1310 or switch to 1350 front driveshaft

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I'm about to order PR44 and have the option of ordering 1310 or 1350 yoke. I currently run 1310 on my D30 and also run 37 inch BFGs. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order the PR set up for 1350. What are people with 37 inch tires running up front?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm about to order PR44 and have the option of ordering 1310 or 1350 yoke. I currently run 1310 on my D30 and also run 37 inch BFGs. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and order the PR set up for 1350. What are people with 37 inch tires running up front?

Do you plan on doing 40's at some point? If so deff go 1350. If not then some solid 1310's from Adams will work.

JAGS

Hooked
Why not spend just a little extra and go with the 1350? Since you're going PR44, would make sense to go with a beefier DS as well.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Why not spend just a little extra and go with the 1350? Since you're going PR44, would make sense to go with a beefier DS as well.

I guess this is what I'm trying to figure out. I already have a Coast 1310 driveshaft that I replaced my OEM one with. I've been happy with the Coast but I imagine I'm going to be playing harder on the rocks once the D30 is out of picture. My budget is tight and I'd rather not spend money to replace my current driveshaft if it's not really needed.

jeeeep

Hooked
I plan on sticking with 37s. I have a Coast aftermarket driveshaft already that I would just use with the PR.

i have a coast 1310 front and had to have it shortened when I got my PR44.
take a measurement before you install it or you'll drive yourself crazy trying to resolve ds vibration.
take the ds to a good driveline shop, cost me about $100 to get mine shortened and they measured, shortened and installed it too.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
take a measurement before you install it or you'll drive yourself crazy trying to resolve ds vibration.
take the ds to a good driveline shop, cost me about $100 to get mine shortened and they measured, shortened and installed it too.

This is good advice!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug

I really appreciate you sharing this info. I wasn't even thinking about how the axle swap might require change to DS length.

jeeeep

Hooked
I really appreciate you sharing this info. I wasn't even thinking about how the axle swap might require change to DS length.
it fits but the vibrations..... shop that installed the pr44 insisted it fit and the issue delayed me 2 days from a trip. i finally pulled it off and when i got to my location i took it to a shop i used in the past. they showed me what was wrong and why then fixed it.

WEN2FAS

Adams says up to 37" tires with 1310's. Why would you want to be at the "up to" mark when for not that much more you can have beefier 1350's?

sjd78

I went with a coast 1310 with 37's. I'd rather have the 1310 u joint be the weak link instead of my axle shafts or ring and pinion.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I went with 1310 on my front DS. Broke it on one of my first outings out in Rio Puerco. It was a Tom Woods.
I'd go with 1350 if I did it over. Now I carry a spare front DS.

Wanted it to be my 'weak link' and it was.

I went with 1310 on my front DS. Broke it on one of my first outings out in Rio Puerco. It was a Tom Woods.
I'd go with 1350 if I did it over. Now I carry a spare front DS.

Wanted it to be my 'weak link' and it was.

Did the tom woods have chinese joints or true usa spicers?

Grubbicon

Id go with a 1350 personally. This is a 1310 Tom Woods I had for awhile. It did hold up to a good bit of abuse though before it did go.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448592787.626246.jpg

Top Bottom