Looking at buying a CB radio

Bandit1

Hey guys I'm in the market for a good not terribly expensive compact CB for my 2015 Rubi 2 door
Any advice on models and mounting location Will be greatly appreciated
Also ideas for mounting the antenna
Wanting something that's not crazy huge and hidden if possible
Thanks

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hey guys I'm in the market for a good not terribly expensive compact CB for my 2015 Rubi 2 door
Thanks

I have a Uniden 510 that I've owned for about 3 years now. Got it, an antenna and cabling for just over $100 from Quadratec. I bought some pipe hangers from Home depot and mounted it about my rear view mirror from the footmans loop.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks

The cobra 75 with the cooltech mount is a good CB and it mounts in a good location. I ran this set up for a while and liked it. Would have kept it if I didn't want a full size.

Dirt Foot

I've got the Uniden 505 peaked and tuned from my local cb shop. I didn't like mine mounted up so high so I put it here. Also mounted the antenna to the stock tire carrier. Works awesome and it was super great deal

Attachments

• 1448667604257.jpg
    1448667604257.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 192
  • 1448667620187.jpg
    1448667620187.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 191
  • 1448667640548.jpg
    1448667640548.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 191

Petzl88

The only thing bad about the Cobra 75 is the speaker volume and audio quality. I need to get an external speaker for mine. A buddy of mine has the 75 like me but he put a speaker in the roll cage. It sits behind his left ear in the driver seat and really makes it sound better.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The only thing bad about the Cobra 75 is the speaker volume and audio quality. I need to get an external speaker for mine. A buddy of mine has the 75 like me but he put a speaker in the roll cage. It sits behind his left ear in the driver seat and really makes it sound better.

I hear this from a decent amount of people but I never saw the need for a speaker For volume. Now the quality I would agree wasn't the best but it still was clear enough to understand everything. Just my experience

Petzl88

Yea, if you have the top down and are crusing and it is windy I have to hold the speaker up to my ear, but if the top is on and I'm just wheeling the volume is fine.

I guess I struggle because I'm a ham radio guy. I've got a Kenwood TM 271-A 2 meter radio right there that sounds awesome but none of my pals have one, so I bought a CB. [emoji15]

I have the 75 and did the same. Works great and you can't even tell its there.

Petzl88

No. It is just the CB. You will need all the other goodies to go with it. Coax, antenna, antenna mount.

Top Bottom