Steering Stabilizer help

DRTYRAT30

So I got the JKS weld on stabilizer relocation bracket that also strengthens the track bar mount. With the synergy tie-rod clamp mount. My problem is my bilstein stabilizer doesn't fit the 5/8th mount stud on the JKS bracket but it fits the tie-rod end as its still 1/2". The metal sleeve in the bilstein is vulcanized to the rubber bushing so I can't remove to enlarge. Does anyone know if the Fox stabilizer can be changed to 5/8th mount on the body side? Thanks for any help. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448301849.635864.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448301863.569019.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Does the stock stabilizer fit on that? Thats all I would personally run, other than hydro assist.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I have the synergy tie rod stabilizer relocation mount with a fox 2.0 stabilizer and that set up works really great.

DRTYRAT30

I have the synergy tie rod stabilizer relocation mount with a fox 2.0 stabilizer and that set up works really great.

Yeah wish I would of went with synergy brackets on both ends but the JKS mount with the reinforcement of the track bar mount seemed like a good thing. To late now it's welded up. So can you remove the sleeves on the fox 2.0 to make it fit a 5/8th stud?

YellowJK

Yeah wish I would of went with synergy brackets on both ends but the JKS mount with the reinforcement of the track bar mount seemed like a good thing. To late now it's welded up. So can you remove the sleeves on the fox 2.0 to make it fit a 5/8th stud?

Yes, it's what I had to do to mine.

vjusmc

I used the stock stabilizer but removed the metal bushing and placed the screw through the rubber bushing. I did this within the last week. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure everything is holding up well.

tharb5111

Does your fox 2.o ss push left? I've heard it pushes. I'm thinking about the old man emu steering damper since my stock ss won't fit steering damper relovation brackets.

tharb5111

No I have no issues with mine.

Good to hear. I really wish I could get the stock ss to relocate. Don't want to spend cash on new ss just to relocate stock location. I want to raise up stock location to avoid rocks and potential trail damage. But if I have to get new ss to do this I'm stuck on which brand fits which relocation brackets.

Also I've been driving without my stock ss. When I hit large pot holes with one tire at speeds over 45 mph the wheel shutters and shivers hard. I imagine e this can't be good overtime on my steering components. Seems the stock ss really dampens those holes cause I never really noticed them before until I took off the damper.

I took it off to see if I really needed it. Offroad feels fine. But pot holes at speed will wake you up.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Yeah that's really all it does is dampens any harsh movement in the steering some guys don't even run them.

Top Bottom