Westvleteren to be Released in the U.S.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the first and most likely ONLY time, Westvleteren, a celebrated beer that is often referred to as the world's best is to be Released here in the U.S. Check it out...

A Sign From Above? Needing New Roof, Monks Sell Rare Beer In U.S.
westvleteren12.jpg

The 12th day of the 12th month of 2012 is not a day of deliverance but of delivery for devout American fans of Westvleteren 12, brewed by the reclusive Belgian monks at St. Sixtus Abbey.

The celebrated beer — often called the best in the world — is usually only available for sale at the abbey, located in the Belgian countryside. But starting Wednesday, buyers in the U.S. and other countries can purchase the beer at select retailers for $84.99 for six bottles.

http://121212xii.wordpress.com/2012/12/03/hello-world/

If anyone local gets their hands on a brick before me, I would be grateful if you would allow me to by a bottle :beer:

StrizzyChris

No offense, but for 90/6pk of beer ill stick with my busch light and some great lakes Nosferatu when im feeling fancy! :drinks:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it wasn't cheap but, if it's really as good as they say it is, I'd like to say that I've tried it especially being that it's never been sold here before and most likely never will again. :crazyeyes:

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
Well, it wasn't cheap but, if it's really as good as they say it is, I'd like to say that I've tried it especially being that it's never been sold here before and most likely never will again. :crazyeyes:

Agreed. Opportunity to try something I might not be able to again. Besides if you ever buy a drink at the airport or a hotel bar it isn't that expensive.

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
Man, I'm so jealous. I have to wait until tomorrow as I have a doc appointment in the morning and can't drink tonight :rolleyes2:

Please let us know what it's like

Nope. I'm not gonna spoil it for you. ;)

Top Bottom