Rough Country Driveshafts?

You thinking of buying? Pretty sure hhunter does.

Edit: for the cost difference, i would save just a tad more money and buy a reputable brand like coast, je reel or adams.

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Does anyone have Rough Country driveshafts installed?

Just the idea of a rough country drive shaft makes me cringe. They are a very affordable company for a reason. Their lift kits literally fall apart and sag after a few months of use. Im gonna x2 on the save your pennies and get an adams shaft. Nothing but good things about them

nknacd

I've been running rough country for 3+ years and have had no issues. I go about once every other month off roading so they have seen some use in those years. i rarely run into people who have actually had issues with them. most of the time it is a friend-of-a-friend or just people repeating what they read in bad reviews about issues with them. the ones i know that had issues they were quickly rectified, such as a blown out shock or a leaking one that was replaced free of charge.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Do you guys have drive shafts? Cuz thats what the op was asking for, not about the lifts themselves.

I would go with the more trusted brands as well, but who knows they could be very good as well people just choose not to get them.

After just looking on their website, I would be worried since they do not say what joints they use so are they 1350 or 1310s?

Last edited:

nknacd

not yet, haven't needed to replace it as of yet. But i would buy one without thinking twice. maybe two just in case :)

Grubbicon

As Medix said HHunter has one. I helped him install it. I have to say I was impressed and expected much worse. Cant say I would buy them but I have to say much better quality then their lift that I once had.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would stay with the known brands for driveshafts personally. Go look at je reel, Adams, and coast. They are a little more expensive then the RC ones but as the old saying goes you tend to get what you paid for.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I use Adams and found them to be the same price or cheaper than the rough country shafts. I bought mine a few years ago on ebay for 350 each with the yoke. But upon checking they have gone up to over 425

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Just wondering. I prefer JE Reel cause they are local, the owner Jim Reel is a great guy and their warranty is awesome.

^^This. Jim is pretty funny to talk to over the phone. Had to give him a call when working to rebuild my DS joints. Honest guy with some experience backed advice.

BlackHawk08jk

Do you guys have drive shafts? Cuz thats what the op was asking for, not about the lifts themselves.

I would go with the more trusted brands as well, but who knows they could be very good as well people just choose not to get them.

After just looking on their website, I would be worried since they do not say what joints they use so are they 1350 or 1310s?

I was looking at them a few years back and they where 1310.

Top Bottom