if i had to guess they've been approaching for a while now. We come off as assholes sometimes because people so rudely click "I Agree" and go straight to the classifieds. If someone gets hounded on one of their threads, they deserved it for being so inconsiderate to a contract they agreed to. If you get your feelings hurt here, my guess is your stay will be short lived. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

WJCO
11-17-2015, 04:42 AM

dwvninety
11-17-2015, 04:47 AM
Case and point.

Maybe you should make Expedition Portal your permanent "Jeep forum" home :boohoo:

JAGS
11-17-2015, 05:21 AM
Thanks to some shitty hotel wifi, I was only able watch about 1:45 of the vid in question this morning. Then had to hit the road. Reading Eddies first post, it's fairly easy to see what happened.

Copying creative marketing approach is VASTLY different than copying someone's creative license. Video producers are all encouraged to have there own style. If someone copied George Lucas, would that be marketing. Hell no and there is no difference here.

I'm also going to go out on a limb here and say N4x4 had no prior conversations with Eddie about the videos nor them posting here. That was stepping over the line! Eddie and Cindy are some of the nicest people I've met, but they also are firm believers in respect. Beyond what happened in the videos, that disrespect means my biz goes elsewhere.

Hot94Z28
11-17-2015, 05:27 AM
Started to watch that video, when were they going to start breaking out the American Honey?

UncensoredAggression
11-17-2015, 05:37 AM
Watched the video.....

Trail JK
11-17-2015, 06:48 AM
In lieu of Northridge4x4's recent posts promoting the videos they make and the direction in which they have chosen to take their business, I have decided to end our working relationship with them. Please note that this has absolutely nothing to do with advertising fees and if anything, I have initiated a refund for the remaining balance of their annual commitment. Fortunately, I am at a place in my life where I can choose with whom I do business and for a variety of reasons, I am choosing to no longer do business with Northridge4x4. Needless to say, you will no longer be seeing them here on WAYALIFE.

Sorry Eddie, it must suck getting disappointed by a business that you've helped let alone people who were friends.

You got it all figured out don't you Winkle... oh wait, no you don't.

To help you avoid any further bad taste we're likely not the group for you. Thanks for the valuable input though.

Tree Frog
11-17-2015, 06:49 AM
Maybe I have been drinking a little too much tonight but WTF am I missing here?

Why would a 4X4 parts and repair shop even try to get involved in the video creation business?
I have watched their videos and they are NOT a marketing tool for them. Other than a conveniently placed Northridge logo now and then.
Why not try to sell the parts they carry? Why not show how brand so and so is the shit?
Yes we all know they are a sponsor of the JKX.

No I really do understand why you Eddie and Cindy would be pissed and feel ripped off.
The video posted at the start of the day was about as close to an exact copy of the style of a Wayalife film as could possibly be produced.
Thought the same thing about the "Bucket List" film as well.
Not all videos on YouTube look like or feel like this.

So did Northridge really do the video work, edit the video then post it up? Or was this done by some other group and Northridge just sponsored it? :hmm: So why?

Too bad a style cant be copyrighted.

werks
11-17-2015, 07:02 AM
Being a newb to the site and the type of person that until I can contribute positively to technical conversations tends to do more reading than posting I can say that I have watched every one of Eddie's video's. Watching those and through them getting my first exposure to what the Jeep wayalife is all about largely contributed to my decision to buy my first Jeep a few months ago. So to say that the Wayalife video's have had an impact on my life would be an understatement! I took a look at the Northridge video in question and the first I thought that I had was "man Eddie sure does sound different in this video" lol. Then it took me all of 30-45 seconds to figure out that it was a blatant rip off of the Wayalife video format and narration style! A few minutes later I turned it off as frankly the video sucks. They can try to replicate Eddie's style but at the end of the day this stuff is an art and Eddie and Cindy have imho perfected it!

OJK12
11-17-2015, 08:54 AM
I support eddies decision, let's be honest here they have been more about pushing products on here a lot lately and most were products we all decided were just money making schemes and added no real value and people heave not been happy with a lot of the products they received being so much of it was damaged or missing parts then they start to copy Eddie and Cindy's hard work? Yeah Id drop them too, and really it doesn't matter what we think and he does not have to explain anything to us as his decisions are his to make alone.

Kriegjk
11-17-2015, 11:23 AM
I hope the two companies can work it out. Northridge has a reputation for making things right. With Mel in the video it seems like there is more to this story.

My integrity will not burn Northridge at the stake. To many years of exceeding my expectations and positive influence in the industry. At the same time I support Wayalife's right to run his company as he sees fit and protect his business. In a small industry toes often get stepped on especially by friends within that industry. Happens all the time in mine and is usually not intentional. In some cases it leads to an opportunity that wouldn't have been recognized if the incident didn't happen.

I'll probably get crucified for this but I am hoping for a resolution. I hope they are communicating behind the scene while we post our opinions. Just another perspective....

cozdude
11-17-2015, 12:16 PM
I hope the two companies can work it out. Northridge has a reputation for making things right. With Mel in the video it seems like there is more to this story.

My integrity will not burn Northridge at the stake. To many years of exceeding my expectations and positive influence in the industry. At the same time I support Wayalife's right to run his company as he sees fit and protect his business. In a small industry toes often get stepped on especially by friends within that industry. Happens all the time in mine and is usually not intentional. In some cases it leads to an opportunity that wouldn't have been recognized if the incident didn't happen.

I'll probably get crucified for this but I am hoping for a resolution. I hope they are communicating behind the scene while we post our opinions. Just another perspective....

Based off of eddies post there is not going to be a resolution. They blatantly copied there format, broke forum rules, and clearly having a business direction that Eddie doesn't support.

Kriegjk
11-17-2015, 12:23 PM
Not disputing the violations. Just have respect for both companies and hoping it can be worked out. As a business owner mistakes happen and I highly doubt it was intentional.

Edit.. I see Mel and Discount tire participating in the video and think this might be more complex. As a stated I hope they are working it out. Maybe Wayalife productions becomes involved with JKX again since there is a void...then again I don't know all the facts.

cozdude
11-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Not disputing the violations. Just have respect for both companies and hoping it can be worked out. As a business owner mistakes happen and I highly doubt it was intentional.

I highly doubt it was unintentional. Dave has known Eddie for at least 5 years and Eddie is the one that got his name out to the masses. When you have been working with someone for so long and you have been on there forum for as long as Dave has he knows the rules.

If you ask me this was a long time coming and I'm happy Eddie pulled the lever to dump them.

cozdude
11-17-2015, 12:35 PM

Edit.. I see Mel and Discount tire participating in the video and think this might be more complex. As a stated I hope they are working it out. Maybe Wayalife productions becomes involved with JKX again since there is a void...then again I don't know all the facts.

In regards to your edit, of course they are going to be in the video! It's jkx. This has everything to do with northridge and nothing to do with Mel or discount.

Kriegjk
11-17-2015, 01:03 PM
I'm just saying that I hope to see a post that Eddie is happy to bring back Northridge and they made things right. That this was a warning shot from Eddie and they are working it out. I understand the issue and recognize why the Eddie made his decision. Just a perspective from a different industry.

thardy
11-17-2015, 01:05 PM
I'm just saying that I hope to see a post that Eddie is happy to bring back Northridge and they made things right. That this was a warning shot from Eddie and they are working it out. I understand the issue and recognize why the Eddie made his decision. Just a perspective from a different industry.

I highly doubt that this post was a warning. The warning probably occurred a while ago via phone, text, email, etc. As Coz said, this was a long time coming. The decision was made, so either deal with it, or walk away.

hinrichs
11-17-2015, 01:09 PM
After rewetting the video a little this morning, watched it yesterday at work on and off so wasn't really paying attention I missed how similar it was, but now I totally get it. Dick move by north ridge for sure.

OverlanderJK
11-17-2015, 01:26 PM

You don't think it was intentional? Lol

The Nitto JKX hired heavymetalconcepts to produce videos for them and northridge went out and hired their own personal film crew to make videos. They then posted the videos here.

This is no mistake. This is northridge giving Eddie and Cindy a big "fuck you" and seeing how long they can get away with it.

Skid_Kid
11-17-2015, 01:41 PM

The Nitto JKX hired heavymetalconcepts to produce videos for them and northridge went out and hired their own personal film crew to make videos. They then posted the videos here.

This is no mistake. This is northridge giving Eddie and Cindy a big "fuck you" and seeing how long they can get away with it.

Totally agree.

Boo Hoo Northridge is gone. :tearsdrip::tearsdrip: They are just a middleman anyways. If a company has their product available on their site, buy it from them. Stop being cheap for free shipping people.

Mountainjk10
11-17-2015, 01:49 PM
I highly doubt it was unintentional. Dave has known Eddie for at least 5 years and Eddie is the one that got his name out to the masses. When you have been working with someone for so long and you have been on there forum for as long as Dave has he knows the rules.

If you ask me this was a long time coming and I'm happy Eddie pulled the lever to dump them.

I could be wrong but you might want to edit that Dave worked with Eddie not for him. That might confuse some people.

UncensoredAggression
11-17-2015, 02:06 PM
So what are the options of purchasing online? Off Road Evolution....?....? I won't give Northridge4x4 my business!

MedixJK
11-17-2015, 02:09 PM
100% behind Eddie and fully support Wayalife. I will continue and happily rep my banner proud in the PNW.
^^^^ x2. Except the PNW part lol. Time to go shopping for new decals.

Skid_Kid
11-17-2015, 02:12 PM
^^^^ x2. Except the PNW part lol. Time to go shopping for new decals.

Here you go.... http://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=DECAL-WAL-WINDSHIELD&PHPSESSID=5e6755f696d433fe9c0dc7fa97e281c1

AllAmericanInfidel
11-17-2015, 02:18 PM
So what are the options of purchasing online? Off Road Evolution....?....? I won't give Northridge4x4 my business!

From what I understand, Trail Jeeps can get most anything you need and offers a discount for Wayalife members just as Northridge did. I have not called them yet to confirm, but might be a place to look into. I am planning some mods to be completed before I move to Hawaii next summer and will be shopping around for alternate vendors as well.

MedixJK
11-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Here you go.... http://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=DECAL-WAL-WINDSHIELD&PHPSESSID=5e6755f696d433fe9c0dc7fa97e281c1

Lolol. True. I had one but took it off when i added these... btw, im pretty partial to the jeep in the feature photo ;-)

bonedaddy
11-17-2015, 03:13 PM
So... we don't get a discount anymore? :eek:

and yes, I am kidding... just incase anyone misses the sarcasm.... :brows:

rinkishjk
11-17-2015, 03:14 PM
After re watching the video I totally see how Northridge basically copied everything Eddie does for his videos, and that is really shady considering how far back they go. I thought it was weird that during the Sema coverage when I commented on the rk setup, Northridge was real quick to send me the price in a pm, which I have no intent on buying, nor did I ask for a quote.

I guess the all mighty dollar is more important.

Skid_Kid
11-17-2015, 03:15 PM
Lolol. True. I had one but took it off when i added these... btw, im pretty partial to the jeep in the feature photo ;-)

Lol! Are you now.....

MedixJK
11-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Lol! Are you now.....
Yup! These are the ones in question. Guess i could just do corner skins and drop the decals all together...

Skid_Kid
11-17-2015, 03:42 PM
Yup! These are the ones in question. Guess i could just do corner skins and drop the decals all together...

Now we are talking!

thardy
11-17-2015, 03:45 PM

Black corner skins with the white WAL fender decals! :yup:

JAGS
11-17-2015, 04:22 PM

You "respect" a company that sells jeep parts at a discount? Wayalife is a "company?"

I'm a little confused by your post. I find it impossible to respect a company. I may appreciate the values and mission of an organization that PROVES it cares about others while it looks at the bottom line. N4x4 just showed the type of organization they are when the rubber hits the road (figuratively and literally).

Thanks for clarifying this. I was thinking it was one in the same. Curious to be a fly on the wall in the Nitto camp to hear what they think of N4x4 stepping on their air hose as well???

jedg
11-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Its unfortunate to see that Northridge put the almighty dollar above friendships and long standing relationships. It was obvious in their BLATANT attempt to make their own videos which were a bit too similar to the Wayalife videos. Glad you made this decision Eddie.

I disagree. A matter of semantics I imagine, but I don't think they were similar.. rather they looked to be a poor imitation of a WAL production. I flat out miss the WAL JKX videos. Way better production quality and felt genuine.

WJCO
11-17-2015, 05:07 PM
Looks like the new videos are working out for them.

This guy will probably get labeled a douchebag as well by the Peanut Packer over there.

Torqt JK
11-17-2015, 05:16 PM

Wow, shame on you NR4x4. I was under the impression that Eddie had given them the OK to post this video. JKX as well.

How pathetic does NR look now? Can't come up with a different style to document a couple trail runs. And then use Wayalife to pimp their business. Bad idea!

10frank9
11-17-2015, 05:28 PM
I disagree. A matter of semantics I imagine, but I don't think they were similar.. rather they looked to be a poor imitation of a WAL production. I flat out miss the WAL JKX videos. Way better production quality and felt genuine.

Not sure I understand what you disagree with. Northridge is in the movie making business now and their "imitation" of Wayalife's style is a slap in the face. One that I take exception to.

So that it's not missed, Eddie chose to separate himself from them. That should speak volumes.

jedg
11-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Not sure I understand what you disagree with. Northridge is in the movie making business now and their "imitation" of Wayalife's style is a slap in the face. One that I take exception to.

So that it's not missed, Eddie chose to separate himself from them. That should speak volumes.

Yeah, it was a poor attempt at saying the Northridge video can't even be classified as SIMILAR... their video isn't even in the same league as a WAL production. It was a SHITTY imitation of a WAL production.

yeah... I suck at wording.... to me, similar = close approximation of copying something /// imitation = terrible attempt at copying something

I watched their video. I immediately didn't like the voice of the person doing it. I also felt like it was disingenuous. It missed the 'feeling' of an experience that WAL is so adept at communicating.

Kriegjk
11-17-2015, 05:58 PM
I highly doubt that this post was a warning. The warning probably occurred a while ago via phone, text, email, etc. As Coz said, this was a long time coming. The decision was made, so either deal with it, or walk away.

Lmao.. Pretty easy to walk away on this one and who has a better track record. Same drama different channel.

piginajeep
11-17-2015, 06:01 PM
Lmao.. Pretty easy to walk away on this one and who has a better track record. Same drama different channel.

Then why tune in ?

thardy
11-17-2015, 06:02 PM

Not real sure what you mean by this comment.

MR.Ty
11-17-2015, 06:13 PM

Same rhetoric, different screen name.

And you probably believe the same shit from a different forum.

Bye. :standing wave:

cozdude
11-17-2015, 11:11 PM
I could be wrong but you might want to edit that Dave worked with Eddie not for him. That might confuse some people.

Yes you are correct I meant with not for.

cozdude
11-17-2015, 11:14 PM

If this post was a warning he wouldn't have sent his money back and would have handled it differently.

MR.Ty
11-18-2015, 12:36 AM
Hey, it's yalls' forum. If you want to sit around and smell each others' farts, that's fine with me.

Then why are you still here? :thinking:

Scrambler
11-18-2015, 12:40 AM
Hey, it's yalls' forum. If you want to sit around and smell each others' farts, that's fine with me.

What the hell? Lol.

thardy
11-18-2015, 01:06 AM

Being that you haven't yet "found your Jeep forum" yet and you've been a member here for over a year, my guess is that this one isn't for you.

To top that off, the majority of your post have been to sell something. Combine that with the above comment and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you aren't someone we would want to have calling WAL their "jeep forum". Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Lance628
11-18-2015, 01:28 AM

Brent McCartney
11-18-2015, 02:28 AM
Some people think we care.

OhNoTheJiggies
11-18-2015, 03:04 AM
Messed up, bad attempt to copy the videos. Good decision though, let the fun go on without NR

WJCO
11-18-2015, 03:56 AM

10frank9
11-18-2015, 03:58 AM

174133 :yup:

dwvninety
11-18-2015, 03:59 AM

So why are you still here logged on? Move along, your not welcome here.......

piginajeep
11-18-2015, 04:17 AM
Smelling your own farts was intended as an metaphor. Preaching to the choir. Ridiculing any ideas or opinions that differ from your own etc.

So in summary: I understand why Eddie revoked their sponsorship. But in the world of fortune 50 branding, over reacting to lame copy cats usually does more harm than ignoring them.

Wayalife/project jk is a wealth of Jeep knowledge but has a tendency to find drama (Chrysler, teraflex, AEV, NR).

I'd guess there is a large segment of the internet that also likes jeeps but isn't particularly interested in a hazing user experience that rivals a YouTube comments thread. If the forum and content is actually his business, you'd think he'd be more interested in eliminating the hostile culture of the forum than lame copy cat videos.

But I know ideas that challenge your existing ideas are scary. So I'll leave y'all to it.

Here's an idea Fuck off, we don't give a shit what you have to say.

No metaphors here, hopefully that's plain enough for you to understand.

WJCO
11-18-2015, 04:17 AM
Smelling your own farts was intended as an metaphor.

:naw: Really? No way.

If the forum and content is actually his business, you'd think he'd be more interested in eliminating the hostile culture of the forum than lame copy cat videos.

It's still clear you don't get it buddy. And I think Eddie is quite happy with the culture here on the forum. Just a guess.

ldjernes
11-18-2015, 04:22 AM
From what I understand, Trail Jeeps can get most anything you need and offers a discount for Wayalife members just as Northridge did. I have not called them yet to confirm, but might be a place to look into. I am planning some mods to be completed before I move to Hawaii next summer and will be shopping around for alternate vendors as well.

Glad I read this post I was thinking about ordering some parts from north ridge but it's pretty messed up what they did. And I just got poison spyder flares from trail jeeps and my experience with them was great just figured I'd put my 2 cents in on trail jeeps.

Hot94Z28
11-18-2015, 04:23 AM
I wonder this same thing,

Also Northridge should be more worried about their business then making videos, ripping off the same people that have helped them achieve the success they currently have.

10frank9
11-18-2015, 04:24 AM
Smelling your own farts was intended as an metaphor. Preaching to the choir. Ridiculing any ideas or opinions that differ from your own etc.

So in summary: I understand why Eddie revoked their sponsorship. But in the world of fortune 50 branding, over reacting to lame copy cats usually does more harm than ignoring them.

Wayalife/project jk is a wealth of Jeep knowledge but has a tendency to find drama (Chrysler, teraflex, AEV, NR).

I'd guess there is a large segment of the internet that also likes jeeps but isn't particularly interested in a hazing user experience that rivals a YouTube comments thread. If the forum and content is actually his business, you'd think he'd be more interested in eliminating the hostile culture of the forum than lame copy cat videos.

But I know ideas that challenge your existing ideas are scary. So I'll leave y'all to it.

I can see how from behind your nice cozy desk you can sling judgement around Adam. Perhaps dealing with copyrights makes you think you have a higher sense of self worth.

Like Piginajeep said. You can go fuck yourself. Spend time elsewhere perhaps get your other nostril pierced.

10frank9
11-18-2015, 04:30 AM
I wasn't aware I had a nostril pierced.

Classic. That's all you got from that? For the record, why are you here again? Must be to preach and tell Eddie how to run a successful business.

dwvninety
11-18-2015, 04:33 AM

Please leave. You have just lost all credibility in this forum. No one from now on will believe anything you have to say.

WJCO
11-18-2015, 04:35 AM

Skid_Kid
11-18-2015, 04:36 AM

Bye Felicia...... Let me get this straight, your from Santa Monica, say ya'll (you spelled incorrectly I might add in your post) and know everything about business? Sounds like a poser to me.

JAGS
11-18-2015, 04:37 AM

So you were the one posting the marketing/branding references I take it??? How is this a comparison to fortune 50? This is about wayalife. A single owner llc. Regardless, when is ever OK in the marketing world to copy creative approach? It's not and those who accept it or are actually the one stealing are not true professionals in the spectrum.

Shitty commentary like you've been posting is what gives marketing/advertising a bad perception.

WJCO
11-18-2015, 04:38 AM
Bye Felicia...... Let me get this straight, your from Santa Monica, say ya'll (you spelled incorrectly I might add in your post) and know everything about business? Sounds like a poser to me.

And has a pierced nostril..don't forget to add that in there.

WJCO
11-18-2015, 04:42 AM

We're talking about ethics here. I believe that you're thinking business.

10frank9
11-18-2015, 04:46 AM
Yup. I get that. That's why I said I understood why he did it. Ethics are more subjective than business.

Ethics are black and white. No subjectivity when you are talking about right vs wrong.

Edit: Guess the nostril was a fun Halloween decoration.

dwvninety
11-18-2015, 04:47 AM
Does anyone have any Southern Biscuits And Gravy Flavored Chips for sale?

JAGS
11-18-2015, 04:55 AM
That's kind of the point. When Microsoft started doing ads on white to copy apple, everyone thought, "that's lame." Apple didn't have to do anything.

Eddie is a good friend so he won't take offense. Wayalife is no Apple. Nor is northridge Microsoft.

If you think apple did nothing, than you are not aware of the marketing/pr powerhouse that is apple. You must also think the apple product leaks are just good investigative journalism.

Eddie had to protect his investment and his future business opportunities. There's no big corporate lawyers here. It was the right thing to take it to the community. We are the jury.

Skid_Kid
11-18-2015, 04:57 AM
Eddie is a good friend so he won't take offense. Wayalife is no Apple. Nor is northridge Microsoft.

If you think apple did nothing, than you are not aware of the marketing/pr powerhouse that is apple. You must also think the apple product leaks are just good investigative journalism.

Eddie had to protect his investment and his future business opportunities. There's no big corporate lawyers here. It was the right thing to take it to the community. We are the jury.

Wait you mean those new iPhones found around the country are intentional? [emoji12]

JAGS
11-18-2015, 05:02 AM
Wait you mean those new iPhones found around the country are intentional? [emoji12]

Lol. Totally accidents. [emoji12] People get it now, but for years it was brilliant.

Sharkey
11-18-2015, 05:04 AM

You sound really important. Are you sure you aren't an engineer?

stangbuster
11-18-2015, 05:08 AM
Yes Eddie makes great videos, in fact he can't make enough videos fast enough to keep our jeep video addictions subdued. "Not enough time in the day" so they say...

I feel there is Much More going on in this whole situation than we can realize. I would bet that there has recently been some kind of conflict, business or otherwise, between the decision makers within the multiple parties this situation really involves. This surely isn't just Dave over at NR4x4 making a decision off the cuff to produce and post this video.

For real though, theres more to this situation or Eddie would be posting to this thread I believe.

Anyway enough rambling...
I for one am ok with the video itself, it gives me more jeep videos to watch. Selfish, yes.
But Jeep or otherwise, the format of a narrators commentary and music over-layed onto a bunch of awesomely filmed, cut and arranged video clips, isn't a new film/video format. Eddie and Cindy just do it better than most people so their films/videos are looked to as the "Golden Standard" that all jeep video productions aspire to be.

Keep up the good work making awesome videos Eddie!!! We're all waiting for the next one to come out, like always.

mds22
11-18-2015, 05:08 AM
That's kind of the point. When Microsoft started doing ads on white to copy apple, everyone thought, "that's lame." Apple didn't have to do anything..

They also didn't do business with Microsoft or allow Microsoft to advertise on Apple sites. You are really showing your ignorance

'ol Blue
11-18-2015, 05:17 AM

Seriously this guy makes a good point.

Skid_Kid
11-18-2015, 05:20 AM

Welcome to WAYALIFE......

dwvninety
11-18-2015, 05:32 AM

Welcome to WAL

Bradlybob
11-18-2015, 05:47 AM
So a paying advertiser and vendor cant post a video advertising the parts they sell and fun they are having on a run? I honestly thought the video had more of a "expedition Overland" feel to it vs. a Wayalife film.

I was thinking the same thing, totally sounds like an Expedition Overland video, not a WOL vid.

Sharkey
11-18-2015, 06:11 AM
I was thinking the same thing, totally sounds like an Expedition Overland video, not a WOL vid.

Welcome to Wayalife.

Seems like some of you are completely missing the point. The quality and style of the videos is largely irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is that a retailer is now making videos through a "professional" crew, and is pimping those videos on this site.

As a friend of mine recently said, it's like renting a room in your buddy's house and fucking his wife while you are there.

stangbuster
11-18-2015, 06:34 AM
Welcome to Wayalife.

Seems like some of you are completely missing the point. The quality and style of the videos is largely irrelevant. What is relevant, however, is that a retailer is now making videos through a "professional" crew, and is pimping those videos on this site.

As a friend of mine recently said, it's like renting a room in your buddy's house and fucking his wife while you are there.

More Videos In General=More Clicks=More Money for Everyone.

For an experiment go to the video in question on Youtube and see how many Wayalife videos are being promoted to the right side of the screen as your suggested videos. I counted 3 the first time I looked. Seems like the situation would be mutually beneficial.

If I'm missing something Please let me know, but it would seem as though this is personal in some way...

Trail JK
11-18-2015, 06:43 AM

When I said, thanks for your valuable input though it was a metaphor for a parting handshake.

And when I thought you left it already started smelling better in here.

Sharkey
11-18-2015, 07:32 AM
More Videos In General=More Clicks=More Money for Everyone.

For an experiment go to the video in question on Youtube and see how many Wayalife videos are being promoted to the right side of the screen as your suggested videos. I counted 3 the first time I looked. Seems like the situation would be mutually beneficial.

If I'm missing something Please let me know, but it would seem as though this is personal in some way...

:nah: You are missing a lot but something tells me me nothing I say is going to change that fact. If you need an explanation as to why going into someone else's home and taking food off their table is wrong, then your moral compass is beyond repair.

Hot94Z28
11-18-2015, 10:31 AM
:nah: You are missing a lot but something tells me me nothing I say is going to change that fact. If you need an explanation as to why going into someone else's home and taking food off their table is wrong, then your moral compass is beyond repair.

I might be able to put this in a phrase this dude can understand,

Northridge strait up pissed in Eddies Cheerios.

Lance628
11-18-2015, 10:38 AM

thardy
11-18-2015, 11:30 AM
I had a feeling this post was going to pull some out from under their bridge, and it didn't disappoint.

As I stated before, Eddie has made his decision and there's nothing any of us are going to say to change that. So either accept it and go about your day, or sign off and don't come back.

mds22
11-18-2015, 12:57 PM
As I stated before, Eddie has made his decision and there's nothing any of us are going to say to change that. So either accept it and go about your day, or sign off and don't come back.

^^^^ TRUTH.
I just can't believe someone is saying it should have been (should be) handled any differently. I'm not sure what industry these people work in, but it obvious they are not in decision making roles. There is not a corporation in America that would allowed this and not have done what eddie did. I thought he acted like a stand up guy in his explanation, something most companies probably wouldn't have.

MedixJK
11-18-2015, 01:10 PM
Im really not seeing the point in people pushing their opinion on this topic. When you boil it down, its Eddies ship, and if you dont like the way he sails it, get off of the fucking boat. Its nobodys business but Eddies...

TheFett
11-18-2015, 01:12 PM
Ok after reading this post through and through I had to go watch the videos again and it took me 1sec to realize what a dick move this was by N4x4! I'm not claiming to be smarter than a 5th grader but I think I can I'm of average intelligence [emoji57]

I have bought a handful of things over the years from N4x4, and have to say the experience was a good one! But that will now be over.

When you can easily & blatantly disrespect people you are closer to and have know for FAR more years than myself, how can I feel confident you actually care or would give me sound advice!

Good job Eddie, took care of business in a Professional manner. A LOT more than can be said about N4x4!

JK LYF
11-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Im really not seeing the point in people pushing their opinion on this topic. When you boil it down, its Eddies ship, and if you dont like the way he sails it, get off of the fucking boat. Its nobodys business but Eddies...

Well stated....Eddie has the right to do as he sees fit. Either support Eddie and this forum or sign off....

TheFett
11-18-2015, 01:39 PM
Well stated....Eddie has the right to do as he sees fit. Either support Eddie and this forum or sign off....

[emoji106]🏻[emoji482]

lidless07X
11-18-2015, 04:58 PM
I didn't realize the videos were such a big part of WOL. This post actually started me watching them.

I have followed Eddie's forums since 2006. The relationship between him and NR 4X4 has been a very long one that undoubtedly was beneficial for both sides at least up until this point.

Sometimes businesses go in different directions and it becomes time to part ways. I have been in this situation several times as a business owner and it's never fun for either side because there will always be those who choose sides based on who they were already closest to and what they think they know.

I appreciate all that Eddie, Cindy, the sponsors, and members have done to promote JK ownership and experiences. I have built two JKs with NR and I am currently building another with them. I guess you could say I got all my knowledge from Eddie's forums and all my parts from NR. I will continue to support both.

I hope both parties can civil and professional to each other.

steep-n-deep
11-18-2015, 05:07 PM
I have a hard time believing that you have followed eddies forums since 2006 and didn't realize videos were a big part of WOL????!

piginajeep
11-18-2015, 05:21 PM
I have a hard time believing that you have followed eddies forums since 2006 and didn't realize videos were a big part of WOL????!

I actually remember his screen name. So yes he's been around awhile.

I'm not sure why he doesn't realize it's a big part. The videos have been going as long as the forums ..

lidless07X
11-18-2015, 05:26 PM

I don't watch television either. Is that hard for you to believe?

Is it your intention to derail the thread based on my personal habits ?

I would prefer to stick to the subject at hand if that's okay with you ?

piginajeep
11-18-2015, 05:31 PM

Lol, you might not watch TV, but it was all over the forums. From trail rides to love SEMA coverage !!

WJCO
11-18-2015, 05:40 PM

TJ4fun
11-18-2015, 05:42 PM
MedixJK, your words say it all.

cozdude
11-18-2015, 08:30 PM
I didn't realize the videos were such a big part of WOL. This post actually started me watching them.

I have followed Eddie's forums since 2006. The relationship between him and NR 4X4 has been a very long one that undoubtedly was beneficial for both sides at least up until this point.

Sometimes businesses go in different directions and it becomes time to part ways. I have been in this situation several times as a business owner and it's never fun for either side because there will always be those who choose sides based on who they were already closest to and what they think they know.

I appreciate all that Eddie, Cindy, the sponsors, and members have done to promote JK ownership and experiences. I have built two JKs with NR and I am currently building another with them. I guess you could say I got all my knowledge from Eddie's forums and all my parts from NR. I will continue to support both.

I hope both parties can civil and professional to each other.

Honestly I don't see them ever working together in any form anymore after this. As I stated earlier this was a long time coming and this video was the nail in the coffin. Northridge hasn't gotten any of my business in a while now and they certainly will not after this. I'm just gonna keep referring people to trail jeeps and keep ordering from them. Plus it's always nice just to call over and talk to Tim about new builds they got going on.

mudmobeeler
11-18-2015, 08:40 PM

To the plank with you! Lol.

lidless07X
11-18-2015, 09:27 PM
Lol, you might not watch TV, but it was all over the forums. From trail rides to love SEMA coverage !!

I have to admit, I may have peaked at the SEMA coverage ones LOL

lidless07X
11-18-2015, 09:45 PM

Was this a stab at me ? I must be a special kind of stupid because I fail to see where it was funny. Kinda like when the one person in a group says something they think is funny but none of their friends laugh.

You having 1,000+ posts in two months indicates you have no life. Now that is funny. Please take your WJ back to the shopping center and hang out with the ricers. All your stupid posts are burning up all the data on your parent's phone plan.

cozdude
11-18-2015, 09:55 PM
Was this a stab at me ? I must be a special kind of stupid because I fail to see where it was funny. Kinda like when the one person in a group says something they think is funny but none of their friends laugh.

You having 1,000+ posts in two months indicates you have no life. Now that is funny. Please take your WJ back to the shopping center and hang out with the ricers. All your stupid posts are burning up all the data on your parent's phone plan.

you don't have a funny bone then cause that pic is funny lol

it means he has some good info to spread as well as knows how to have fun with jokes and memes like what you quoted. as for as his wj goes we like all jeeps here. the ricers are reserved for the hondas

Sharkey
11-18-2015, 09:59 PM

I have built two JKs with NR and I am currently building another with them. I guess you could say I got all my knowledge from Eddie's forums and all my parts from NR. I will continue to support both.

That is certainly your prerogative. Me? Well, my tolerance for having stuff shipped to the wrong address, shipped with missing parts, and shipped in a beat up condition disappeared long before Eddie's most recent business decision. I also got pretty tired of recommending people to NR only to have them come back to me and explain how they were upsold parts they didn't need, or flat out sold parts that would not work with their builds.

There are certain things more important to me than price, and even if that was not the case, finding prices comparable to NR really isn't that hard...finding better service is easy (at least it has been for me.)

lidless07X
11-18-2015, 10:12 PM
That is certainly your prerogative. Me? Well, my tolerance for having stuff shipped to the wrong address, shipped with missing parts, and shipped in a beat up condition disappeared long before Eddie's most recent business decision. I also got pretty tired of recommending people to NR only to have them come back to me and explain how they were upsold parts they didn't need, or flat out sold parts that would not work with their builds.

There are certain things more important to me than price, and even if that was not the case, finding prices comparable to NR really isn't that hard...finding better service is easy (at least it has been for me.)

That's the complete opposite of my experience.

My experiences have been exceptional. So much so that, even though I am on the complete opposite end of the country from Washington, I still order the majority of my parts from them. I'm willing to wait for the parts even though I know I can get them faster from someone on the east coast. My "builds" are really just bolt on stuff that don't include any real fab work or complicated suspensions so maybe that's why our experiences have been different.

MR.Ty
11-18-2015, 10:38 PM
That's the complete opposite of my experience.

My experiences have been exceptional. So much so that, even though I am on the complete opposite end of the country from Washington, I still order the majority of my parts from them. I'm willing to wait for the parts even though I know I can get them faster from someone on the east coast. My "builds" are really just bolt on stuff that don't include any real fab work or complicated suspensions so maybe that's why our experiences have been different.

I suggest you shop around more next time you are looking to purchase a new part. You'll find that many companies will beat the service and price of NR. They also won't get pissy if you don't think their service is up to standards like NR will.

WJCO
11-18-2015, 10:42 PM

Ouch. That one cut deep.

Lance628
11-18-2015, 10:50 PM
Ouch. That one cut deep.

I bet your super sad now huh lol

WJCO
11-18-2015, 10:53 PM
I bet your super sad now huh lol

Lol. And if you go back and read the posts, he jumped on steep-n-deep for no big deal, that's why I posted the meme ! Poor guy must really have a 'case of the mondays' cause it sure set him off.

Lance628
11-18-2015, 11:03 PM
Lol. And if you go back and read the posts, he jumped on steep-n-deep for no big deal, that's why I posted the meme ! Poor guy must really have a 'case of the mondays' cause it sure set him off.

I think this is more his situation

Sharkey
11-18-2015, 11:04 PM
My "builds" are really just bolt on stuff that don't include any real fab work or complicated suspensions so maybe that's why our experiences have been different.

Not at all. I'm talking about things like simple bolt-on lift/wheel combinations, lights and bumpers, sport cages, driveshafts, etc. Basically all run of the mill, off the shelf stuff. Maybe my friends and I just have really bad luck. :idontknow:

lidless07X
11-19-2015, 12:51 AM
Not at all. I'm talking about things like simple bolt-on lift/wheel combinations, lights and bumpers, sport cages, driveshafts, etc. Basically all run of the mill, off the shelf stuff. Maybe my friends and I just have really bad luck. :idontknow:

Fair enough.

lidless07X
11-19-2015, 12:57 AM

I think this is more his situation

If I had feelings, they would be really hurt now.

MR.Ty
11-19-2015, 01:08 AM

:cheesy: OMFG You really just typed that!

WJCO
11-19-2015, 01:10 AM
Back. Looks like I didn't miss much here. Sorry I was down in my parents basement selling Honda parts online on their dime.

Lance628
11-19-2015, 01:12 AM
Back. Looks like I didn't miss much here. Sorry I was down in my parents basement selling Honda parts online on their dime.

You got anything left I need some neon underglows

Lance628
11-19-2015, 01:15 AM

WJCO
11-19-2015, 01:20 AM
You got anything left I need some neon underglows

I'll ship them right out. Keep writing me. I gotta get my post count up higher.

Texas Nick
11-19-2015, 01:22 AM
Ouch. That one cut deep.

:cheesy::cheesy:

Sharkey
11-19-2015, 01:35 AM
Sorry I was down in my parents basement selling Honda parts online on their dime.

Dave, is that you? Did you time warp from 2007?

Lance628
11-19-2015, 01:37 AM

I'll help you out man I know nothing is more important then post count

GregMort13
11-19-2015, 01:54 AM

WJCO
11-19-2015, 01:55 AM

Yep. 1 more on the post count.

WJCO
11-19-2015, 01:55 AM

Thanks. 1 more down.

WJCO
11-19-2015, 01:56 AM

:cheesy: Those are both awesome!

Lance628
11-19-2015, 02:01 AM

Trail Bud
11-19-2015, 02:02 AM
Eddie I agree with your decision. From what they're doing now is not what they started out doing.
Keep up the good work that you do.

WJCO
11-19-2015, 02:25 AM

That's funny. LOL.

Jeepnboy
11-19-2015, 02:38 AM
What a shame.... After an extended break from Eddie and his games, I login to give him a second shot as I think he has (had) the ability to be a positive influence on the sport. I completely disagreed with the way he ran Jk-forum and needed a break. Now the second thread I tap on shows it is starting all over again. So sad. Time for another break...

And watch, I will be given points, this post will be deleted or even removed for stating the obvious.

Trail Bud
11-19-2015, 02:42 AM
What a shame.... After an extended break from Eddie and his games, I login to give him a second shot as I think he has (had) the ability to be a positive influence on the sport. I completely disagreed with the way he ran Jk-forum and needed a break. Now the second thread I tap on shows it is starting all over again. So sad. Time for another break...

And watch, I will be given points, this post will be deleted or even removed for stating the obvious.

Your a fucking idiot!!
Who gives a shit what you say as you wonder though.
Do everyone a favor and leave again.

Frogmech
11-19-2015, 02:45 AM

I guess you can get back to that break starting about right now then.

MR.Ty
11-19-2015, 02:45 AM

LOL! Nah, you and your post are now immortalized on WAL.

Why does it matter to you how Eddie runs his forum?

Welcome to WAL btw. :crazyeyes:

piginajeep
11-19-2015, 02:46 AM

please don't give us a third chance I don't want to hear you cry again. Please log off and fuck off all at once.

MedixJK
11-19-2015, 02:48 AM

Welcome to Wayalife..

Lance628
11-19-2015, 02:49 AM

WJCO
11-19-2015, 02:50 AM

Seriously dude? It's obvious you've been quite bitter since you were last here. Move on.

MedixJK
11-19-2015, 02:52 AM
I know Frank would be disappointed to know i lost all my memes when my phone broke, and ive yet to recover.... The asshats that keep popping up in this thread would make perfect chances to use them.

Lance628
11-19-2015, 02:55 AM

This one is for your benifit medixjk

10frank9
11-19-2015, 03:14 AM

First post? Welcome and go fuck yourself. Nothing will be deleted you're just a troll with an agenda.

I know Frank would be disappointed to know i lost all my memes when my phone broke, and ive yet to recover.... The asshats that keep popping up in this thread would make perfect chances to use them.

It's like I don't even know you anymore..... :grayno:

Robar
11-19-2015, 03:15 AM

Who the fuck are you? Now go away! Please give us a very long break this time.

WJCO
11-19-2015, 03:19 AM

This guy's not even responding. He clearly just came here to start shit and left. Wow, what a jackass.

OverlanderJK
11-19-2015, 07:48 AM

:cheesy: Now that is the best post in this thread aside from the original post.

Hot94Z28
11-19-2015, 10:38 AM
To the douche that does not like it here,

Hot94Z28
11-19-2015, 10:41 AM
And another meme I thought fitting,

10frank9
11-19-2015, 04:24 PM
This guy's not even responding. He clearly just came here to start shit and left. Wow, what a jackass.

Well he changed his email address so he effectively locked himself out of the site. Unless he truly has an email account at "nothanks.com" I doubt he can verify it so he can login. :idontknow: What a dumbass.

rinkishjk
11-19-2015, 05:14 PM
Please log off and fuck off all at once.

Lmao!!! :D

Petthefish
11-19-2015, 05:21 PM
Good for you Eddie!

WJCO
11-19-2015, 05:32 PM

Love the new avatar! That is Great!

Edit: Avatar for Jeepnboy is on page 18.

CraigRubiconLuebbers
11-19-2015, 06:29 PM
What can I say...I did not know about Trail Jeeps until I got an email about a sale from wayalife, so if your in Colorado or near Colorado and need parts these are the guys to go to. They were having a sweet sale and I have been looking for a lift for my JK Two door Rubicon. They not only had the best price on the EVO pro enforcer coil over there, customer service was off the chart. Not only did they sell me only what I needed but talked me out of the things that I didn't need. They are a no BS shop that knows what they are doing and the only shop that I will buy parts from or get my jeep worked on. Tim and Wes know Jeeps.

cozdude
11-19-2015, 07:03 PM
What can I say...I did not know about Trail Jeeps until I got an email about a sale from wayalife, so if your in Colorado or near Colorado and need parts these are the guys to go to. They were having a sweet sale and I have been looking for a lift for my JK Two door Rubicon. They not only had the best price on the EVO pro enforcer coil over there, customer service was off the chart. Not only did they sell me only what I needed but talked me out of the things that I didn't need. They are a no BS shop that knows what they are doing and the only shop that I will buy parts from or get my jeep worked on. Tim and Wes know Jeeps.

Yea Tim and Wes are great!! I have worked with them many times now! As I mentioned earlier in the thread I call Tim just to BS and to see what's going on at the shop. He is a good guy

10frank9
11-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Trail Jeeps will be my new go-to for parts. So long as they don't forget where they came from and don't piss on their "friends."

hinrichs
11-19-2015, 07:32 PM
I have yet to buy from trail jeeps, but deff will in the future, just wish they had a website. Im spoiled I know.

DMF
11-19-2015, 07:39 PM

Before this thread, I refer my friend to Northridge and his first order came with missing parts. This was early last week.

mudmobeeler
11-19-2015, 08:42 PM
I have yet to buy from trail jeeps, but deff will in the future, just wish they had a website. Im spoiled I know.

Yeah, I wish they would change their website to suit me also. Lol. Seriously though, I do wish you could look at more items on there.

cozdude
11-19-2015, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I wish they would change their website to suit me also. Lol. Seriously though, I do wish you could look at more items on there.

Just call and talk to Tim. He will tell you everything they carry and if you have any build questions he can give you some ideas on what to do as well.

Linebacker
11-19-2015, 08:49 PM
Ok, I admit I'm a little slow on the uptake here. I made a bad assumption the last Northridge JKX was produced with the blessings of Cindy & Eddie.:doh: Good business ethics dictate nothing less. Sorry to hear the ongoing JKX vids are essentially pirated knockoffs. They were improving but I won't miss them given the circumstances. As far as the other major JKX participating sponsors, that will play out with time. I'd be pissed to.

OverlanderJK
11-19-2015, 08:57 PM
Ok, I admit I'm a little slow on the uptake here. I made a bad assumption the last Northridge JKX was produced with the blessings of Cindy & Eddie.:doh: Good business ethics dictate nothing less. Sorry to hear the ongoing JKX vids are essentially pirated knockoffs. They were improving but I won't miss them given the circumstances. As far as the other major JKX participating sponsors, that will play out with time. I'd be pissed to.

This really has nothing to do with JKX. It has to do with Northridge using Eddie's forum to pimp their videos. That's all there is to it. Not the quality, not the event, not the style, just the fact they are using Eddie to pimp themselves.

Linebacker
11-19-2015, 09:02 PM
This really has nothing to do with JKX. It has to do with Northridge using Eddie's forum to pimp their videos. That's all there is to it. Not the quality, not the event, not the style, just the fact they are using Eddie to pimp themselves.

Got it. I've only seen their JKX vids so figured that was what it was about. Either way it's a good move.

mudmobeeler
11-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Just call and talk to Tim. He will tell you everything they carry and if you have any build questions he can give you some ideas on what to do as well.

Yeah I'll have to. The only issue right now is money! Lol.

cozdude
11-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Yeah I'll have to. The only issue right now is money! Lol.

Lol well you can still call and plan stuff out. No need to order same day

CrazyDuck
11-19-2015, 11:07 PM
Just looked NR4x4 up on YouTube and man they really tried to be like Eddie and Cindy on there video. It's just not the same. They sound phony and scripted.

RedDawg01
11-20-2015, 12:21 AM
Learning about what happened and watching the video I can't believe I bought my bumper and level kit from them. I feel like I helped support people pretending to be what they really aren't - a stand up company.

T&ERun
11-20-2015, 02:08 AM
Why didn't Eddie do the filmography of this year's JKX anyway? He's always done it in the past and did a great job with it.

crowrb29
11-20-2015, 02:17 AM
It was a shitty video. I didn't read all this stuff until after I watched it. Definitely a rip off. It also didn't really cover anything about the trail that they were on, just glimpses. Which sucks because I grew up in South Dakota and wanted to see hi def wheeling in the Black Hills.

The thing I liked the most about the previous JKX videos and all of the WAL videos is how in depth they go and the sheer volume of footage. Very disappointed in this video for multiple reasons.

MR.Ty
11-20-2015, 10:38 AM
Why didn't Eddie do the filmography of this year's JKX anyway? He's always done it in the past and did a great job with it.

Can you imagine having to drive all across the US, with nothing but one or two cameras, fliming it all yourselves while wheeling. Then having to edit and post it before the next one? Not to mention, doing it all for free? I'm guessing that's why they opted to not participate in this year JKX that was spead out over three different locations.

Eddie and Cindy always put out top quality videos and they put them out for free. They do that because they have a passion for what they do. Unlike NR who only cares about the dollar. That evidence is in their worthless videos and they will never see a dime from me again.

Hot94Z28
11-20-2015, 10:45 AM
Can you imagine having to drive all across the US, with nothing but one or two cameras, fliming it all yourselves while wheeling. Then having to edit and post it before the next one? Not to mention, doing it all for free? I'm guessing that's why they opted to not participate in this year JKX that was spead out over three different locations.

Eddie and Cindy always put out top quality videos and they put them out for free. They do that because they have a passion for what they do. Unlike NR who only cares about the dollar. That evidence is in their worthless videos and they will never see a dime from me again.

Eddie and Cindy's videos are definitely the BEST Jeep JK videos that show what these machines can do, and the way of life that goes along with it.

I will say I have purchased almost all my mods from Northridge, now I plan on looking elsewhere for the next mods I want to do, it is a shame as they use to be a really good place to purchase mods. The last couple things I have ordered from there have been missing or have broken items when received. It's a damn shame it really is.

cozdude
11-20-2015, 12:50 PM

What Mr.Ty said. Eddie and Cindy decided not to do jkx because it was now a 3 part event and would take away from doing what they love which is explore. This would me they wouldn't be able to drive around and get these sick shots of the arrows, do another WAL rubicon run, end of summer camping trip, and so on and so on.

TLC Offroad
11-20-2015, 02:59 PM
I called and Talked to Tim yesterday at Trail Jeeps and will be ordering both front and rear bumpers plus the tire carrier from them today. Tim was very helpful on the phone helping Me out with everything. I will be buying a lot more stuff from them here soon. A Winch is next on the list, but I had to do a little at a time so the wife did not kill Me :brows:

piginajeep
11-20-2015, 04:33 PM

Oh, it's safe to say stealing his style and then pumping it on the forum was a big reason to give him the kick.

#getyourfactsstraightasshole

Sharkey
11-20-2015, 05:03 PM
Oh, it's safe to say stealing his style and then pimping it on the forum was a big reason to give him the kick.

#getyourfactsstraightasshole

#fixeditforyouasshole

dirtlimo
11-20-2015, 05:41 PM
While I can fully understand why Eddie has chosen this path, Iím going to stick with NR.

I get the video argument; they are a step down in quality. Over time I would assume they will get better and branch of in their own creative direction. But I can see why for the 1st videos they emulated Eddie, they are outstanding. And imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Iím sure TJís is a great shop, but I have built a level of trust with Oliver and Tim at the CO store.
They have never messed up on my order, or tried to upsell me. In fact, they have down sold me which was a huge surprise, but greatly appreciated. They even assist in picking up my Jeep and then they bring it back that night when finished, which to me is excellent customer service.

Not trying to engage in a pissing contest here, just stating my own personal experience with NR.

:beer:

HoosierWolf
11-20-2015, 05:43 PM
It was a shitty video. I didn't read all this stuff until after I watched it. Definitely a rip off. It also didn't really cover anything about the trail that they were on, just glimpses. Which sucks because I grew up in South Dakota and wanted to see hi def wheeling in the Black Hills.

The thing I liked the most about the previous JKX videos and all of the WAL videos is how in depth they go and the sheer volume of footage. Very disappointed in this video for multiple reasons.

This! and I'm not saying this to pump up Eddie and Cindy. The video was pretty shitty (and it was very obviously a really bad attempt at copying the style of their videos.)

Half way through the Northridge video I was thinking "So, will there be actually off roading in your off roading video?"

cozdude
11-20-2015, 05:56 PM
While I can fully understand why Eddie has chosen this path, Iím going to stick with NR.

I get the video argument; they are a step down in quality. Over time I would assume they will get better and branch of in their own creative direction. But I can see why for the 1st videos they emulated Eddie, they are outstanding. And imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Iím sure TJís is a great shop, but I have built a level of trust with Oliver and Tim at the CO store.
They have never messed up on my order, or tried to upsell me. In fact, they have down sold me which was a huge surprise, but greatly appreciated. They even assist in picking up my Jeep and then they bring it back that night when finished, which to me is excellent customer service.

Not trying to engage in a pissing contest here, just stating my own personal experience with NR.

:beer:

Your missing the point of why they are no longer a vendor here. They ripped off eddies style AND used his forum to pimp there "new format". I'm sure Eddie is not flattered at all by this. If he was they might still be here.

As for customer service no one is asking you to switch but many people, like myself, have already switched and will switch due to this as this is the last straw for some. A lot of us constantly get shipped with missing parts, no shipping info, etc.

Hot94Z28
11-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Your missing the point of why they are no longer a vendor here. They ripped off eddies style AND used his forum to pimp there "new format". I'm sure Eddie is not flattered at all by this. If he was they might still be here.

As for customer service no one is asking you to switch but many people, like myself, have already switched and will switch due to this as this is the last straw for some. A lot of us constantly get shipped with missing parts, no shipping info, etc.

Come to think of it most of my orders have had something going on with it. My lift was missing the bump stops, and my last order one of the Rancho shocks was missing the adjustment knob. And the boxes that came when I did my rear bumper and tire carrier looked like they had been thrown down the stairs.

I will say they always fixed the issues but I would think orders should be checked as I don't think the carrier damaged all those packages I received messed up.

MR.Ty
11-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Come to think of it most of my orders have had something going on with it. My lift was missing the bump stops, and my last order one of the Rancho shocks was missing the adjustment knob. And the boxes that came when I did my rear bumper and tire carrier looked like they had been thrown down the stairs.

I will say they always fixed the issues but I would think orders should be checked as I don't think the carrier damaged all those packages I received messed up.

Little shit like that would drive me crazy.

Sudz
11-20-2015, 09:59 PM
what's next?

NR4X4 shot glasses :shakinghead:

trailraider
11-20-2015, 10:03 PM

sounds like 4WP too. always screwing sh!t up.

cozdude
11-21-2015, 12:51 AM
sounds like 4WP too. always screwing sh!t up.

Sounds like they are on the same level now

T&ERun
11-21-2015, 01:37 AM
I love how you guys are now saying NR this, NR that. Before this went down, NR was THE shop to get parts. Never a problem with orders, great service, no complaints etc. I know you're backing Eddie, but c'mon. Don't say the reason you're switching is because of bad service because as of last week no problems with NR, at least none posted. I've had zero issues with NR and will continue to shop there because my experience has been next to perfect, actually for that matter I can't think of a single problem with them. On the other hand, if NR was pimping themselves on here I don't blame Eddie one bit. It does say in the rules to not promote your business on this site. I will still follow this site and advice from Eddie and will also buy from NR and other shops as well.

Lance628
11-21-2015, 01:42 AM
I love how you guys are now saying NR this, NR that. Before this went down, NR was THE shop to get parts. Never a problem with orders, great service, no complaints etc. I know you're backing Eddie, but c'mon. Don't say the reason you're switching is because of bad service because as of last week no problems with NR, at least none posted. I've had zero issues with NR and will continue to shop there because my experience has been next to perfect, actually for that matter I can't think of a single problem with them. On the other hand, if NR was pimping themselves on here I don't blame Eddie one bit. It does say in the rules to not promote your business on this site. I will still follow this site and advice from Eddie and will also buy from NR and other shops as well.

Yea I gotta say your def wrong about that when I bought my prorock a lot of guys advised against getting it from them for the reasons you say don't exist

piginajeep
11-21-2015, 02:09 AM

Did you use the search button before you posted? You should try it ;)

MedixJK
11-21-2015, 02:39 AM

Who exactly are "you guys" ? I never bought a single part from NR until i joined here. I decided to buy from them because they supported the forum. I no longer feel the need to uphold that mindset. Easy decision.

cozdude
11-21-2015, 03:25 AM
Who exactly are "you guys" ? I never bought a single part from NR until i joined here. I decided to buy from them because they supported the forum. I no longer feel the need to uphold that mindset. Easy decision.

I think a lot of people can say that Matt but are to afraid to come out and say it. Thanks for being honest about it.

thardy
11-21-2015, 04:39 AM

I think a lot of people can say that Matt but are to afraid to come out and say it. Thanks for being honest about it.

I'm definitely in the same boat as Matt here. Did not know NR existed before the forum. Whenever I have something to throw money at again, NR will not be getting my business due to their actions here, as well as experiences I had on the last couple of orders I made.

10frank9
11-21-2015, 04:45 AM

This forum is littered with people talking about missing or wrong parts or piece-mealed shipments. The even shipped some dude the wrong axle sleeves and the asshole installed and welded them in without checking them first.

Bottom line is I value honor and integrity above free shipping. THAT is why I will not be using Northridge anymore.

JAGS
11-21-2015, 05:47 AM
For those wondering about the history of N4x4 and ordering from this site, just ask sharkey. Lol.

I think you'll find hit and miss issues from the beginning. People turned a blind eye because they supported this site. People ordered because we wanted to support those who supported this site.

There are other shops and companies (or just order direct) and you can get the same discount north ridge was giving.

Sharkey
11-21-2015, 07:25 AM
I love how you guys are now saying NR this, NR that. Before this went down, NR was THE shop to get parts. Never a problem with orders, great service, no complaints etc. I know you're backing Eddie, but c'mon. Don't say the reason you're switching is because of bad service because as of last week no problems with NR, at least none posted.

:cheesy::cheesy: That's some funny shit right there.

qwasin
11-21-2015, 11:35 AM
So now that northridge is gone can we be more politically incorrect about the 30 spline prorocks they are selling?

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?30270-Conflicting-info-from-wayalife-vendors-regarding-dynatrac-prorock-44

MR.Ty
11-21-2015, 11:51 AM
So now that northridge is gone can we be more politically incorrect about the 30 spline prorocks they are selling?

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?30270-Conflicting-info-from-wayalife-vendors-regarding-dynatrac-prorock-44

They wanted to sell you the shit that they could make the most money off of.

OverlanderJK
11-22-2015, 01:13 AM

You are dumb. I can see why you like northridge.

10frank9
11-22-2015, 04:09 AM
Oh Northridge doesn't fuck up orders ALL the time? 174691

T&ERun
11-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Love it. I buy from Quadratec also LOL. I know though, dumb decision there too, sorry.

Keep them coming

Grubbicon
11-22-2015, 06:41 PM
And the boxes that came when I did my rear bumper and tire carrier looked like they had been thrown down the stairs.

Im not so sure its fair to blame that on NR4x4. That could very well be the shipping company.

EDIT: Should of read the bottom part lol

DRTYRAT30
11-22-2015, 07:04 PM
Not trying to bash but this has been my recent experience with NR4x4. They had Ace bumper month in September with a decent deal on a set front and rear bumpers with Tire swing and LEDs. So I ordered middle of September. Now it's almost end of November and I still haven't got all my order. They blame the vendors for delay.. Well then don't put on a promotion with zero inventory and over 9 weeks out on shipping. I also have spent well over $5k with them in last 6 months. Time to find another store..

naysjp
11-22-2015, 09:50 PM

I came from TJ world so I already had a place to buy TJ stuff. I purchased 2 items from them for the JK and only heard of the place from the forum as well. I'll reserve my comments since I purchased so little.

Thx1158
11-24-2015, 12:38 AM
They got my order right and corrected an issue I had with a second order before it shipped. That's just my experience with them. I did find them through this forum.

10frank9
11-24-2015, 03:09 AM
Look I understand some people enjoy themselves some Northridge, but this thread is to point out the fact they were removed as a vendor here for various reasons. Let's not forget they made a wannabe WAL video then tried to pimp it here. :rolleyes:

Please standby I will be posting the 10Frank9 4x4 Black Friday specials on Northridge's Facebook page! Exclusive deals on all things EVO, PSC and KMC Slabs!!!

Cencal
11-24-2015, 07:05 AM
I'm a little confused.
Everyone keeps talking about how much this forum "helped" them.

Am I wrong in thinking that NR paid to be here?

As a business why not cut out the middle man.

Why pay someone else to do what I can do myself for less?

It's just business no?

Sharkey
11-24-2015, 07:29 AM
I'm a little confused.
Everyone keeps talking about how much this forum "helped" them.

Am I wrong in thinking that NR paid to be here?

As a business why not cut out the middle man.

Why pay someone else to do what I can do myself for less?

It's just business no?

I'm guessing you haven't been around the Jeep JK world for a long time.

Cencal
11-24-2015, 07:34 AM
Long enough.

I love the videos Eddie produces

I see the similarities

But to me they're similar but not at all the same.

Bottom line is business is business.

I dgaf about NR but I can see both sides.

JokerJKU
11-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Please standby I will be posting the 10Frank9 4x4 Black Friday specials on Northridge's Facebook page! Exclusive deals on all things EVO, PSC and KMC Slabs!!!

You're a paid advertiser on Northridge's facebook page? Otherwise, you're absolutely comparing apples to oranges.

Eddie absolutely has the right to remove a sponsor that is advertising in a manner he doesn't support, but your comparison is flat out foolish.

hinrichs
11-24-2015, 04:56 PM
You're a paid advertiser on Northridge's facebook page? Otherwise, you're absolutely comparing apples to oranges.

Eddie absolutely has the right to remove a sponsor that is advertising in a manner he doesn't support, but your comparison is flat out foolish.

This was a joke ;)

TFD
11-24-2015, 04:57 PM

I thought his comparison was spot on