Rear Axle Shafts

Gecko12

I need new axle shafts and looking at brands. Looking for quality, longevity and customer service. Which of these brands should I be ordering?

Nitro
G2
TEN factory

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just installed some Revolution axle shaft which I ordered thru trail jeeps. they are made in the USA, come with a lifetime warranty on the WHOLE shaft, and are 4340 chromoly shafts which are larger than majority of the other shafts on the market. also trail jeeps has a wayalife discount that you can use when you call. just tell tim your forum name when you speak to him.

Sessoms14X

I just installed some Revolution axle shaft which I ordered thru trail jeeps. they are made in the USA, come with a lifetime warranty on the WHOLE shaft, and are 4340 chromoly shafts which are larger than majority of the other shafts on the market. also trail jeeps has a wayalife discount that you can use when you call. just tell tim your forum name when you speak to him.

How are they when concidering price and quality compared to like an Adams shaft? I was considering an adams front DS but I plan on having Trail Jeeps do a lot of work to my jeep someday so I'd like to consider it.

Edit: Rear as well

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How are they when concidering price and quality compared to like an Adams shaft? I was considering an adams front DS but I plan on having Trail Jeeps do a lot of work to my jeep someday so I'd like to consider it.

I ordered my ds straight from Adams so I couldn't tell you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I need new axle shafts and looking at brands. Looking for quality, longevity and customer service. Which of these brands should I be ordering?

Nitro
G2
TEN factory

From what I've seen, they're all pretty much the same and I rarely hear or have seen any of them break - just bend at the flange just like factory. Of course, that's more a problem with semi-float shafts than anything and not a problem with the make. Being that ALL shafts will bend at the flange and that aftermarket shafts are cheaper than factory replacements, I'd okay with running just about any of those. I would just make sure to get what you do with everything pressed on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I believe the OP was asking about "axle" shafts and not "drive" shafts.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would stay away from yukon for the rear shafts, while I didnt break mine, I did bend a flange within 500 miles of them being installed. The warranty for rubi shafts from them is not good compared to non rubi shafts which sucked. I got a replacement but that took around 2 weeks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would stay away from yukon for the rear shafts, while I didnt break mine, I did bend a flange within 500 miles of them being installed. The warranty for rubi shafts from them is not good compared to non rubi shafts which sucked. I got a replacement but that took around 2 weeks.

That's good to know. Thanks for posting this up.

JAGS

Hooked

X2 here. Went with revolution. These thing are well manufactured right here in the USA.

To Eddie's point as well, everything comes pre-pressed.

iRonin

I just replaced mine literally this week. I went with TEN Factory. Not quite as stout at 4140, but for less than $300 I was good with the price point vs quality. :thumb:

They did not come pressed or with retainer plates which helps keep the cost down I imagine, but if you go that route, I have pics on my build thread of the assembly process and some lessons learned setting them up for the first time.

Top Bottom