Dynatrac pro grip brakes

rogerk93

Does anyone have any idea when the new dynatrac pro grip brakes will be released? I need new brakes soon and would rather upgrade it than just the simple pads and rotors.

Also do you need to get a bigger brake master cylinder? I know the teraflex requires something like that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Does anyone have any idea when the new dynatrac pro grip brakes will be released? I need new brakes soon and would rather upgrade it than just the simple pads and rotors.

Also do you need to get a bigger brake master cylinder? I know the teraflex requires something like that.

Your talking about the new pro grip 2 correct? If not dynatrac already has the pro grip system available and from what I hear it's pretty awesome.

rogerk93

Your talking about the new pro grip 2 correct? If not dynatrac already has the pro grip system available and from what I hear it's pretty awesome.

Yes the pro grip 2. I don't want to grab the original pro grips if the new ones will drop soon.

rogerk93

The downside to the progrip 2s is needing 18" wheels to clear the massive calipers.

I didn't know that. I'm currently sitting on 17's I don't plan on changing the rims anytime soon. Teraflex currently offers front and now rear upgrades and that comes with larger calibers. You need a 17 inch rim for those. Anyone running front and rear teraflex

Trail JK

I didn't know that. I'm currently sitting on 17's I don't plan on changing the rims anytime soon. Teraflex currently offers front and now rear upgrades and that comes with larger calibers. You need a 17 inch rim for those. Anyone running front and rear teraflex

I'm running the pro grips with 17's and like them a lot.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Based on similar kits I'd guess 2k+ but that isn't bad. Seeing more and more of the extra big tires 42s+ going to 20" rims. People no longer settling for the piss poor handling with huge sidewalls. On a tire that big 20s are actually fine and leave lots of room for massive brakes.

Trail JK

In what situation do you notice the most improvement? Or is it general feel?

I noticed a change in the stopping power, no slipping, less lead time is needed when stopping. I'm also running 37's. Feels like stock before I upgraded the tires.

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1447995881.443231.jpg

Not Progrip...but at 1700.00ish for the fronts and the same for the rear. Progrip 1 looking good to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It won't be available any time soon. Some time next year.

Yes the pro grip 2. I don't want to grab the original pro grips if the new ones will drop soon.

Clearly, you've never driven a JK with 37" (or 40" tires for that matter) that have the ProGrip 1. Trust me, I have and even got to do some testing with Dynatrac to see how they compare with equally setup JK's running their competitions brakes and without question, the ProGrip is WAY BETTER. You get solid, flat braking performance and without locking up your tires unlike their competition. The ProGrip 2's are really designed for 40's or bigger but after running my ProGrip 1s with 40x15.50's, I can't say that I feel the need for the upgrade. Of course, that's just me.

The downside to the progrip 2s is needing 18" wheels to clear the massive calipers.

This is accurate ^^^

trailraider

Moneywise? You spend $700 on JUST the front. $950 Gets you Dynatrac Progrip 1 front and rear, calipers, rotors, pads and all without having to break into the plumbing. Not to mention, evenly distributed braking so no more nose diving during hard braking.

i'm reading this and a little confused as i dont know if there is more to this story.

is the JK a 50/50 split brake from the factory? as i do know most vehicles are a 70/30(average) split. the JK i dont know.

and i see from a different post the calipers do not come with the Dynatrac kit , correct?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i'm reading this and a little confused as i dont know if there is more to this story.

is the JK a 50/50 split brake from the factory? as i do know most vehicles are a 70/30(average) split. the JK i dont know.

and i see from a different post the calipers do not come with the Dynatrac kit , correct?

It's new caliper brackets which help distribute the braking force over the rotor

trailraider

never mind, it looks to be all electronicly controlled with sensors now. directs the flow to where it needs to be.

so i imagine the Dynatrac are much larger pads and rotors, does anyone have a comparison picture side by side?

Top Bottom