Another dana question...

Tranquillity

So today I reinforced my C on my dana 30 and was wondering, why upgraging to a d44 / pr44 and put lockers!? I mean, will a d30 break that often!? Replacing a broken gear is quite cheaper than buying a whole PR44 unless it broke in every trails :\

Plus since my JK is an 2011 I plan to change it in 5 years at most. So sticking with what I have is quite the most reasonnable option right!?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So today I reinforced my C on my dana 30 and was wondering, why upgraging to a d44 / pr44 and put lockers!? I mean, will a d30 break that often!? Replacing a broken gear is quite cheaper than buying a whole PR44 unless it broke in every trails :\

Plus since my JK is an 2011 I plan to change it in 5 years at most. So sticking with what I have is quite the most reasonnable option right!?

Assuming nothing else breaks in the process like spider gears or carrier/pinion bearings, installing a new ring and pinion can cost you upwards of $1000 USD. But, that probably won't happen unless you're running 5.13's and locked up. More than likely, you will break axle shafts but, that's not that big of a deal and for the most part, preventable so long as you stick with 35's or smaller and keep your front end open. So, depending on your setup and how hard and often you play, you're right, there may not be a need for a D44 for you.

Top Bottom