Condensation Issues

agadawg1717

Got my Jeep about 2 weeks ago.. 2011 JK Unlimited Hard Top. When I first got it I noticed the Drivers side seat belt and carpet in the floor wells of the front and back seats were soaked under the Floor Mats.. Thought it was maybe from where the dealer had detailed it and shampooed the carpet and didn't let them dry. Sucked all the water our of the floor boards and carpet... Drove it to the mountains for a night last weekend. Temps were around 25-30 that night. When I go in it the next morning the inside of the top was covered in condensation. Drove it for about 2 hours and it dried up and didn't make it to the carpet. Picked it up tonight from a buddies house where I park it during the week.. Carpet in floor wells is soaked again! Large amount of moisture/condensation on passenger side of wind shield and rear passenger window. Also had moisture once again on the inside of the roof of the top. Checked all seals and gaskets and no leak or evidence of water getting in.. I've had numerous jeeps YJ's TJ's 2013 JK some with soft tops and some with hard but have never had this issue before.

Any help or insight would be great!

jeeeep

Hooked
does the hardtop still have the front panel big bolt screws holding the front tops down?

If they are too tight it'll keep the seal from sealing and allow moister in.

Take them out, make sure the seals are good and put the tops back on without the screw bolts, I've had mine out for 3 years and haven't had any issues in snow or rain.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Those are installed. I checked all the seals yesterday and they looked pretty good.

Same happened to mine when i got it back from the dealership. The seals looked fine but i just simply took the freedom panels off and put them back on and it was fine. Idk. Sounds stupid but worth a try

jeeeep

Hooked
Those are installed. I checked all the seals yesterday and they looked pretty good.

Same happened to mine when i got it back from the dealership. The seals looked fine but i just simply took the freedom panels off and put them back on and it was fine. Idk. Sounds stupid but worth a try

this ^^

Those bolts don't need to be tight, they are there just to hold so don't over tighten them. I've had mine off since 2011 and no issues. If you install them, just tighten until you feel a slight resistance or it'll force the front edge to lift enough for the seal not to fit properly.

agadawg1717

I tried the Freedom panel remove and reinstall with no luck. Only thing that worked so far is cracking the Windows a little bit while parked overnight and that has done the trick. Obviously not a long term fix but works for now.

Top Bottom