Bump steer

BertaNation

After removing my duel steering stabilizer and going back to a single. I now have noticed that I have bump steer when driving over small bumps in the road. Is there something I need to look into that would cause this or is my single just not gonna be enough?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you trying to say you are feeling kick back from features in the road? You shouldn't "need" any steering stabilizer let alone 2. Perhaps you need to tell us more about what all you have on your Jeep - how much lift, what lift, what components, etc.

BertaNation

Yep kick back from man holes in the road my steering wheel will wobble left to right.
I am running a 4"rc lift.
35s, all 8 adjustable CA
Lift did come w drop pitman arm and front and rear raised track bar brackets

I have noticed lately that my passenger front spring must be sagging because I am about 3/4" lower on that side

WJCO

Meme King
After removing my duel steering stabilizer and going back to a single. I now have noticed that I have bump steer when driving over small bumps in the road. Is there something I need to look into that would cause this or is my single just not gonna be enough?

It is possible too that you got accustomed to the feel of dual stabilizers and now switching you are feeling something different. May not even be abnormal. Steering stabilizers definitely change the 'feel' of how Jeeps drive.

WJCO

Meme King
Yep kick back from man holes in the road my steering wheel will wobble left to right.
35s, all 8 adjustable CA

I have noticed lately that my passenger front spring must be sagging because I am about 3/4" lower on that side

I would check for loose components first, then tire balance, then proper caster angle. Being higher on the driver's side is very common as your vehicle height adjusts when you sit down in the seat (for the most part).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
35s, all 8 adjustable CA

Okay, that helps. Get ride of your dropped pitman arm and install a drag link flip. Most like the one EVO or AEV makes will come with a new front track bar relocation bracket and I would remove what you have and install it with the kit as well. That should help with some of what you're feeling.

It is possible too that you got accustomed to the feel of dual stabilizers and now switching you are feeling something different. May not even be abnormal. Steering stabilizers definitely change the 'feel' of how Jeeps drive.

This too ^^^

Top Bottom