52 inch led light bar problem

bradya1

Today we received the first snow of the year. I'm in michigan. When I drove my jeep I noticed when the wipers pushed the snow off the windshield the light mounts caught it on the sides of the windshield and causes the wipers to ride up on the piled snow. Any ideas on how to fix this? Besides getting rid of the light.

Grubbicon

My idea would be to weld a piece on the inside to make it as a ramp to push the snow out. But not sure if there is really room to make that work.

budmanm3

Run the defrost at high to keep the glass warm enough to not build up?

We don't deal with this I'm FL so Im just throwing stuff out there. :)

Josh27

Run the defrost at high to keep the glass warm enough to not build up?

We don't deal with this I'm FL so Im just throwing stuff out there. :)

I don't have a light bar mount like the op does but I still get a snow build up on the Side of my windshield too. Defrost sucks and doesn't reach the sides of the windshield at all so that doesn't help. Also my wipers occasionally get snow buildup frozen on them and don't clear the windshield very well.

I wanna say just the opposite, try not to have your windshield get that warm so that the snow does not melt on the windshield so it doesn't freeze and stick to the windshield when it gets to the side. I know this has seemed to help me before. But idk about your light bar mounts.

Flynlo

If you want to get real fancy, buy some thin copper tape (Link here: http://www.adafruit.com/product/1128) to run up and back down the side of the glass (on the inside). Wire up a defrost switch or tap into the existing one for the rear (if you have it), solder the wires to the tape to create a circuit and BAM!, you've created a defroster (like on your back window). I was going to do it in my '10 JK until I got a '14 JK where the front defrost vents are much better.

Top Bottom