My first Rough country let down

robx251

Caught the Bug
After having the 4" lift kit installed for two and a half years I have had my first failure. Yes I know it's cheap and to be expected and u knew it going in to it.

Driving down a rough paved road here in Maine I felt the rear start to get wobbly. After getting to the destination I looked at the jeep and found that my shocks were uneven lengths. Great.....
1447974801556.jpg
Well looks like the cheap pot metal used to make the cross bar broke Oh well cheap is a cheap does... Looks like time to upgrade to the Fox 2.0 IFP... Might even get some of my ride height back from my sagged Springs. Yes I bought the next size up lift because I knew they sagged.

nknacd

did you contact them to try and get a new one? They have a 3yr warrant on that stuff

Shocks & Stabilizers
3 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Covers leaking, diminished dampening, and breakage.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
did you contact them to try and get a new one? They have a 3yr warrant on that stuff

Shocks & Stabilizers

That would be one way, or he could pay a bit more for something that will be better and last longer.

Grubbicon

If you are still running their drop bracket on the frame side I suggest you check it for cracking. Mine finally broke all the way through and also bent the front 2 shocks. After it broke you could see where it had cracked and the bare metal spots were rusty leading me to the conclusion that that was waiting to happen.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448037516.558339.jpg

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
After having the 4" lift kit installed for two and a half years I have had my first failure. Yes I know it's cheap and to be expected and u knew it going in to it.

Driving down a rough paved road here in Maine I felt the rear start to get wobbly. After getting to the destination I looked at the jeep and found that my shocks were uneven lengths. Great.....
View attachment 174382
Well looks like the cheap pot metal used to make the cross bar broke Oh well cheap is a cheap does... Looks like time to upgrade to the Fox 2.0 IFP... Might even get some of my ride height back from my sagged Springs. Yes I bought the next size up lift because I knew they sagged.

Not trying to steer you away from these, but I blew a Fox 2.0 in about 6 months. There is at least 1 other member on here that has blown one as well. Could have just been bad luck on my part, but I was less than impressed when that happened. I'd hate to see you spend the money and have the same luck.

robx251

Caught the Bug
If you are still running their drop bracket on the frame side I suggest you check it for cracking. Mine finally broke all the way through and also bent the front 2 shocks. After it broke you could see where it had cracked and the bare metal spots were rusty leading me to the conclusion that that was waiting to happen.
View attachment 174480

I do not have the drop bracket on the frame side I never put out in. On my rear axle I have the updated axle bracket and fit the front I have just the axle bracket that bolts to the existing mount and clamps to the tube. I have not had any bump steering issues.

I have looked it over a few times and looks good still. But thank you for the info. I'll keep an eye on it.

Last edited:

robx251

Caught the Bug
Not trying to steer you away from these, but I blew a Fox 2.0 in about 6 months. There is at least 1 other member on here that has blown one as well. Could have just been bad luck on my part, but I was less than impressed when that happened. I'd hate to see you spend the money and have the same luck.

I have heard of an issue here and there but I have had real good luck with their products in the past with some sleds and other such toys.

robx251

Caught the Bug

Shocks & Stabilizers

No I have opted to not replace these under warranty. I have wanted to get the Fox shox for a while, this just have me an excuse to start the switch.

Top Bottom