Lift comparison!

1BAMF'nJKU

Anyone running the jks 3.5" complete lift kit? Do you like it? How does this compare to the evo enforcer 3" lift? Thanks and I look forward to hearing your comments and opinions!!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would stay away from AEV simply due to all the relation brackets they use. Nothing wrong with them if you don't plan to wheel your jeep, but they can get hung up on the trails since they hang down low.

I can not comment on the JKS lift, but I ran basically what was an enforcer lift and was very happy with it. The plush rides are great coils if you like a softer ride.

What kind of wheeling do you plan to be doing?

Petzl88

I noticed on Trail Jeeps Facebook page that they have been installing a lot of the JKS lifts recently and not as many EVO Enforcers. I called them the other day to ask about the JKS coils because I think I'm going to swap out my EVO front and stock rear coils. Give them a call.

Petzl88

I would stay away from the AEV lift if you're really going to wheel. My buddy has the 2.5" AEV lift and I swear that the extended length on the shocks paired with that kit don't look right. There is not much droop.

Heavyhaul07

The aev kit is decent for running trails and light rocks. And as a dd. Other than that I wouldn't recommend the aev. Unless your more in to fire roads and overland style offroad

StickFish

I have the AEV 2.5" lift with the geo brackets. Like others have said it's a great lift for the street. In the Midwest I don't play on the rocks much, so I have not had any issues with the brackets hanging up on things. It does ride a little stiff if you have a light JK, as the springs are set up for a heavier load (steel bumpers, rack, expedition loads - which is what the lift was built for) I swapped out the shocks for adjustable Rancho 9000 and that made a big difference to the road ride. However, I am still not quite happy with it and just ordered the 3" EVO's this week to pair with the Rancho's.

I can give you feedback once I get them on the jeep in a week or two.

I plan to go to coil overs once I add D60's (that's the next mod on the list)

TheGoodLife

I have the AEV 2.5" lift and have not had any issues yet as described above. The ride feels like stock to me but I must say there seems to be a lot of haters on here with regard to this particular lift.

Wethy

I have the AEV 2.5" lift and have not had any issues yet as described above. The ride feels like stock to me but I must say there seems to be a lot of haters on here with regard to this particular lift.

I wouldn't call it hate, and I don't think it's the 2.5" in particular a lot of their larger lifts eg 3.5" and 4.5" use control arm drop brackets instead of supplying adjustable front lowers, and the fact that they are more expensive than some kits that provide front lowers I think is what people don't agree with. Me personally I rode in a friends JKU with the AEV 3.5" it rode just fine to me but I did watch him get hung up on the drop bracket as it was slightly sloppy that day and he slide off the rock he was on and it ended up bending the control arm drop bracket. But that's just my experience ymmv

Top Bottom