Clutch Help!!

Hey All, I noticed that my clutch pedal felt real sloppy all of the sudden and seemed to be engaging much closer to the floor than normal. Took a look underneath and there is fluid all over the bell housing. Could use some help in understanding what would be going on. It's a 2013 with about 41k on it so I'm out of the factory 36k warranty, but I do have a 100k factory wrap warranty so I'm hoping this will be covered. They have already torn my transmission apart twice under warranty to replace throwout bearings, input shaft bearings, shift rails, and the shifter assembly itself.

Here is a pic:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448223940.586634.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448223981.772980.jpg

LAJK

Is your brake fluid low aswell? This can mean a bad clutch slave. I just had the same problem a few weeks ago.

Sounds like your slave cylinder went out. Fairly common on these.

That's what it seems to be pointing at. Guess I'll get it into the dealership right away and see if they'll cover it. I assume it shouldn't be driven except to try and get it in to the dealer?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I assume it shouldn't be driven except to try and get it in to the dealer?
As long as you keep the clutch resivoir full, the jeep will drive fine for a while, worst case may take a few pumps of the clutch peddle to get it to disengage UNLESS THE FLUID GETS LOW ENOUGH TO ALLOW AIR IN THE SYSTEM. Just keep an eye in it and it should be "driveable" but yeah, you'll want to fix it sooner than later...

LAJK

There Is air in the system. The brake fluid being topped off won't really help. You will need to bleed the system.

Good to hear. Hopefully they'll have your Jeep back soon. I'm waiting on mine as well. I feel empty and naked without it, lol.

They were booking appointments for next week so I'm not hopeful. At least they gave me a wrangler to drive while it's in, but I want MINE back. All the guys in the service department were drooling over it :rock:

Hope you get yours back soon!!

WJCO

Meme King
They were booking appointments for next week so I'm not hopeful. At least they gave me a wrangler to drive while it's in, but I want MINE back. All the guys in the service department were drooling over it :rock:

Hope you get yours back soon!!

Me too. I'm guessing next week. I have to wait for an insurance adjuster to take pictures before I can start repairs. Holiday week. Gotta love it.

Top Bottom