Spare tire bracket

Thomas21

I actually bought a brand new tire carrier, but it mounted on the aftermarket bumper I had bought too, that's the easiest way I found how to do it. I'll add a picture if I can find one

07streetbobrider

Yes it's a radial. On 17x9 Mamba rims. Doesn't affect hitch at all. The angle of the picture makes it look closer than it really is. The hitch is below the bumper.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As already mentioned, a 33" tire is perfectly fine on the stock carrier. Just make sure you extend your tailgate bumpstops or get something like the Daystar bumpstops. These will make sure your bumpstops are snug against the tire and keep it from rattling. A 33" tire is not that much bigger than the stock tires. It will not affect the third brake light, hitch or anything. I ran both my JK and JKU with 33s on the stock carrier with no issues whatsoever. As mentioned, it's very close to a stock Rubi tire.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441634832.156598.jpg

35x12.50r17 on a stock wheel. I did have to put a spacer/adapter as the tire would hit the brake light and bumper before the studs would go through the wheel. Now I run the EVO rear fascia and if I were to cut the 3rd brake light off, I believe I could make it work without the spacer. Its a teracrap spacer and I am running it as I got it brand new from a buddy for $10 if I remember right. As mentioned you just want to make sure you get the bump stop extensions or make some to mitigate the spare from rattling/being loose. Mine does cover the 3rd brake light as the spacer Im using moves the tire out and up some.

Top Bottom