Tail lights question?

ldjernes

I'll be getting the evo rear corner skins in a few months and was trying to find a round tail light that would work with them but still had the reverse light, I'm not having much luck was curious if you guys have found anything like that or what your guys setup is like with the rear corner skins.

spicoli

Offroad only (ORO) makes one but I don't know how good it is. I doubt reverse is any brighter than stock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run the ORO lights in the past and the reverse lights don't do much of anything to light things up behind you. I know that EVO installs lights with reverse on them all the time and I would ask them for a recommendation.

Ddays

Hooked
The ORO lights are the only ones I've seen but they are a surface mount. You may have to fab some kind of mounting ring if you use those.
Pretty easy to wire up separate lights though. I used a couple Eagle Eyes I got on Amazon after seeing a couple guys post up on them.
Surprising how bright those are. I did 2 on each corner along the lower pinch seam.

mackey

I am using the ORO rear lights with my EVO corners. So far they have worked great. By themselves, they are probably not bright enough for back up lights. I also have LED slim lights and LED cubed lights I can turn on when backing.

So far, no complaints. I am having fast blinker issues on one side but cannot confirm if the ORO lights are the cause. This is the only pic I found. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448292967.453370.jpg

ldjernes

I'll look into those lights. I'm not looking for brightness mainly just so people can tell when I'm backing up. Thanks for the info everyone

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I run 2 smaller bars on the rear crossmember which I guess lets people know I am backing up. I thought about going with those lights mackey is running, but I dont like they way they look enough to spend the money on them but they are a great option if you want a built in reverse light.

ldjernes

I run 2 smaller bars on the rear crossmember which I guess lets people know I am backing up. I thought about going with those lights mackey is running, but I dont like they way they look enough to spend the money on them but they are a great option if you want a built in reverse light.

Do u have yours wired to reverse or just a switch?

Ddays

Hooked
Also found OPT7 brand lights on Amazon. $125.00 for 4 and free shipping. $31 per light is a pretty good deal. Very bright
and appear to be well made. Hopefully they last.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I haven't gotten my stockpile of parts installed yet, but these are the lights that I bought to run with my Evo corner armor.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxxima-M8541...1448297681&sr=8-2&keywords=maxxima+tail+light

They come in a 6 led and 12 led option. I got the 12 led in the link above. They do not sit flush like the typical 4" led trailer lights that most people run on corner armor. They are maybe just over a half, maybe 3/4" tall.

I have seen a few pics of peope on here running them, maybe someone who has them installed can comment. These might be the ones that Evo installs on some builds they do, I've seen quite a few with these lights on their IG and FB page.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Do u have yours wired to reverse or just a switch?

My last jeep I was running cubes that were wired to a switch to use as running/dust lights and also wired to the reverse light circuit that they would auto turn on. This jeep they are just wired to be reverse lights.

JAGS

Hooked
I am using the ORO rear lights with my EVO corners. So far they have worked great. By themselves, they are probably not bright enough for back up lights. I also have LED slim lights and LED cubed lights I can turn on when backing.

So far, no complaints. I am having fast blinker issues on one side but cannot confirm if the ORO lights are the cause. This is the only pic I found. View attachment 174799

I haven't gotten my stockpile of parts installed yet, but these are the lights that I bought to run with my Evo corner armor.

http://www.amazon.com/Maxxima-M8541...1448297681&sr=8-2&keywords=maxxima+tail+light

They come in a 6 led and 12 led option. I got the 12 led in the link above. They do not sit flush like the typical 4" led trailer lights that most people run on corner armor. They are maybe just over a half, maybe 3/4" tall.

I have seen a few pics of peope on here running them, maybe someone who has them installed can comment. These might be the ones that Evo installs on some builds they do, I've seen quite a few with these lights on their IG and FB page.

These are the Maximma lights I am running. Can see a ton of pics in my "buy" thread. Had them on for litte over a year and half now. Strainger had the gen 1 version and seeing his helped me decide. I may have been one of the first to do the gen 2, which now come with more LEDs. They don't "light up the block" but, they do provide ample lighting for backing up in parking lots, the driveway/garage and maneuvering on the trail.

I knew I wasn't going to be doing aftermarket lighting for a while, so I wanted an all in one option. These are much slimmer than the oro lights and EVO was happy to recommend this option at the time. No mods to the skin are needed either. I do advise the gen II version as the plastic is clearer and more LEDs is better as well.

ldjernes

These are the Maximma lights I am running. Can see a ton of pics in my "buy" thread. Had them on for litte over a year and half now. Strainger had the gen 1 version and seeing his helped me decide. I may have been one of the first to do the gen 2, which now come with more LEDs. They don't "light up the block" but, they do provide ample lighting for backing up in parking lots, the driveway/garage and maneuvering on the trail.

I knew I wasn't going to be doing aftermarket lighting for a while, so I wanted an all in one option. These are much slimmer than the oro lights and EVO was happy to recommend this option at the time. No mods to the skin are needed either. I do advise the gen II version as the plastic is clearer and more LEDs is better as well.

I tried finding ur buy thread but I suck at finding threads sometime lol. Did u get urs off amazon when u got them.

JAGS

Hooked
I tried finding ur buy thread but I suck at finding threads sometime lol. Did u get urs off amazon when u got them.

This is the thread he is referring to. Check out post #207, it has the photos you are looking for.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?15134-The-Evolution-of-ENVY-Build&p=305602&viewfull=1#post305602

Ha ha, sorry, I just figured everyone knew about my buy thread. ;) The link Highoctane posted is correct.

I got them off of ebay for the lights/amazon for resistors. The light seller was a semi truck light seller as that is what these maximmas are generally used for.

Top Bottom