JK startup issue. Bad noises.

davantalus

Anyone know what I've broken here?

Manual transmission, 2013 JKUR, 83k miles, AC is currently in off position. I haven't tried to manually spin the fan yet.

Here's the details of the last few startups:
Pulled jk into driveway to wash it. All was well.
Pulled jk into garage for vacuum and detail. All was well.
Tried to start jk after detail and vacuum and heard the starter motor spin (I think?). But motor didn't start turning over.
Pulled out key, stuck it back in. Jeep turned over this time. Hear a clatter and squeaking kinda like those old cars that need a new serpentine.
The squeaking/clatter seems to be happening at the same rate as accessories spin. When I pulled it into its parking spot the noises would speed up with revs.

Kavanji

sounds like the starter is sticking. it probably has mud or dirt in it. take the startermotor of and take it apart. clean and lube everything and reassemble.

davantalus

sounds like the starter is sticking. it probably has mud or dirt in it. take the startermotor of and take it apart. clean and lube everything and reassemble.

Now that you've pointed it out, this sounds super likely! Will report back. Hopefully it's not to hard to get to with the armor I've got under there. :doh:

Top Bottom